Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He is not good. He could be their Sanchez or Bortles--stick with him for 3-4-5 years and then be forced to move on.

He's made some great plays with his legs but his inaccuracy (which I saw at UNC) is a killer.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I've been making the Sanchez comparison the entire year. These Bears are the 09/10 Jets without the run game. Great defense, solid OL, good crop of receivers... and a QB who can't make plays to get them to the next level. Just like Sanchez.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Trubisky as only a 2nd year player just threw for 24 TD's/12 INT's with an accuracy completion percentage of 66.6% along with a QB Rating of 95.4.

Please. When did "Mark Sanchez" ever put up close to those numbers as a Jet? Never.

With that said I'm confident that Darnold will become better than Trubisky but then again only time will tell.

Props to those Patrick Mahomes supporters and fans. I personally never believed in the kid, but he's proven me wrong that kid is an absolute stud of a dual threat.

4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

So one drive made you change your mind?
    Tebow is also a good QB because of his OT touchdown throw against the Steelers to know them out of the playoffs.

FJF likes this.
  5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

He looked bad mostly up until that drive, not to mention I don't know what the DBs were doing on a drive that could have potentially lost the game. They weren't anywhere near the receivers and giving way too much cushion, should have been in press to atleast knock receivers off their routes. My friend is a Bears fan and when I asked him how he felt about Tru he said "meh, I like him" in a well I guess we are stuck with him tone...

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

In year 2 he had 17 TDs to 10 INTs, with a 75 passer rating.
    In year 3 he had 26 TDs to 18 INTs, with a 78 passer rating

Trubisky has been better and has much higher comp% and rating, but it's really not THAT far off and both the Bears today and the Jets in those years were built very similar.

7. I think Trubisky has a similar skillset to Sanchez but i think hes a better decision maker & plays in a timeframe much more adaptive to a QBs strengths than when Mark played.

That said Trubisky can make every throw,hes said to be a great leader & can execute a game plan.Almost have to put him in the game manager category. Hes a solid QB..but will never be top 10 in this league.More like a consistent top 15 like an Andy Dailton

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Agreed but IMO Dalton isn't a top 15 QB.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

No comparison between the two. Trubisky is a tough guy who is not afraid to take a hit. Sanchezs problem was he was too scared to take a hit which affected the rest of his game. Trubisky might not be a great thrower of the football but he is a football player. Sackchez simply could not play tackle football.

The teams are somewhat similar with agreat defense. But the jets 2009 and 2010 teams had the best defense, best running game, best offensive line and the best situation for a qb to succeed than likely any team has ever had. The jets almost always played with a lead, did not require Sanchez to pass in bad passing situations and smartly rarely let him pass on 3rd and long because of the high risk of a turnover.

#1609 Noam, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Sanchez has more road playoff wins than Brady. Sanchez > Brady.

11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Sanchez did not win those games. If you reversed QBs in any of those games do you think there is any possibility that Sanchez could have won any of those games. In fact I think it's more likely our defense would score more points than he would.

We won in spite of Sanchez. Look at the Colts game we won he was so terrible we had to abandon the pass in the 2nd half going exclusively with the run.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He played very well in NE.... but unfortunately only half of the Pittsburgh game

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

NE was more the product of amazing plays by WRs. The first TD was an amazing catch by LT on a pass that was thrown to hard and high and absent a great recieving rb would have likely been an INT. The Edward's TD was all Edward's. The throw was 2 or 3 yards then Edward's ran over multiple defenders. The catch by Holmes was simply amazing. Sanchez simply happened to be there and played less terrible than normal because the receivers made so many amazing plays. The catch by Edward's off his helmet ealy in the game was amazing. The jump and catch by Holmes early on turning an INT into a big play was huge.

14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

If we're going to compare Sam to other Qb's you have to compare rookie season to rookie season. QB'S usually take a big step their sophomore year, so you can't say Goff, Trubisky, Wentz are better or worse than Sam.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Trubisky coming out was a slam dunk top 10 pick like Sam. Trubisky was miles better than Sam this year. Trubisky to me even though he was throwing for a high completion percentage and a good TD to INT percentage along with a decent YPC and a very good QB rating, I never thought he was really accurate in the pocket. In that game he stood in the pocket under a lot of pressure and made incredibly tough and accurate throws. I don't see a lot of Trubisky because I don't get a ton of Chicago feeds. Trubisky had a good playoff game but what stood out in that drive which was a potential game winning drive under pressure is he stood tall in the pocket went through his progressions and made spectacularly accurate throws under pressure into tight windows. The comparisons to Sanchez are borderline idiotic. People should go back and watch the Chicago/Pats game. Trubisky was terrific both throwing and running.

Sam coming out like Trubisky was a great NFL prospect. He so far has shown glimpses like Trubisky but hasn't ever been under the pressure and scrutiny Trubisky has been under because he has never been in position to even play in a meaningful game. Sam has done far less than Trubisky but I do think he might be as good. I also think Trubisky is going to get much better than he is now. There is nothing that says he has hit a wall in his progression.

Saying Sam is a better prospect than Trubisky or has shown something at the NFL level that Trubisky hasn't is like comparing Tebow as an NFL prospect to Trubisky because he made one throw in a game he had a 40% completion percentage.

Sam isn't a good QB yet. Trubisky is a decent NFL QB right now. Both of them will get much better. Knowing what their ceiling or floor is at this point is pure speculation. Tebow was never an NFL QB prospect period. I assume you knew that and where being snarky? I love snarky when it has context.

16. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I don't need an excuse...

17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

What we are not gonna do is disrespect Sanchez in his first two years. That’s what we’re not gonna do.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They won that game because Rex's defense held the 14-2 Patriots with HOF QB Tom Brady to 11 points until the final 2 minutes of the game

Noam and BacktoQueens like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

IF you guys think Trubisky sucks then you must really think Darnold sucks. I hate to break it to you, but Trubisky way outperformed Darnold in 2018. This ain't rocket science. Trubisky is better than you think anyway

20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Sanchez has a higher passer rating in the post season than Brady. Sanchez also has a better TD:INT ratio. Sanchez > Brady in the post season.