Conference Championshp weekend

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Jan 13, 2019.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, they sure were in Rivers' face all game last week

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Chiefs will choke. they always do. Sad that we have to watch another superbowl with the Patriots. Root for the Saints over the Rams, otherwise we will have to watch the Patriots win another superbowl

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Chargers got down early, and from there all the Chargers did was attempt to throw the ball down the field. Obvious passing downs, Pats were blitzing ... there was going to be pressure for sure.

stinkyB likes this.
  4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

As great as KC has looked all year, unfortunately deep down we all know how that will play out.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They played each other already KC lost I think that helps KC tremendously.

The game is at Arrowhead another factor that helps KC tremendously.

I'll say it again this is Andy's best shot to get back to a Super Bowl & possibly win one. It's not the best team he's had but Mahommes could be the best QB he's ever had, a 50 TD season, homefield advantage if it doesn't happen for him this season more than likely it never will.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

I don't agree.

As well as they played against the Colts I felt that wasn't the Chiefs A game.

Mahommes was off on a few throws and one of their players kept running backwards, losing yardage on some plays for some reason.

The Chiefs can play better perhaps this week the Pats get the A game.

And on the other hand New England can't play any better than they did last week.

#26 WarriorRB28, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Please football Gods let it end this weekend, please please please for the love of all that is holy let the Patriots die. Chiefs win by 4 and head to ATL.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

fixed.... if you're gonna pray, may as well go BIG

FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You see I was going to go big, but I wanted to keep my expectations realistic. In reality, NE is probably going to win because the God hates the Jets

stinkyB likes this.
  10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

After watching how good the Patriots looked last weekend, this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I hope the Chiefs pull it off, but I'm having doubts.

11. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I can hardly express how badly I want the Patriots to lose. In the championship game for the eighth year in a row - it's just BORING. I hate watching them play, just waiting for that moment when the other team blinks and lets them back in, or Brady gets the ball back with a minute left and starts finding receivers in ten yards of space. It's like watching the same movie over and over again when you didn't like it the first time. Nobody but a Patriots fan could want them to win. Surely everybody else wants them to go home.

12. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

This exactly. It is so boring.

13. WarriorRB28

It feels like every time I go to a Super Bowl party they're playing in the game.:(

Everything (Miami Miracle) happens for a reason. Chiefs have had a great year, great home field edge, I don't think they've played in a Super Bowl since almost the last time the Jets played in one!!!

I hope the Chiefs win. I'll be sick to my stomach if I have to watch the Pats play in another Super Bowl.

14. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

It will have to be an epic choke job. Everything has lined up for the Chiefs, they almost gave away the home field but the Dolphins pulled off a miracle gift and of course Brady #1 receiver decides to pick up and melt down again.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Chiefs Defense needs to step up. The Colts Offense was on a roll and they shut them down. Need to do similar with Brady. Mahomes and the Offense will find a way to score. Comes down to the Chiefs D making a play or two like the Eagles did in the Super Bowl.

Mahomes and the Chiefs could be the next dynasty that the Jets have to go up against, but we would all prefer that over the Pats I am sure. Like @ukjetsfan said: It is the same movie over and over. I think we are about to see some new movies though.

Potentially:
    Luck vs. Darnold,
    Mahomes vs. Darnold,
    Mayfield vs. Darnold,
    Jackson vs. Darnold,
    Watson vs. Darnold, etc.

Hey, you never know! :)

NYJetsO12, ukjetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha. I used to have an avatar with the Cheats logo photo-shopped on Baghdad Bob's beret (which a friend did for me because I'm a techno idiot). "Jets fans are committing suicide at the gates of the city (title bar)!" I really wish that I could bring back some the oldies but greaties (I'm strictly a MSPaint moron, which used to be so easy, btw), but avatar parameters are not rectangular any longer and they don't fit, so that's that.. :/ I did get them changed from circular to square, though, so that was a win.

EDIT & P.S.: I find the newer version of Paint . .. 3D something? - very confusing. It sucks. I would still be using Windows XP if was up to me. Why do programmers think that bloating things and making dumbasses like me who can barely wipe their own ass makes life easier? I like simplicity. Because I'm a simpleton.

#36 jetophile, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    NY Jets68 likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm gonna be double fisting Rolaids and washing it down with Night Train tomorrow. Post game Thunderbird, roll me in a gutter.

18. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

To quote Winston Churchill: If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.

Brook! likes this.
  19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Lady Astor and Churchill exchange lol:

If I Were Your Wife I’d Put Poison in Your Tea!”

“If I Were Your Husband I’d Drink It”

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mahomes is at home with thousands of screaming fans. Thank goodness for that cause he has zero experience in this spot tomorrow. I give the kid the first Qtr to get a little rattled then settle down. The Pats will try to take away Kielce and his main weapons. Mahomes is going to have to extend plays since NE will make him beat them throwing to Watson. On Defense the Chiefs recently shutout the Colts so they will be ready ..but you won't stop the Pats entirely . They have 2 GOATs in BB and TB..they will exploit Sony Michel out of the backfield. Reid must know this and has to be right behind Napkin Bill as the Top coach inNFL. There will well designed/trick plays from KC. I expect High Scoring showdown that where Indians scalp Homesteaders from back East. Cheers!

#40 NYJetsO12, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019