Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Some people just get nervous or react weird in front of the camera. It happens quite often. But I like his approach. Seems matter of fact and seems to have a plan (hopefully).

2. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Honestly feel bad for his kids... you know they are probably gonna be starting a new school soon and they will have to deal with this shit. Kids can be cruel.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Autism?

Tourette’s Syndrome?

Coke?

What the fuck has happened to this place?

Did you dudes listen to the Kay interview?

Or are y’all just going with memes as your final judgment.

4. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

HomeoftheJets and grkmanga31 like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You know damn well what the answer to that is.

6. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

and he needed to play the Pats twice a year

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, if they just hired the football version of Rainman, at least he'll be able to count how many timeouts they have left!

8. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Did anyone ask Miami fans if they know of some affliction he has that makes him do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Good call. . He came across as somewhat 'normal' in the Kay interview. . Funny but didn't the same majority here want Jim "The Excitable Boy" Harbaugh?

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He might be one of those idiot savants. Unbelievably good at one thing, not good at many others and a little off personality-wise.

stinkyB likes this.
  11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This forum really has gone way off course this last month. Name calling, fighting, blatantly hating on everything, and now diagnosing.

This is ridiculous. You can love, hate, like, dislike, or be indifferent about the hire of Adam Gase, but what in the fuck is all this bullshit? Mental problems? Graves Disease? Tourettes?

This fan base has fell off the fuckin rails. I understand the frustration and the want to hire someone to lead this franchise in the right direction, but this shit is absurd. Let the guy get to work and then make a determination on your opinion of the hire. Coming to an immediate conclusion before he coaches one practice, is ridiculous. And judging a football coach based off one press conference is asinine

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

With some of the reactions in here you would think Gase was some nutjob the Jets hired off the street, not someone that started out under Nick Sabin and then has been part of numerous NFL staffs over the last 16 years, being able to advance himself through the ranks to offensive coordinator (multiple teams) and then head coach.

#1432 johnny, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  13. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Given the track record of Maccagnan and the Johnson Bros., the one thing he's good at is probably not football.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I did hear it and that’s why I also stated I was not going to make fun of him anymore.

We can’t deny his mannerism or tick, I have no problems with that.

His Kay interview was very good, but by the same token there is only one thing that counts, he needs to produce this year.

Jets can’t have another losing season when the pieces have been in place for a couple of seasons now and Bowles was indirectly blamed for the lack of success of the team.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Finally got to listen to the Kay Show interview. He definitely comes off WAY better. You can tell he's going to have an issue with the media though. He was joking around when they asked him about having an ego, having a problem with the media, etc. Those won't be jokes after a 24-13 loss to the Redskins.

I mentioned it in the Gregg Williams thread, but it's alarming to me that he's waiting for the Dolphins guys to get released from their contracts so he can talk to them. Is that why Williams isn't signed? Because he's waiting for some turd that coached that stout Miami D? I sure hope not. It also all but ensures we'll have ESPN's Worst Playcaller of 2017, Dowell Loggains on board as well.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, worst case I'll be looking forward to him shouting down Mannish telling him he doesnt know what he's talking about.

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm listening to the Christopher Johnson TMKS interview now, Gase afterwards.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Of course, that's all that matters but we're not going to see any football related stuff till April.

I get some dudes hated the pick but hopefully after they've all had their fun for a few weeks we can get back to discussing how this team progresses.

If they're still making googly eye memes in May?

Red Menace likes this.
  19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree, I wonder if the Moderators can put the ESPN link in its own thread as it might get lost amongst all the memes in the Gase thread.

It was a good interview!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Rollo Tomassi

Did you listen to the TMKS interview?

Gase calls his own plays, it's the part of the job he loves and is excited about the most. Loggains would not be calling the plays.

Loggains, if he hired him, would be used strictly as a sounding board to get another view on what everyone is seeing.

bicketybam likes this.