Clemson Defensive Line

Discussion in 'Draft' started by b.reyes16, Jan 16, 2019.

?

Which Clemson defensive lineman is the best pro prospect?

1. DE Clelin Ferrell

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. DT Dexter Lawrence

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. DT Christian Wilkins

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

It's not hard to see why Clemson is this year's National Champion (Trevor Lawrence aside). I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the 3 DL Clemson could see going in the first round. Clelin Ferrell and Dexter Lawrence seem to be the 2 guys jockeying for the top pick out of Clemson, but I think Christian Wilkins could end up being the real prize from this defensive line.

See poll...

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Clelin has the highest upside and plays the more valuable position. He is the prototype build for a 43 end and should have a very good NFL career getting after the QB. The other guys are great but he's the closest to a top ten pick from that line. The other two are more likely day two picks, the could slip into the first but I don't see it. They are good not great interior lineman.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

Ferrell easily. Highest floor & highest ceiling. Would not be opposed with him if we slid down few spots at all

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Ferrell becomes a strong possibility if we stay at 3 with Williams now at DC.

5. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I think you might be underrating both. I haven't seen worse than late first round grades for either...and I think Cleveland would be ecstatic to add Wilkins at 17. It is a very strong draft for defensive interior linemen so I see how you might not think highly of these two, but it just so happens that there is a massive need for DI throughout the league. I think Ferrell actually has a pretty good chance of sliding a bit.

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I've seen Lawrence as low as the 50's's on some big boards. He's a 2 down run stuffer with little to no use on passing downs. Those types of players are becoming increasingly less valuable to NFL teams.

Wilkins tends to be mid 20's to low 30's on big boards, and while it only takes one team to fall in love with him, I think he's a day two type guy. He's good enough to start in the NFL, I don't see him as a dominant player.