Dave DeGuglielmo released from colts, should be hired by jets

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TonyFtLaud, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Gase should pounce on him immediatly. He did a tremendous job with the colts O line this season . Would be a great hire
    He did work with Gase in Miami in 17 though so he may not be a viable option. Not sure what transpired between them.

#1 TonyFtLaud, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Is a piece of shit, would rather pass:

Poeman likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No way this shit team can sign this guy after they fucked up with the Gase hire, failing to get Williams and not retaining Boyer.

No good coach wants to come work here.

Sam Hammer, hwismer, jonnyd and 2 others like this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Sounds like a terrible person, we should hire him immediately. Having a staff full of assholes has worked in New England for years.

5. Keep this dirt bag away.He was a media mole,malcontent & went to Bellicheat second he got let go.Hed still be there if his ass didnt get fired

6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Too many alphas, holy cow. He's fiery and a dick, that said sign this beast!

boozer32 likes this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your typing like your drunk ... and I can read it ... shit I may be drunk

boozer32 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. I edited it..Dave D being mentioned unlocked a reserve of Jack Daniels lodged somewhere deep within my soul

nycarl, HomeoftheJets and Harpua like this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

Have you paid attention to our recent hires? He's a perfect fit with our new staff.

Cman68 and b.reyes16 like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

Williams served his suspension and even though what he did was pretty awful, he was punished and came back and has been nothing but a very good coach since.

Being mad that someone left the team because their brother died, then being upset that they aren't in it mentally 100% shortly thereafter makes you a dogshit human.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

DeGuglielmo sounds awful if that's story is true.

12. TonyFtLaud

So does paying players to injure another, adding bonuses if you end their careers takes it to a whole new low.
    You pick and choose what scumbags are acceptable now?
    I don't know the details about what transpired between him and Good. We're hearing one side. If true, he should have had more compassion, but it's still not as low as trying to get players permanently injured.

dawinner127 likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

I'm not picking and choosing. Like I said, Williams served his suspension and since then he's shown no signs of being the piece of shit that he was 8 years ago. I felt the same way about Vick. He was a piece of shit. He did his time, paid his debts to society and showed no signs of being that piece of shit he was.

14. He was on Rex’s staff in 2012..a year in which the OL really started deterioriating.He famously called out Tannenbaum for pushing to give Ducasse snaps to avoid some PT quota bonus in Vlad’s contract.He crucified Ducasse seeemingly to further hype up teacher’s pet Matt Slauson.Slauson was the better player but the whole thing was unprofessional & in bad taste.

The OL was not well coached that season & as soon as he & Pettine were out of the building the negative leaks stopped.He immediately went to the Patriots after that.Course he was fired midway through the following season.

This wont be popular but the Jets should keep Dennison.Hes widely considered elite level in league circles & he knows the zone scheme Gase will deploy.He just needs more horses

wewantsapp and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

This is from an interview with Good from Dec 13.
    “I feel like the change of scenery’s definitely helped me re-focus on football,” Good said. “I haven’t been this excited going to practice in a while."
    His memories of Indianapolis include playing, the frustration of injuries and memories of his brother, Over to Good who was killed earlier this year. Overton Good and many of Denzelle's relatives had just returned to their South Carolina home from a Colts game when he was shot outside a house.
    “In Indy, I just associated Indy with what happened with my brother and everything,” Good said. “I just kind of wanted a new start, partly because of that. That had a big part to play in it. But I feel really good here. It feels good to be with a staff that knows what you can do.”

It seems more like he needed a change of scenery to get his head right. Wasn't able to do so in Indy as it was a constant reminder of his brothers murder.

16. TonyFtLaud

So the O line coach wanting to play the better player is now a bad thing?
    Dennison should be fired based on his insistence to play an injured long at center who couldn't even snap the ball.

17. Keep it in house. What good does going to the media trashing the FO & young player do?Thats not being a team player.

Who said Playing Long was his call? Shouldve been Bowles or Bates.

#17 KurtTheJetsFan, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2019
  18. TonyFtLaud

We know Bowles was hands off with the offense and if it we're Bates call, Dennison should have gone to Bowles. He's responsible for the o line. He knew Long was injured.
    As far as Ducasse, I really don't remember the details. I remember him saying that the decision to play him more was coming from above him, but the Bonus doesn't ring a bell. I thought it was more Rex wanting Ducasse to get playing time in hopes of him developing into a starter.
    I believe it was in response to a question asked of him. Not that he sought out the media to complain.
    Bottom line is we need to protect Darnold. Dennison didn't accomplish that. Luck was virtually untouched this year. That's the king of O line coaching we need and given the reputations of the current staff being assembled, he'd blend right in.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"Rogue's Gallery"

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Hire him and things are shaping up nicely.

FJF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.