Top 5 Free Agent Targets in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 14, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Fair point. Still, assuming Enunwa did what he was accused of (and based on the suspension and Enunwa not denying it, I have no reason to believe otherwise), what Enunwa did was just as bad if not worse.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Domestic violence and assaulting a woman are equally as bad so Enunwa doesn't get a pass for it, but he's an interesting case to look at. He was our Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee and won our Marty Lyons award for community service as well, so he is clearly someone who has changed or made a stupid mistake.

My post about the delusions of signing Hunt doesn't have to do anything with how I feel towards domestic violence/assault but rather the fact that their is a video out there showing Hunt brutalizing a woman, imagine the amount of backlash this team would get. It's a move this team would NEVER make.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

They could but it would be like 35+ million.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree, but I think the fact that a video makes so much of a difference is garbage.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

You're right, DV and assault are just as bad regardless of being a video or not, but I think having that video out there showing us how bad it is makes us think its worse.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Can we just keep it football with speculation about games missed vs cost, that sort of thing.

We can pontificate all day about what constitutes how bad an action is or isn't. Let's just agree he F'd up and if we think he's worth the football risk.

In my estimation he is worth it. Considering he'll likely get around a 5-7mil/year contract as opposed to Bell's likely 17ish I'll take that with the 4-8 game suspension. McGuire gets some more reps not big deal.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  7. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'd rather not sign Hunt, what he did was deplorable, but moral litmus tests aren't very practical if you want to field a competitive team in today's NFL. This franchise has already had it's uniform defiled by some really bad actors. If you want to field a squeaky clean roster, you might not be able to compete with the service academies.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

If it was a purely football decision you would've had 31 NFL teams put in waiver claims for Hunt when he got cut and in fact, the Chiefs would never have cut him in the first place. You can't just sit there and say "Lets just agree he f'd up and if we think he's worth the football risk"... Hunt is obviously worth the football risk.

dawinner127 likes this.
  9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This holier than thou new America is BS. What Hunt did was completely wrong and any man who physically harms a woman is a POS.

That said, if Hunt is truly remorseful and goes through a program to get help then I think he should get another chance. This is the land of second chances after all. Not trying to grade the level of a crime but what he did is something that I think he can recover from. If it was rape or putting someone in a hospital for a more serious act then I'd say F NO he's a scumbag and he should be banned for life.

Again I know it's the principle involved here of no man should ever raise his hand to a woman but judging on the specific act itself, I think Hunt deserves another chance. Let's NEVER condone his behavior but let's also use common sense and look at things on an individual case basis.

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

What is everyone seeing in this Hunt video that I'm not seeing? Or are some of you basing this on hearsay?

I'm not a woman battering apologist nor do I condone physical harm to anyone, I'm just not seeing anything overt here that tells me he could have book thrown at him. In the video he actually only makes contact with her twice and neither seem to cause any harm what so ever, it just looks so much worse because of the whole let-me-at-her routine with people holding him back, and all the commotion.

I'm with JetsNation06 on the giving someone a second chance.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This isn’t about deserving a second chance, it’s about waiting the process out to see what happens.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'd put in a waiver claim for Hunt when he was originally released. We could have him right now on his rookie contract

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've wanted Le'Veon Bell since day one, Jamal Adams wants Le'Veon Bell and Sam Darnold needs a Le'Veon Bell type offensive juggernaut; lets just hope Mike Maccagnan wants to save his job and Bell better be a Jet come 2019-2020.

Bell is the #1 FA for a reason ("Just a RB" my ass).

#93 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    NYJFOREVER and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

If Lawrence shakes free he is my #1 followed by Bell/Ford

NYJFOREVER and stinkyB like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bell is a great weapon out of the backfield on passing plays too and can line up as WR. Definitely the kind of weapon that Sam needs. I don't like his Me-First attitude a la Revis, but the Jets need playmakers for Sam. I am on board for Bell and I think it is likely. His only other spot could be the Colts, and after this year, I am not sure they need to waste money on him. On the other hand, he could get them over the top.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Plan A should be Bell. Plan B should be Tevin Coleman. Plan B2 should be Coleman + somehow draft an RB. Plan C should be Ingram.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

I just miss Curtis Martin so much. I don't believe Pennington would've had half his success without #28 both rushing and receiving out of our backfield. Guess i just want Darnold to have an awesome dual threat HB as did Pennington.

Bell will bring Darnold's game to another level as did Edge for Manning early on in Manning's career.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

This is the guy you want to pay a ton of guaranteed money to?.........

100 M's is a lot for us to have going into free agency but we can't get a top available edge, CB, RB, and O-line with that. Bell's contract would pay for about 3 of these non-edge positions, I'll take 2 OL and a CB over Bell, or Hunt annnnnd 2 OL over Bell. This dude is an idiot!

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I guess every NFL expert is also an "idiot" due to the fact that 99.9% of NFL minds-alike have Le'Veon Bell as 2019's #1 and prized Free Agent.

P.S: When L.Bell made those remarks, Sam Darnold wasn't even a Jet yet. Hard to blame a man for wanting to win and an excellent ball player that.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dude, he was just fucking with the obsessed fanboy camera man.