2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The team is playing great defensively right now and getting great goaltending behind them. It’s amazing to see the turnaround from worst defensive team in the NHL to best right now. Trotz is the man.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I cannot believe I forgot they were playing today,,,,,,damn,,,,,another win for the good guys!!

Red Menace likes this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I’ve said this before but it bears repeating — the Maple Leafs are my most despised team in sports. As we watched the AFCCG my son asked me if it was Pats vs Leafs who would I root for and the answer was easy — Go Pats!

So as our fellow Jets fans lament another Pats trip to the SB, for one day I’m on cloud 9. We not only extend our first place lead but the Leafs lose again and are behind the Islanders in the points standings. Maybe it won’t stay that way, but for today I’m ecstatic, and the Pats win just rolls right off my back.

F you Leafs, your fans, your health care system and your 7 year pajama model.

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Let me tell you something Blue = for the first time in 26 years I am looking forward to April---the last time I was this excited about Hockey was 1993 when I had Islander Season tickets ,,,partial package but I went to every single playoff game = that was a great ride

stinkyB and JetBlue like this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Can I ask why you feel this way? This is a team that is having a historic lack of success - they are currently on a streak of not going to the Stanley Cup Finals for 50 consecutive seasons, something no team has ever done in the history of the league. I've been interested in hockey for 48 years or so, and have been a real fan for 45 years, and I've never given the Leafs a second thought, since they've always sucked. I never gave the Pats a second thought during the 20th century either, for the exact same reason.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sorry Stat,,,I can't speak for anyone else but myself =although I don't hate the Leafs quite as much as I do the Patriots when it comes to hockey JT and his leafs are more disliked by ME than Cindy and her Penguins. I thank Mo Lewis for my dislike of the Patriots and I thank JT for how I feel about the Leafs

stinkyB likes this.
  7. JetBlue

Darcy Tucker. For years I thought I was the only person to harbor animosity for that play, but after Tavares signed it was mentioned in quite a few articles so I’m not alone even if the extent I harbor it is greater.

I don’t blame Reggie Miller for the push; that was the refs job to call it. Same with the series a few years ago against the Pacers where the Knicks were called for a hundred more fouls — that was bad officiating. Sure, I hate the Pacers because of the outcome but I don’t loathe them like the Leafs. The Bulls beating the Knicks in back to back playoffs — that’s a historic team. I hate the Bulls but they don’t offend me.

The Patriots dominating for two decades; fuck’em but oh well. Same with the Braves.

But the Tucker play was just dirty and derailed a pretty good Isles team. We haven’t had enough of them in my life to just accept those missed opportunities.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Red Menace likes this.
  9. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

F greg wishy-washy. he was one of the ones that not only felt the isles would be bottom dwellers yet again(which was a reasonable position to have) but completely mocked the organization in the process...as he's done time and time again. assclown.

JetBlue and Red Menace like this.
  10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

11. JetBlue

We’ve got enough talent in the pipeline that giving up a first is no big deal at this point. We’ve got enough potential who we have to try to find a spot on the team.

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Last game tonight before the break. If they beat the Hawks it will be 6 straight, 16 of 19 and a 30-15-4 record for 64 points. LGI

CBG and Harpua like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Beat the Hawks,,,,,,,ps lots of whispers of a possible trade soon,,,,I do NOT believe that a trade would break up team chemistry and think you trade from strength and when guys are playing well and they have more trade value otherwise I have zero problem trading for a true 2nd line center or anyone to help with the offense !!!! This team can make some noise this year get it done Lou!!!!!!

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the year I think Lou/Barry were going to look at this as an evaluation year as the team wasn't expected to do much especially when Mr. Pajamas left to go home. But with the way things are now I would expect the Isles have to be buyers at the trade deadline. Barry has this team rolling playing within system/structure that gives them a chance to win almost every game.

CBG likes this.
  15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

16. JetBlue

17. JetBlue

Dominant first other than the last minute, so we will probably get outshot 13-5 in the second.

The Hawks are terrified of Barzal.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

that was a stupid penalty by Martin to give the Hawks a 5-3,,,now its 1-1,,,,,Lets Go Islanders

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just a great response by the Islanders and Barzal

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Penalties are killing them. Making it too easy for Chicago to stay in the game.

CBG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.