Top 5 Free Agent Targets in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 14, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I can't see him getting less than 8. What he did wasn't as bad as Ray Rice, but still pretty fuckin bad. And it's not like this was a one off thing, plenty of reports have come out about other incidents. NY might be the worst possible place for him.

I'd inquire for sure, but I'm not turning down Bell for him.

Mr mittens and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

It would depend on price and suspension for me. If he is suspended after signing, do the Jets eat the salary cap hit while he is suspended? It was my understanding they wouldnt.

Even with all the cap space, I am very reluctant to give Bell 17M. That is a lot of money for a RB. I'd rather sign an offensive lineman and pass rusher instead.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

We really need to pin a post to the top of every new page that says "we can sign Bell and a few OL and a pass rusher all at the same time".

There is no OL that's going to cost more than average starter money. Saffold is probably the best guy available and he's making $6 mil currently. He gets up to MAYBE $10 mil? For shits and giggles:

Bell gets $17 mil
    Lawrence gets $20 mil
    Saffold gets $10 mil
    Paradis gets $5 mil

That's Bell, a stud pass rusher and two legitimate high-end starting OL for around $50 mil. That means we still have $50 mil to spend. And that's if their first year cap hits are actually their APY, which it almost never is.

4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is that Bell is on the bottom of my list of those 4. I'm not a Bell fan and would not sign him if it meant not upgrading the OL or pass rush.

5. BroadwayAaron

But why would it mean that? That's what I don't understand when people pretend like it's Bell or bust.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Can we end the Kareem Hunt delusions? Imagine the shitshow that would occur if we signed a guy who was caught on camera kicking a woman?

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Jamison Crowder will be available won't he? Interesting name aside from the Tyrell Williams' of the FA world. Young & may fit well with his YAC capabilities in Gase' system.

KurtTheJetsFan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

Gase is probably drooling at the thought of throwing a wide receiver screen to him on 3rd and 7.

macbk likes this.
  9. A YAC threat would be a great addition to this offense.Something team hasnt had at WR since Brad Smith(i dont count Percy Harvin)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

All things considered, Enunwa posts some nice YAC too.

Mr mittens likes this.
  11. Very true..but moreso down field..Crowder brings short area elusiveness

12. NYJFOREVER

Insane that we never got him the ball on a slant or post route... Everything with this guy was a screen

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Bates gonna Bates. Morton knew how to maximize Enunwa.

NYJFOREVER and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Enunwa was suspended four games for domestic violence. Are you cool with him playing here? I.e. do you care about domestic violence or just bad optics?

15. BroadwayAaron

The charges against Enunwa were dropped. A little bit different. Both bad, but different.

16. NYJFOREVER

Enunwa's charges got dropped while Hunt was caught on tape kicking a woman in the stomach, two completely different scenarios.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The charges were dropped by the woman. Doesn't mean Enunwa didn't do it, especially considering the league suspended him after the charges were dropped. And unless Hunt's victim changes her mind before the end of the statute of limitations, he won't face charges either.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

If I'm remembering the incident correctly then that wasn't Hunt's girlfriend, he just assaulted someone who happened to be female. This isn't excusing his actions or Enunwa's, just saying it's a different situation because it wouldn't be domestic violence.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hunt's accuser doesn't want to press charges. She has gone silent. Maybe she has been paid off or maybe she had a change of heart but the time in which she can even press charges is quickly running out. In february it will be a year since the incident.

If im the Jets, I sign hunt and roll my eyes at the media's outrage. They'll forget about it once the season starts anyway, or once another athlete does something bad on camera

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I dont thave to call the RB problem solved. I can sign Hunt, start other RBs until hes allowed to play. Once hes allowed to play, RB is SOLVED

edited because the original post looked like i typed it with my dick

K'OB likes this.