Darnold Speaks Out on Gase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Jan 10, 2019.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Love how the Jets FO sent Sam out there to take their bullets.

jetophile, Jets81, Kris 15 and 5 others like this.
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Classy of them, wasn't it?

If they're going to make this dumb of a move, then they should stand up and face the storm like men, rather than sending Darnold out to do it for them.

NYJetsO12, Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Darnold sounds like he's known Gase for 20 years. How can he be so excited and pumped about the team hiring a guy he doesn't even know? All a bunch of BS talking points to convince the masses to go out there and buy tickets and merchandise (the real reason for new uniforms).

NYJetsO12 and barfolomew like this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Yes I’m sure Darnold gives 2 shits about selling tickets. And merchandise.

That was his motivation.

Chris Johnson probably instructed him to shill for Gase.

Simply to sell tickets. And merchandise.

Geezuz fuck. I get some of you guys have a schtick but really?

Big Cat, Harpua and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. Vader

Vader Member

Darnold sounds like a child here, tbf

Cman68 likes this.
  6. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

One stat that is music to my ears is Gase is 3 & 3 vs. Patriots.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

"He's a good dude. The excitement and the passion that he has for the game is very contagious. I think that will rub off on a lot of the guys…. I’m super pumped about this whole thing and couldn’t be more stoked for the opportunity.”

OK, Shoe Booty, let's try to figure out where you're from shall we? Let's see now . . .We got dude, super pumped, and stoked. Hmmm.

I got it! The Bronx!

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well he is a child to a lot of us. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have more football knowledge than every one of us combined.

I think Darnold is truly excited about Gase, I also think Darnold knows more about football than any schlub on a message board.

Doesn’t mean it will work out but it’s certainly enough for me to get behind.

Vader likes this.
  9. Vader

Vader Member

i’m not sure he has more football knowledge than me :) don’t forget he’s actually a basketball player turned QB only recently
    he certainly should vouch for what he thinks will work for him to be sure and only he knows that.
    i’m down with what u said

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, lol, but he's actually 2-4 against New England, not 3-3. And that includes this year's miracle win with all the laterals. pretty lucky there.

I'm just sayin. I'm not hating on the Gase choice

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

LMAO

Sam D is a 21 year old talent sitting on a 30 mil Contract..of course hes excited about Gase.... smh

Privately, I am sure the kid has read everything good bad and in between about him but we are never going to know what he really feels

Right now I am down to being half disgusted instead of fully by this hire especially after all the rationalizations, Peyton Manning rejuvenation, and positives about offensive genius Gase

Get us some Ws please and manage the clock and Ill be convinced

FTMR I hope that he taking a good course in Human Relations before he gets here

And thats my shtick Stokes...err I mean Rollo

johnny likes this.
  12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I read he was 3 & 3 in an article that listed pro's & cons of the Gase hiring.......but I'll take your word for it.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm not gonna say it.... channeling my inner Lionel Ritchie... :)

14. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

LMAO

Pretty sure Sam cared about Peyton Manning’s opinion above all else. Who do you think he heard about the new HC from?

Sam loves the Mannings, got to know them well when he was one of the mentors at their football camp.

NYJetsO12 and Attackett like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome back! Can't speak for everyone on TGG, but we're pretty optimistic about Sam here. Though that's contingent on him making the second year jump that other successful QBs have made. What do you think about the Gase hire? Will Sam work well with him?

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Consider that Darnold has a very strong personal interest in Gase as a quarterback coach and much less interest or insight into Gase as an administrator responsible for much more.

17. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Lack the knowledge to form an intelligent response about any NFL coach, save for Pete Carroll. All I can answer is about Sam, he’s known as a coaches dream out here, from anyone he’s played for, or with, as a three sport star....never heard or read of him not liking any of his coaches or teammates, or not backing any of them. Easy going, but focused and competitive.

I think Sam is the last player your new coach should be concerned getting along with, Sam is exactly who he appears to be, he’s going to worry about the team winning first. What coach doesn’t want that?

BacktoQueens likes this.
  18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

On a side note, someone should tell him that the terms "super pumped" and "rubbing off on a lot of guys" should never be used in the same statement.
    A little too much excitement.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The kid has played under exactly 1 OC in the NFL. His point of reference is Jeremy Bates, the guy that went on a walkabout and got the job because Bowles didn't know what the hell NFL offense is about . Of course Gase sounds like a huge upgrade. Hell, Chan Gailey would sound like a offensive genius. Just imagine what impression Morton would have made on this kid. Why? The kid has a very limited point of reference in Jeremy Bates who at best, isn't even mediocre. 5 years from now, he may or may not have a different opinion but at least he'll be able to evaluate with a much broader base of experience.

The kid is smart and talented, but lets not forget he's 21 and has been in the league only 1 season. Still a baby in NFL years.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I give Darnold more credit, I think he knows what a good OC is and realized early on Bates was terrible.