Gregg Williams our new DC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Jan 15, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I gotta admit I thought Williams was a hump and a complete scumbag. It was also a total embarrassment for Goodell and the league when it leaked because of the budding "player safety" emphasis, even though we know in many ways the league is full of shit.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Williams is not going to risk his career asking players to do illegal stuff..gotta move on from this

BudJet, Kris 15 and LAJet like this.
  3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

For sure and Williams was primarily the fall guy for the league’s sins. Does that make what he did right? Absolutely not, but he did his suspension and has changed his ways at least when it comes to illegally targeting and hitting players. I don’t know what else the man is supposed to do.

BudJet likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Just did a little bit of research:
    2009 Saints - 25th in yards, 20th in points
    2010 Saints - 4th in yards, 7th in points
    2011 Saints - 24th in yards, 13th in points
    2013 Titans - 14th in yards, 16th in points
    2014 Rams - 17th in both yards and points
    2015 Rams - 23d in yards, 13th in points
    2016 Rams - 9th in yards, 23d in points
    2017 Browns - 14th in yards, 31st in points
    2018 Browns - 30th in yards, 21st in points

Taking averages over the last decade (missed one year due to suspension), we are looking at 18th in yards and 18th in points. Basically slightly below league average, and that includes both shitty Browns and SB winning Saints team, which kind of balances out. The guy is also not exactly a spring chicken - I don't expect drastic improvement. I guess we could do worse, but we are looking at middle of the pack, slightly below average performance here. Not sure why people are so excited.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. jetophile

Basically it was old school mentality where you were often a sacrificial lamb when it came to TRULY unnecessary roughness. Anyone remember good ole Conrad Dobler? That guy was so filthy dirty he made mud look clean. And people thought screwball Albert Haynesworth was bad. I think Jack Tatum is a giant pile of shit to this day for what he did to Darryl Stingley. That, and the fact that he was completely unapologetic about it. And it was a fckn PRE-SEASON GAME.

I think players should be able to play ball within reasonableness, sure; but when you purposely try to maim someone, that is just Dogshitville IMO. Every player is in the same boat, and every time they step on the field, it could be their last. Why someone would get so mentally roided to potentially take away someone else's livelihood on top of their mobility makes that a person that I wouldn't want to breathe the same air with. And they're in the same damn profession and it could be them!

I'm trying not to moralize here, but there are lines and then there are lines. Back in the day, you know what the game plan was for Namath? Only one. Go for his knees on purpose. Try to put him in a wheelchair. And they would try to do just that. There's a particular play that's branded into my brain box, although I can't remember what year it was. The Jets were playing the Giants, Namath could barely walk, and he was so beat up that you or I would have been sent to the hospital in an ambulance.

As Namath was limping into the EZ with the ball, he put out his opposite hand because someone was going to completely unnecessarily drill him. For no reason. The hand out body language was, "Really? I mean, really? Please don't touch me." There are lines and then there are lines, much as I said.

#245 jetophile, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    TonyFtLaud and LAJet like this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Yeah, people seem to think Gregg Williams will personally be getting 7 sacks a game and that D. Loggains, if hired, will personally be fumbling away every other handoff.

In fact there is extreme parity among NFL coaches and coordinators. They are all very smart guys working 18 hours a day to get a tiny edge on Sundays.

And on Sundays, the results of their collective efforts are hugely dependent upon their players skills' and execution.

No sense getting our panties in a wad about rankings and numbers. For Loggains especially, the sample size of his stats is miniscule.

Any assistants we hire will be eminently qualified, and all we can do is hope we catch lightning in a bottle in terms of chemistry.

chandler and MoWilkBeast like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nicely said

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It's good that these JETS found someone lead pilot experience

[​IMG]

9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

He'll be an upgrade over Kacy, which is really all that matters.

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

What's he really going to say?
    Remember his father in law was also involved.

11. jetophile

I get your point, and I don't necessarily disagree, I'm just pointing out a truism.
    lol

12. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

Gase runs the offense and calls the plays, it really doesn't concern me who he brings in as OC.

13. jetophile

Kinda like Michael Vick getting a dog, I guess. Renember the internet firestorm where Ron Mexico posted a pic of himself online with his daughter eating cereal and there was a box of Milk Bones on the table? He outed himself, kind of oh, shitted, edited out the box of Milk Bones in the photo, and then soon after admitted that he purchased a Belgian Malinois (of course he didn't adopt a mutt shelter dog, but I digress).

He was supposed to be banned for life from owning an animal. I reckon something went on behind closed doors that no-one will ever know about, but part of the terms of his release was to be heavily involved in animal welfare. Supposition says he passed certain markers and the ban was lifted. His daughter really wanted a dog, and I guess unlike pedophiles, he was cleared through counseling to be around something in most circumstances people wouldn't be allowed or shouldn't be. Yay for him.

Michael Vick has gone through some serious therapy (to his credit), but I sat out the entire season that he played for the Jets. He's a poster boy for rehabilitation, which is a very positive thing, but I couldn't bring myself to be in the same building with him. What what's this about again? Right. Gregg Williams.

EDIT & P.S.: I take issue with the Allman Brothers 'Ramblin Man'. It should have been named after me! Because, ya know, I ramble like nobody else! Rambling is my strong suit. You don't want to know about my weak suit. It's cheap, and I wear it when I sell Bibles door-to-door! o_O

#253 jetophile, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. jetophile

Still scratching my head why Jeremy Bates still hasn't been kicked in his ass.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Because he gives us the best chance to win?? Oops... Wrong HC..

jetophile likes this.
  16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I’m kind of shocked we are talking so much about bounty gate.

It’s almost as if the jets fans are happy w the hire so they are reaching back 10 years to discuss something negative that is ancient history.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

You know us Jets fans. We wouldn't have it any other way.

18. jetophile

C stands for sarcasm. Well, I mean, they do sound kind of phonetically similar if use your imagination. You kill me sometimes.

BTW, I became clinically depressed because I missed what's below. HAHAHAHA, it was a TALKHOST level freak out:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/eat-shit-and-fucking-die.91867/#post-3789020

You should re-open it so I can opine . . . or else . . . jackass I'll kill you! <==That wasn't TALKHOST, it was dwayne something, but still funny.

OK, I gotta go. It's time for me to get a feel for the city.

19. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

Just a matter of time.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Willis - About what are you speaking?

I responded to a message claiming Williams had been hired that was posted 24 hours before he was hired. 100 messages disregarded the FACT that he had not been hired when the thread was started. Is that really hard to understand?

boozer32 likes this.