Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Of you think trubisky is better you haven't watched the Bears play.

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah he did improve a lot in many areas but he needs improve his lower body to get more zip on his throws. I bet Gase can correct something like that.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Welcome to New York Adam Gase! This is the shit that he's going to have to deal with, and while I think he did a pretty good job of dismissing it, this - and other media-driven nonsense - will continue. I hope he really thought about this before coming here and can adapt.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/17/jets-adam-gase-your-eye-memes-are-pollution-of-the-brain/

And in typical "The headline means everything; accuracy means little" fashion, this headline implies that Gase said that the "bulging eyeballs meme" was "pollution of the brain", but he was actually referring to the use of Twitter, Instagram, the internet, TV as "pollution of the brain", and he's not wrong. I'm not a big Gase fan, but this shit is what I was worried about him being able to handle. So far, he did okay, but how long before he goes off on these button-pushers? He's never had to deal with this level of widespread, well publicized idiocy, and for a guy with a rep of not suffering fools easily, this could blow up quickly.

Welcome to NY!

Noam, NYJetsO12 and LAJet like this.
  4. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

Adam Gase, all football no nonsense. Will prove to be a great hire. Adding Williams as DC was a great move.

BudJet, VegasMav, Acad23 and 3 others like this.
  5. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Great, it’s settled then.

FJF likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The burnout potential is high in this one... Super intense guys sometimes have to learn how to pace themselves.

Jets81, Kris 15 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Haha that’s fair but honestly his entire verbal tone and demeanor was entirely different

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just had a great discussion with my Miami Dolphins fan friend. He is some of the stuff he said:

First off, he said he liked Adam Gase and was upset when he was fired. He said the jump from Joe Philbin to Adam Gase in 2016 was big, not just going (6-10) to (10-6) but an overall feel to the team. Tannehill looked great as if he was a new QB, then had that bad knee injury and Matt Moore had to lead them the rest of the way, including the playoff loss to the Steelers. 2017 they traded Ajayi and Jay Cutler was complete ass. It was Gase's choice to sign Cutler, but he was awful. 2018 they lost Landry, Suh and Pouncy so fans did not expect much but they started out strong and finished (7-9).

He also thinks the reports of Gase forcing himself out were true, because the majority of fans were fine with him. They realized the team had a lot of injuries and Tannehill likely isn't the answer. It was not like Bowles with Jets fans, where we all wanted him gone. He also said his biggest fear when he heard the news he was fired was that the Jets would hire him and it would forever haunt the Dolphins. Doesn't mean much, because I remember some Jets fans felt the same with Rex in Buffalo, but it is interesting.

For flaws, he said sometimes Gase was not aggressive enough and the team changed game from game. Some games they looked like a great team, others complete crap. For example, they beat the Patriots at home the last 2 years, but were blown out by them both years in New England. Overall, I felt good with the conversation. I think Gase has potential to get the Jets on the right track.

9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I like a head coach that is honest with the media and flat out tells them when they know nothing about what they are talking about. We need more head coaches like that. Too many people kiss their ass and give them undeserved credibility when they ask some of the dumbest questions imaginable.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't have a problem with that, but if he antagonizes the media and they persist in trying to push hiss buttons him, that may wear pretty thin on him. It's one thing when you're i a smaller market with a few writers to tell them to piss up a rope, it's another when you're in a market with dozens of media people. I hope he can deal with it, but based upon some of the things I've seen and read, make me wonder.

Noam and Kris 15 like this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Look at the stats man, look at the stats.

Lol

12. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I also have a friend that's a dolphins fan and he was very upset that the fish fired him and even more upset that he came to the Jets. On the aggressiveness issue, I suspect a lot of it was a complete lack of confidence in Tannehill (remember that one of the reasons Gase was fired was because he wanted to cut ties with Tannehill - https://www.thesportster.com/news/a...of-massive-arguments-with-owner-stephan-ross/). It's tough to be aggressive if you don't have confidence in your QB.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are right on the money. This is the shit he will have to deal with. And to dismiss that worthless rag all he needs to do is win. Quite frankly the NY POS should finally drop the P and go by it's real name. They post more BS that facts. I really have no patience for scandalous rags in NY and they take the cake. If we march to the playoffs they will kiss his ass. If we win a SB, he can tell the post " it's reading the NY POS that causes pollution of the brain"

NYJetsO12, CotcheryFan and Sam Hammer like this.
  14. feldspar

feldspar Member

Sure, I approve him.

I like tacos too...

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is a good point. Remember the last Jets-Phins game was brutal as Sam had his worst game of the year, and Osweiler was terrible. So there is no doubt that QB play held back Gase's ability to run the offense how he wanted.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I wanted Mayfield here on the Jets bad

But TBH Darnold and BM are both going to be great imo

Darnold showed some flashes of excellence getting Coached by crapola in 2018

Too early to say one rookie QB will be brilliant and the other miles behind

Darnold will follow the route of Goff and get better..the ceiling is high

God Forbid he's turns out like M Stanford ..

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I was never very hot on Trubisky because I doubted his accuracy. I changed my mind after watching the Philadelphia playoff game. On the game winning drive he made some throws that were brilliant under pressure. He lead his team down the field and put them in great position to advance.

The guy is big, mobile and has a great arm. I now get why he was taken as high as he was.

Sam has a lot of potential. Based on last year Trubisky was miles better. I suspect Sam makes a big leap next year but if you think QB don't progress after year 1 you're dead wrong. Trubisky has a brilliant future in the NFL as does Sam. Right now Trubisky is miles ahead of Sam.

I have watched the Bears play. Last years QB group looks terrific, including Trubisky. He has everything you could want in a pro-QB. The only question about Trubisky coming out was that he was a 1 year starter and took 90 percent of his snaps in the shotgun.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Trubisky is terrible. You can have Goff and Mayfeild for now, but including Trubisky is a joke.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

One of my best friends is a Bears fan so I end up watching them almost every week. Trubisky often misses wide open receivers and is slow in his progressions. On a team with a much better talent base than Sam had in his second season as starter there is no way I would say he was better than Sam this year.
    His stats may look slightly better, but his play given that he is surrounded by much better talent tells a different story.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If you think Trubisky is a better QB than Darnold then you should log off whatever website you’re using for stats and start watching some games.

I watch a ton of Bears games because I have multiple friends that are diehards. You can argue he’s the weakest link in that team. He made plays that last drive against Philly but that’s so far from an indicator of the rest of his season. As its already been mentioned, he’s slow on his progressions, he’s inaccurate, and he misses a ton of plays. The plays he doesn’t make outweigh the plays he does make. Credit to Nagy for squeezing slightly-above-averageness out of him.

#1600 BroadwayAaron, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Harpua likes this.