Adam Gase is the new HC of the NYJ's... Get over it!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He has to earn it.... Show me the wins and I'll show you the support. Not the other way around.

#41 Cman68, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  2. Cman68

You misunderstand me. I don't like the hire, but there's nothing I can do about the hire so I don't worry nor care about the hire. I'm just tired of the whining about it. I'm back where I was except I have a 2020 mandate now. I've always been in "Show Me" mode. I'm not gonna badmouth the hire. I'm not waving pompoms either. For me, it comes down to wins and losses. Not competitiveness, not potential. Wins and losses. Gase gets no honeymoon from me. If the latest Genius HC fcks up and they extend him like they did Bowles, that would be my last stop on the crazytrain. 2020 won't matter if that happens.

#42 Cman68, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Cman68

Champ, you sound like this is news... We both know it isn't. The Johnsons pay lipservice to the fans, but at the end of the day, they pay homage to their bottom line. That's why they're bending over backwards getting out positive spin on Gase. The prospect of a half empty Metlife stadium isn't what they want to see. Constant negativity on the local media airwaves will hurt PSL's and swag sales. Gase has one mandate. He has to win now. I highly doubt they'll extend him if he doesn't. Hell, we don't even know the terms of the deal yet. I do think the Gase hire buys Macc more time though as they both will sink or swim together..

papapump likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You beat me! And FJF! Damn it! Arrrrgggggh!!! He should change his name to BuddyCman46! :mad:

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Or @jethro, that guy was starting threads like he was on a pay per thread salary.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  6. jetophile

Haha.

7. Cman68

If they do something that stupid, then the fans that still support that kinda ineptness deserve what they'll get. There's always a choice and its up to you to stay on the crazytrain or get off at the next stop.

8. jetophile

CmanTull. Poor Cman is gonna rue the day he started this. Pretty soon he's gonna go prime the snow blower to distract himself and dodge the shame. I kid, I kid.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Cman68

Whatever happened to Jethro? Did we send him on his way to neverland?

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Guys like Joe & Evan are clearly over the top. That's what you get when you wait 50 years for the Super Bowl. If you recall the Rangers '94 Stanley Cup run, most long-time fans didn't believe the Rangers would win until the clock read 0:00. And if you think the reaction to Gase was bad, wait until the Jets ever get close to a championship. Remember 2009 & 2010? That being said, you are absolutely correct that there is an over-the top reaction to the Gase hire. What I'm saying is that right now, that reaction is understandable.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Don’t know, I stay out of admin decisions.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Crazy train works for me. Its been the M.O for the last 4 decades. So as a fan I have a right to be there until the Jets right this ship. The stupid part they did already with Bowles. He did nothing for 3 years straight but lose 11 games every year and, they rewarded him with a 2 year contract.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Cman68

Don't I know it... That's why I'm getting off the crazy train unless I see vast improvement in this team. 4+ decades is enough for me. I would be perfectly fine with watching this team from a safe distance.

boozer32 likes this.
  14. Cman68

Not at all. I'm not retracting anything. I'm not angry anymore about the Gase hire. I don't really have the time to care about things I have no control over anyway. Again, Gase wins? Great and Macc gets kudos. Gase loses? send him on his way and he can take Macc with him. This isn't my team. This is Chris Johnson's team and he can wipe his ass with it should he so choose. The Jets will turn a profit no matter what is done or who is hired.

#54 Cman68, Jan 13, 2019
    Red Menace likes this.
  15. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Just build a team that can win the division.

That means building a team and recruiting the talent necessary to beat New England Patriots.

Coach Gase just win the division, beat the Pats.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What’s helping me accept the Gase hiring is realizing Sam will still only be 23 by the time Gase is fired. Still so young.

bmfc1 likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

My anger isn't directed at Gase - yet - but at Johnson and Macc who proved once again that they couldn't slap their own ass with either hand. Of course there were no "slam dunk" candidates, here never are, but McCarthy was as close to that as you could get, and apparently Chris and Macc thought so too 0 until he told them he wasn't going to abide by their "expert" opinion on who his staff should be. As for Gase, they overlooked all his red flags, and went ahead and hired him because apparently he was the only candidate that agreed to have his staff hand picked for him by the "experts".

And I am not rooting for his failure, I simply expect it. I'll be thrilled to be proven wrong, but nothing I've seen written or heard gives any real substance to the predictions by some here who think he's a great hire. I hope he lives up to your expectations, but he better do it right out of the gate because most Jets fans are tired of waiting, and if he doesn't have the ability to deliver that, the he isn't the right guy.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Gase just brought two Miami guys with him as assistants. His guys, not the ones handpicked by Jets "football minds". Don't read too much into the reports of Jets not choosing Mike because he wanted his staff. The explanation that makes most sense is the simplest one: Jets just liked Gase more. I like McCarthy too, but I can see why he was passed up by many franchises. He developed a reputation of out of touch stale coach - according to most GB fans. Even the QB he developed - Rogers - wanted him gone and would not make a call to vouch for him like Payton did for Gase. And two have two losing seasons in a row with Rogers as your QB is a very big red flag. So, I would argue that while Mike was a good candidate and probably would benefit from new start, he had a lot of red flags too.

Gase has red flags as well and a lot of things going for him too. Mainly his youth, really great accomplishments with the QBs he worked with (really best seasons for every QB he worked with in their careers), and SB appearance as a coordinator. And yeah, a call from Payton didn't hurt either when QB is your main priority.

19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Very weird that the so called experts just hand picked 2 assistant coaches from the Miami Dolphins and just forced them on Gase.

What an incredible coincidence.

Gase must be pissed.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No, what I want is a team that actually wins a SB in my lifetime. That's what I want.

By no means is it clear cut and straight forward like the way you're making it out to be.

I've seen so much BS from this team over the years, I've endured so much stress as a fan over the years, it's actually insane.

You suggesting that I have to take it for the sake of taking it, or, quit, is extremely silly. I have noticed you throwing this argument around all willy nilly lately.. like it the be all, end all.

Sorry man, its not..

If I'm disappointed, dissatisfied, pissed off, unhappy, etc... with this team. The last thing that will ever cause change is to keep that good soldier mentality and just continue to take whatever these morons at the top think is "best" for us as fans..

I refuse to play that game anymore. There has to be more, there has to be change.

I always hope it works out for the Jets. I hope I'm wrong about Gase..

Fact is though, the writings on the wall with this hire. Nobody can convince me that this hire inspires superbowl for them.. this guy hasn't done shit to inspire that hope. Anyone that says otherwise, I simply don't believe them.

So, I will complain, I will stress my displeasure, I will do whatever I can to make sure I'm doing my part in voicing my absolute disgust with the decisions that ownership of this team constantly make in spite of us fans.

Fuck them.

#60 IIMeanDeanII, Jan 13, 2019