Dolphins 2018 vs. Jets 2018 roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Jan 14, 2019.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Just looking at the rosters and I don't think the Dolphins roster was much better than ours and they got 3 more wins that we did. They did beat us twice not sure how to look into that but anyway looking at the groups I think we are comparable and you can say the Dolphins overachieved. The last two weeks something went on that I don't know about but if the team played maybe they would've gotten to 8 or 9 wins.

QB: Darnold vs Tannehill: Tannehill better in 2018 but the last few games Darnold was better and you expect him to be better next year so Gase will have a better qb next year.

RB: Probably a push. Neither group excites or has a difference maker. Maybe Drake puts the Phins over but he was underutilized last year.

OL: The Fins get a slight edge on this. I don't think our line is great and will probably have two or three new starters but if the Fins had the edge it wasn't by much.

TE: I think Herndon was better than anyone they had so edge us.

WR: I think the Fins were more productive but if asked Robby Anderson and Quincy Enuwa healthy vs. Stills and Parker I think we ge the edge.

DL: The Fins were better.

LB: The Fins had more consistent plays but I think Williamson is the best of the two groups. Alonso a steady vet though.

Secondary: I think Fitzpatrick and Howard are better than out group but if May can stay healthy and Johnson plays better with Adams we could be better.

Things change injuries etc but I think talent wise we are similar to the Dolphins and we haven't drafted or had free agency yet. I could be wrong but an 8 win team next year with what we think will be a better coach and improved qb is realistic. I could be wrong. Just trying to find positives in Gase.

NYJetsO12, BrowningNagle and Brook! like this.
  2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I think the Jets may have the worst LB corps in the league. Williamson is serviceable, and he stands out among the Jets LBs. Lee and Jenkins have been disappointing.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What's weird is that they've all shown flashes but consistency is crazy,
    they go from a 10 to a 0 week to week but can never put together a string of solid games as a group.

4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Roster?

You talkin bout roster?

[​IMG]

5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I actually think Bowles had the opportunity to win a few more, but he is such a bad coach........

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Agreed, and that is the main reason I'm getting far more comfortable with Gase now. He's 20-6 in close games with Tannehill and backups, and a roster that wasn't stacked everywhere by any means. That says something. If he can bring some of that to the Jets and help Darnold develop as well I'll take it for the moment at least.

jdon likes this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It's as if they may like a blunt once in a while :p

Royal Tee likes this.
  8. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

This points directly to coaching. Individuals flash which means there is some level of individual talent, but the lack of consistency and cohesiveness is a reflection of a poor coaching philosophy.

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. Royal Tee

I would love to point to that but honestly you never know. Some players just sometimes fail to grasp the philosophy.
    oan,. I just can't for the life of me wonder why we let D Davis go.....twice!

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The dolphins roster was better. But only slightly better. Which is actually encouraging as hell because the Fish are a veteran team right up against the salary cap. the Jets are a young team with over $100 mil to spend.

11. K'OB

Shit the first time and wanted top dollars the second time :(

12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

He was fine first time, apart from being totally miscast alongside Harris, and has probably proved worth the deal he got so far to be fair.

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The Dolphins fell apart the last three games this year (although they would have missed the playoffs at 10-6 anyway since Indy had the tie breaker). I'm not going to give Gase any credit for losing the last three games, but they lost to three beatable teams (especially the last two): Vikings, Jaguars, Bills. Tannehill crapped the bed all three games. They could have finished 10-6 and I doubt he would be the Jets coach today if they did.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Lee was a top cover lb in the league. The d got markedly worse when he was suspended. Jenkins had 7 sacks , was a 3rd pick. What did you expect from him that disappointed you?

K'OB and MoWilkBeast like this.
  15. K'OB

Probably but you should go back and read the thread when he rejoined us :rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::eek: there wasn't a lot of joy at the news, of course he proved those doubters wrong by having a cracking season, not sure how much he wanted to stay but maybe they should have given him it, not a one for checking other teams stats on ex-players once they have moved on but did he have a good season for the Saints?

16. K'OB

Not sure what they can't see, puzzling.

17. Royal Tee

and here we are with all this money. There was no reason to let him go

K'OB likes this.