Ideal Scenario for Offensive Makeover

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm speaking in general terms to those who claim Loggains is an empty sweatsuit; especially those who think that's okay. You're correct that we can't quantify Loggains' contribution today but if he is simply a toadie, he's not wanted. More important is that Gase needs to look in the mirror and determine if there's a better way than doing it all himself.

I've never been a fan of a head coach calling plays on either side of the ball and believe it detracts from his running the entire game.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I think folks are enamored of the Sean McVay model and want the brilliant offensive mind who is also the HC to be the guy making the innovative offensive play calls.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Real bosses want the most qualified people on staff.

We should be so lucky to have such talented asst coaches that they are leaving every year for HC positions elsewhere.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt but this guy Logaines doesn't seem like he is that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

barfolomew likes this.
  4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem? He isn't in any shape. Apparently he's a joke around the league.

barfolomew and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  5. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

O-line, O-line and more O-line. Give Sam a chance to go through his reads. Sure the kid is great out of the pocket but he should have time before he is running for his life.
    I just hope MM uses all the cap space he has wisely and gets this team moving in the direction we have all been waiting for since (fill-in the blank).

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Trade down to a QB needy team and recoup a 2nd round pick for the 2019 draft.

Take Greg Little with the 1st round pick.
    Take a WR with the 2nd round pick(Harry, Johnson, Harmon, Marquise Brown, Metcalf).
    Take a RB with the first 3rd round pick(Snell, Montgomery, Hill, Harris, Love).
    Take a C with the second 3rd round pick(Jenkins, Jordan, Bradberry).

In FA:
    Sign Humphries or Williams to add WR depth.
    Sign OL depth.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It might work. It just might.

For now, I can identify about 5 teams that need a QB within top 15. They are:

#6: Giants
    #7: Jags
    #10: Broncos
    #11: Bengals
    #13: Dolphins

It cost 2x #2s to trade up from #6 to #3 in case of the Jets. Other than Giants and Jags, the cost will be almost prohibitive, especially for Cincy and Miami. [Quite likely #1 and #2 this year AND next year.]

8. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

It cost 3 #2's

9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I for one would be pretty enthusiastic if something like this happened.

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I've heard some folks say they are afraid a good OC will get hired away if they show too much promise--the want the HC to have the keys so they can feel secure that a good offense is here to stay.

It's the Jets, so I already know nothing good that happens will last.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Trading Leonard Williams to recoup a 2 and trading back into the first round to pick up a 2,3 and future 1 or 2 next year would be the dream scenario. I would say try and trade Lee as well but I get a feeling he may do well with Williams (if in fact he becomes the DC)

A trade down and trade of Leo could leave the Jets with a first rounder, 2 seconds, 3 3rds and an extra 1 or 2 next year. Could really restock this underwhelming roster with some very young and cheap talent. Then again, I don't know what the hell Mac would do with those picks.