Official FA Signing Thread...& FA Wishlist

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Dec 31, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He's been linked to the Jets for months. The Jets will have a need at the position and the cap space to get a deal done.

Ancient Frank Gore had somewhat of a revival year playing for Gase why wouldn't Gase want a elite talent like Bell a back that can do it all?

What happened with Bell & Pittsburgh this past season was business.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If it was just business, why did the Pittsburgh players take offense and mock Bell by breaking open his locker and taking his stuff? If it was just business and didn't have a ripple effect on the locker room, why did some Pitt players say after their season ended, that the Bell saga drained the locker room morale?

It's unclear if it's fake news or not, but Gase reportedly has a no bullshit, full accountability attitude with players. Bell does not come of as a guy who will be able to overcome direct accountability or criticism -- which, in my mind, would preclude him from consideration.

Again, I'm operating under the same information as you which is limited to outsiders of the locker room.

Now all of this being said, this is not my commentary on adding Bell, just my belief within the perimeters the team may be operating with Gase at the helm.

3. WarriorRB28

If it only happened to Bell I would be alarmed and Bell has other red flags I'm not sticking my head in the ground.

Pittsburgh trashed James Harrison on his way out and now they're doing the same thing to Antonio Brown. Three highly productive veteran players trashed on their way out the door, no gratitude at all. There's a problem with the culture in that organization right now.

Bell did nothing wrong. Pittsburgh made a offer, Bell believes he's worth more rather than risk injury he held out all year. All part of the CBA.

And why were other players getting involved in another player's contract negotiations? It was business they took it personal that's their problem not Bell's.

Noam and Mr mittens like this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

What are your thoughts on R. Kelly?

5. WarriorRB28

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't watch much tv aside from my Jets, when possible more NFL football and a few select sporting events.

6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I've never heard of him.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If only all citizens of the US were regarded the way NFL players are.

Everyone would be forgiven for their transgressions (mostly legal), innocent until proven guilty would actually exist in the public eye, time served means the person is rehabilitated and is fit to integrate back into society....

Rainbows and butterflies baby.

8. WarriorRB28

I'm reading up on him now.

Old news. I heard rumors about him years back.

If the authorities have evidence put him away. If not I don't get carried away by hearsay.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I bet you someone is going to ask about Bell in free agency during this presser. I have it queued up right now.

10. WarriorRB28

He's still under contract I believe.

Expect a no comment answer.

11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Claiborne IS nothing else. Passive CB. Get rid of his money nd sign someone with a set.

12. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

Dee ford or Barr center from Denver bell and take best tackle with third pick or fowler

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Id bet Lawrence is not re-signed but Ford is

14. Fwiw most Cowboys fans have anticipated Lawrence leaving since mid season.

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'd like to get Lawrence, Ford or Clowney.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Then we should be all over him. All of those guys will be in the $20M/year range and Lawrence is the best of the bunch. I guess Donald wins DPOY this year but Lawrence would be right behind him in my book.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

yea thats what Ive heard as well.........sign that beast. Though I heard he tailed off a bit at the end of this season?

looked at stats. He only had 2 sacks over his last 7 games including the two playoff games,,,,,doesnt mean much

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Are the Cowboys in cap trouble? Makes no sense to not at least tag Lawrence.

19. Not trouble but definitely cap strapped. Conventional wisdom says you find a way to keep a player of his caliber but usually when Boys fans think somebody is leaving they are spot on.

20. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

Plaxico says hello...

chandler likes this.