Kiper: 3 Overall Jets select a dlineman

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Jan 18, 2019.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/mel-kiper-jrs-mock-draft-10-has-jets-shoring-up-defense/302820970

We are still three months away and free agency to go but come on now. This drives me bonkers. I get that Kiper can't make trades and at number three the only offensive player mentioned is Williams the LT from Oklahoma. If the Jets select another DT in the first round I don't think I can take it. If Bosa falls and I don't think he I guess I can be ok with that pick. At three the Jets will have to take Jonah Williams but really they have to trade back. As many have mentioned do what the Colts did. Go to the Giants, or Jaguars at 6 or 7 and get them to come up for Haskins. If we go to 15 with the Redskins we need next year's one. Unless an offensive player becomes a top 3 talent at the the combine etc the Jets have to move back. No defense. We need to get the best players for Sam.

March 13th can't get here soon enough. I can't wait to see who we sign and how different this team looks on both sides of the ball. Will be a fun offseason. Bosa or offense in round one. No to defense. I'm all in on trade back. To 6-7 we are good with a 2nd rounder this year and next year. 15 on next year's one needs to be included.

tomdeb likes this.
  2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Draft forum.....

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

or since it's Mel Kiper maybe in the BS forum?

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Mel Kiper anyway?

jilozzo and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The future Director of Scouting for the Las Vegas Raiders.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We need help on defense to...I feel like we can fill alot of holes in free agency for the offense.Our D Line isnt that great right now

7. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

No god no, please god no.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Enough with the defense guys. There will always be that "Guy" on defense that everyone is like "Hell yeah" he will be a beast in this defense. You know what is better than having another Leo Williams or Jamal Adams? A qb paired with a #1 wr. Maybe we can get it in free agency, maybe not but this team needs to get with the times and the direction that the nfl is going in, fast high scoring offenses, not huge d-line men delivering bone crushing tackles. Take the draft and grab as many high skill offensive players you can get, BPA be damned we need to support Sam not continue bump high value resources into the defense.

KurtTheJetsFan, AJT73 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

MADNESS!!!!

The league is doing everything it can to make sure elite defensive teams do not exist.

STOP trying to recreate the Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens, the Sapp-Lynch-Brooks Bucs, 2009 Jets etc. NOT happening again.

Build around Darnold, build up this offense & the defense will only need to be good enough to hold the leads. This defense was awful at holding big leads this past season.

9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

2 words TRADE BACK! unless Bosa falls. I would like to trade back to 7 with the Jaguars. We can then probably still Draft OT at 7. Then we could use the # 2 acquired in trade to get a quality WR, OG, CB, or DE. I also like Allen at #3 but just don't know if he can play in 4/3 defense. He would definitely fit a 3/4 OL.

#9 BudJet, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    AJT73 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The 2009 Jets don't even belong in the same category as those other teams jesus

11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Oh yes they do.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes and no...

Because I could care less if Bosa falls up down or sideways I am so sick, nauseated overa D line pick

The smart move is trading down like you said

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes and no

I don't care if Bosa drops up down or sideways..No to DL for gods sake!

Trade for numbers like you said

14. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

First off, Kiper mocked the BPA, according to him, to us because we have the most cap space and he acknowledges that the situation will change after free agency.

2nd, Jonah Williams is being projected as a mid-to-late first round pick. Some scouts even have him as a second round pick. Sources below. Kudos to those on the draft forum who have been saying that Jonah Williams isn't worth a top pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ock-draft-10-kyler-murray-lands-with-patriots
    http://draftanalyst.com/shrine-game-notes-monday

FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

There's also a lineman -- forgot his name -- who can either be Aaron Donald or Vernon Ghoulston, boom or bust. Again, forgot his name but I've seen "boom or bust" next to his name a few times.

I think the Alabama guys on the DL and OL are OK/solid but NOT All-Pros. No Quenon Nelson's this year.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

We can't have 2 Williams' on the dline. It would get confusing when calling them fat.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

“Williams sucks”
    “The fat one?”
    “ yea,and the other one”

I think we could manage to get through it

Harpua likes this.
  18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

At this point nobody is right and nobody is wrong. But I think the average ranking of Jonah Williams is way the hell higher than mid to late first round pick.

I still think if we are unable to trade down from our #3 pick that a compelling case can still be made for drafting him there at this point. Obviously a lot could change through free agency, combines, and potential trades.

19. JetsKickAss

I think what they are saying is that unlike Quenon Nelson last year that JW didn't dominate that many players/games. He was solid...excellent...yes.

But NOT dominating to where you saw his name being mentioned because his guy was driven back 5 yards for the 6th time or was on the ground again trying to get to the QB.

Now you are in a situation where the WORST DL's he'll face in the NL are better than 99.9% of the guys he played on in college.

This is what makes projecting so difficult.

20. JetsKickAss

I think there seems to be LESS RISK of picking a LB/DE type in the 1st round (Top 10) than an OL or a pure DL -- agreed ?