Optimistic Look at Adam Gase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 9, 2019.

1. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

At bare minimum, he's literally the exact opposite of Bowles. On the sideline he's always coaching. There's that

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NYJFOREVER and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sigh...when you get Lemons ...make Lemonade

According to Mike F we didn't like "what they were hearing out of GB" about McCarthy..Really?....

Hmmm could that be the SB win ,gazillion playoff appearances ,and developing a great offense around Aaron R???

No ..we get impressed with the 6 wins against us by Gase's Fins

Lmao...whatever team needed a win this past season it was waiting for them the week they played Blowes Jets

Ridiculous

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Ditto from me. I endorse this statement

Harpua likes this.
  4. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Lets be real about McCarthy. He had a baffling offense this year. Rodgers hated his play calling. Aaron Jones didn’t get the ball enough. He’s not the same coach that won the super bowl because the game isn’t the same.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

unless my memory is faulty, we play in the afc east. also, so does new england.
    gase beat them at least 2-3 times. mc carthy lost every time he went up against the hoodie,
    so , there is your nugget of optimistic thought regarding the hiring decision.

if i was rhule, i would do exactly what he did. the tuna was right. you don't take on a rebuild unless you can hire your own staff of assistant coaches.
    i would also demand full control of personnel, especially given the gm's drafting record the past 4 years.

6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So you think the whispers they heard out of GB were “he won a SB and went to a gazillion playoffs” and they said “fuck that, we can’t hire this guy”?

I get your schtick but really?

That’s what they heard that concerned them enough to not hire him?

Common.

bicketybam likes this.
  7. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Nice to see some people being optimistic about an organization which has not even come close to winning a championship in half a century.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Now that the initial reaction is over, I'm just gonna say good luck to them. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't gonna watch. I hope he does pan out. We can speculate, but we only have 1 previous hc job to judge him, and he was right, they don't know shit about football in Miami.

He had Tannehill, captain Morgan Cutler. Whatever. If macc does his job, he wont have personnel to blame if he fails.

I like that he spends time with players during the game on the sideline, looking at footage. Haven't seen that in quite a long time.

So fuck negativity...for now ;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KurtTheJetsFan and LAJet like this.
  9. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'm still not thrilled. But, I'm optimistic for Darnold's 2nd year growth with an offensive headcoach (even if it's Gase).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say barring injury, Darnold passes for more than 31 TDs & breaks the franchise record. Something to be excited about.

NYJFOREVER and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

At this point I have extremely high hopes but very low expectations. What I read on other blogs is quite depressing, and the rumor mill is completely conflicted with bits of thruth over a mountain of plain BS about the selection process. I'm staying neutral, believe nothing, and hope for the best. We shall see soon enough.
    I am however hoping to see a strong supporting coaching staff selected. It bothers me to hear the first name mentioned as OC, if true I'm wondering where is all this senior leadership inputs and veto so demanded to other candidates. Mac is under the microscope. His performance needs to improve drastically. Bowles excuse for all the failures is gone away. It would be a nice start if we pick a top DC and OC.
    To be fair the three candidates on the defensive side of the ball make me sleep better at night. Much to the contrary about the current OC choice.
    Screw all the assessments by the media. All I can do is hope for once luck is on our side, and we make the right choices. We Jet fans have reached the limit of our patience and pretty sick and tired of a life long of mediocracy.

11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Gase went 2 & 4 vs. Patriots.....very good sign

#151 BudJet, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I hope he’s awesome. Obviously so my favorite team wins but also so it teaches folks to not be such drama queens. It’s been pretty embarrassing around here

#152 BrowningNagle, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Attackett and bicketybam like this.
  13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Welcome Coach Gase. Hopefully you read the board and take it in context. Jet fans are desperate for a winner. We are New Yorkers and naturally skeptical. If you can turn this franchise around you will be a beloved legend. Until you actually do it take the hate as nothing more than venting at the past. It's not about you until it's about you which won't really start until at least game 2 of the 2019 season... If it's any consolation we appreciate your failure to deliver the hated Dolphins from their misery.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I’ve been a member here for a while but I tend to lurk more than post. I use this forum to get an idea of what the fans are thinking. I figured the reaction would be negative but I was pretty surprised by how negative it was. You would think the Jets were choosing between Sean Payton and Hue Jackson and we took Jackson. I’m glad they took a chance and didn’t settle for all world, hall of fame coach Mike McCarthy. While I don’t think he is a bad coach, I think his upside is limited. A great coach would have won multiple Super Bowls with Rodgers. I feel like we would have had Herm Edwards like success with him. Game may not work out but I’m willing to take the chance. Darnold is 21 years old. There’s plenty of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I've read a LOT more stuff on Gase over the last day and a half. I would say I feel marginally better about the upside potential here. However there is still enough that I don't like to swing me over. I am just sort of apathetic about it at this point. We'll see who the coordinators wind up being and that will be a bit more enlightening.

I'm glad to see that Sam seems to feel positive about working with him, but really, at this point what else would you expect him to say....a leader's gotta do what a leader's gotta do. Now if Gase gets the other 21 starters talking the same way then maybe we have got something, I wouldn't hold my breath though. On the other hand, Jamal Adams' total silence on this has not gone unnoticed by me.

I think after reading all these articles, that Gase sounds like he has a good amount of Tuna-like attitude about him. Sounds like he's all football all the time and has very low tolerance, if any at all, for whiners and slackers. That's old school and I like that, a lot actually, but the unfortunate reality of that is that it is also a difficult walk to walk if you don't have Bill Parcels-like credibility with your players, and I'm pretty sure Gase doesn't....at least not yet.

Bottom line is that I'm in a wait-and-see mode. I wish him well, I still bleed green and white, but I will be doing so in 2019 with a lot less invested. I'm not from Missouri but "...show me."

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fyp

HomeoftheJets and GQMartin like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It just doesn't make any sense. The Jets get embarrassed on Sundays and these same guys on here are looking at the bright side. The Jets hire a coach and they are slitting their wrists

bicketybam likes this.
  18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You should consider writing greeting cards for Hallmark

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I wasn't just talking about personality wise. I've read that Gase is big on bringing in players that LOVE football that was a big thing with Parcells as well. That brought a smile to my face.:)

All these things I'm reading/hearing about Gase's personality are hearsay. He gets a clean slate from me here.

I'm looking forward to his introductory press conference to begin to see how he's like.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Nothing says I love you more than you're an incompetent loser.

NYJetsO12 likes this.