Jets Fans...Take a Deep Breath

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 12, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t know why half of this post was even written considering I said in this thread that he’s good with QBs...

Either way, I wouldn’t exactly call him a good playcaller either. He was pretty bad in Miami and what doesn’t help is having that dope Loggains in his ear, who was named 2017’s worst playcaller by ESPN. A lot of Bates tendencies in his playcalling. Just ask Dolphins fans what it’s like when you’re facing 3rd and 4 under Adam Gase...

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, not a lot of joy for those fans but it is what it is now and we will have to see what is what over the next 2-3 seasons.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Great post. Unfortunately the skepticism around here runs deep. Much probably driven by years of lack of trust in the leadership. Some lately are digging deeper than ever to trash the Gase pick and the "Rumors" of a supporting cast even prior to a selection.
    Seems to me our choices are either continue to root for this team and give this regime a chance, or give up and move on.
    We all want for this team to be a winner, period. The prior regime was simply disgraceful, arguably the worst ever. Yet they picked their own incompetent coaches, while remaining completely clueless in the development of Sam. So changes were definitely needed . The fact the Mac is still here is not Gase's fault, but I think Gase is extreme3ly smart and they can work much closer together towards a common goal than with the prior dinosaur. We can continue to sit and argue about better choices but its all speculation at this point particularly since most of the board did not want a newbie in the first place.
    So we are where we are. Not rooting for Gase and his team to be successful moving forward and instead hope for failure will do absolutely nothing but make us even more miserable for the next 3 years. Not for me.
    I rather continue to root for this team to turn this shit show around, and give them every benefit of the doubt. Changing teams is not an option.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The only question in all you wrote is does that Adam have the abilities to win us a SB? So far IMHO his past reflects he does not. Personally I think the reason Adam was higher is the J & J boys cheaped out again & hired on the cheap which is JMHO :mad:

5. championjets69

Nah the worst was Kotite followed by Walton & if you go way back Winner :mad: Even Al Groh while he deserted us did more good in the 1 year he was HC then Kotite, Walton & Winner. :mad:

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Hey, considering what happened 50 years ago today, it's only 49 years of disappointment!

And as to this, more than one thing can be true. Jets fans have every right to be skeptical. And some posters on this board often have a tendency to overreact to things. (As I've said many times before, saying "this fanbase feels ..." is by definition incorrect, since (1) this fanbase consists of many many people who each react in their own way, and (2) it's hard to imagine a less representative sample of Jets fans than those who constantly post on a message board, and further post dozens and dozens of times over the course of a day or two making the exact same point.)

#26 statjeff22, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  7. championjets69

Since I have the
    Sorry I have the Sunday tix option so I get to C lots of MD FB & Gase has in no way made me want to say hired the dude sorry to say:mad:

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The Gase thread is an absolute embarrassment of stupidity by countless Jet "fans: who have zero idea if Gase is or isnt a good coach....And now therers more and more people admitting theyre warming up to the idea of Gase. I might end up being completely wrong but I'd like to establish myself as one of the few who like the hiring. Either way, that thread is a fucking embarrassment. Hast hat NC assclown posted since he said hes done? THAT would be the only good thing. But Im sure hes already back...hahahha dumb ass

Attackett, Mr mittens, FJF and 2 others like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Take a deep breath, you mean like when you're Susan Hayward in 'I Want to Live!'?

#29 jetophile, Jan 12, 2019
  10. championjets69

How many MDs game have you actually seen during Gases tenure with the MDs to come to your conclusion? :mad:

11. jonnyd

how many has your ancient ass watched to be so negative about him?

12. championjets69

This past season 12 of there games. How many have U seen? :mad:

13. jonnyd

its their and Gase has been there for 3 years SO WHO CARES ABOUT 12 YEARS?

14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Think you read that wrong, believe he meant he watched 12 of their games last year.
    Just an observation..

NY Jets68 likes this.
  15. championjets69

I think U totally misunderstood I said I saw 12 MD games last yeat. You know 2 games after 10 to make sure U understand capisce? Again how MDs games did U see last season? :mad:

16. jonnyd

OOOPS, Hes still a fucking retard

Mr mittens likes this.
  17. jonnyd

4....you win....you are now officially an Adam Gase expert

Mr mittens and NYJFOREVER like this.
  18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think I've progressed through the 5 stages of coping with this news.

Stage 1: Denial
    "We didn't really sign Gase."

Stage 2: Anger
    "We F'n signed Gase!".

Stage 3: Bargaining
    "I'll take Gase if he comes with Williams at DC, Kubiak as OC, Peyton as QB coach and Director of Football".

Stage 4: Depression
    "I mean who signs Gase? Really."

Stage 5: Acceptance
    "Maybe Gase will be ok?".
    Trying to find optimism, whether it being successfully developing Darnold, or bringing a new energy. I do feel he knows his football, and I almost like that most of us dislike this hire. Just lingering worries about how he handles players, media, etc. Being hired so soon doesn't exactly give one time for self reflection. Hopefully they come out swinging and create some positive momentum with early results, otherwise this could get ugly.
    I wouldn't be shocked if this looks like a good move at some point early next year. Also wouldn't be shocked if it's a train wreck by November.
    Guess I'll give it a chance. Now let's at least get Gregg Williams in here!

#38 BacktoQueens, Jan 12, 2019
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I posted it at the time but if Adam Gase does nothing else his entire life I will maintain it was an excellent hire as long as NC stays the fuck away from this board.

20. championjets69

I will squirrel this thread away until AG is fired & then I will bump it back uo so U look so silly what U posted before his firings :mad: