Week 16: Green Bay Packers @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 15, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yep, I was there. Good times. Even still, I always felt like the Jets were hanging on by a thread somehow, just lying in wait ambush my life and punch me in the stomach. There were some exciting years/times, though. I still have a bunch of old newspapers. Thank you, Henny Penny.

So anyway, does anyone dislike Aaron Rodgers besides me? Eh, it's not really dislike, more like something nebulous about him that annoys me. I respect him as a player, of course, but he comes across like a smug unlikable a-hole when he isn't doing endorsements/commercials. He is very, very protective of his personal life and highly vigilant about his privacy, which I can relate to (not that I'm famous, understand). I don't know, I guess I just find his face kind of punchable. It's not as if he's my neighbor or that I have to deal with him or anything, so it doesn't matter. What was this about again? Go Jets, Go Sam. Right.

#21 jetophile, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Reality check: The Jets just lost to a very good texans team by a touchdown.

We can't mimic what the Bears did because we don't have a pass rusher on this team as good as FLoyd let alone Mack

Sam in his first year put up 22 points against the Texans, it its well within the realm of happening.

At this point any good experience for Sam is good experience, we are not finishing #1 or out of the top ten so lets take what comes from this game.

Sam Hammer, NYJetsO12 and CotcheryFan like this.
  3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yes sir....remember that well. was at the follow up WC game against the bills. unreal with that stadium moving and the stands bouncing.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good points...but we are playing a Rookie QB vs a future HOFamer (not Watson or J Allen)

The key to beating the Packers will be to contain Rogers who operates the 9th ranked Offense in the NFL (the Jets are ranked 30Th)

On D the Packers are ranked 16th and we are 22Nd

So on paper, If its a shootout we don't stand a chance imo

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Similar sentiments to the Texans game. I just want Sam to stay healthy & play well.

And once again, Deontay Burnett needs to be active and playing. No idea why he hasn't been.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of going Sunday. Might be last chance to see Rodgers live. Tickets are going for 65 after fees. Anyone looking to sell a pair for25 each contact me. Thanks

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The experince of the QBs respectivly does not matter. Sam is not trying to stop Rodgers, he's trying to score on a medicore Green bay defense. Now if you want to talk about Bowels defense trying to stop Rodgers, sure thats a scary prospect to think of.

One thing in our favor is green bays Oline is even more banged up than ours. It should be a competitive game which we absolutely have a chance to win.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. jetophile

Curious, what section ($65)?

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

It was somewhere in the upper deck and its listed at $50 but with the fees its $65. I don't care where the seats are, just want to get in as cheap as possible and sit between the 40's in the UD

10. jetophile

stubhub or NFL Ticket Exchange (Ticketmaster)? They're probably my old seats that nobody picked up, haha. I was on the 46 Row 5, Sect. 338. I'm surprised that they're even going for $50. I'm guessing because Darnold/Rodgers, otherwise, 3 rupees.

EDIT: If Rodgers even plays, that is. I just went onto stubhub for shiggles and actually very close to where I used to sit are close to face and a couple are about $5 above - but I don't know if that includes taxes and fees or not. I think it does because the prices are weird . . . ? And don't forget about that idiot parking pass unless you're shuttling it in from Mars.

#30 jetophile, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    sec314 likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The ball washers in the media talk about Rodgers like he’s the best ever. But Green Bay is coming here at 5-8-1 and playing meaningless football in Rodgers’ prime. That never happened with Brady or Manning, just sayin

Brook! likes this.
  12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I expect to win this. The Packers are bad and Rodgers has seemed off the entire year.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

14. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Just hope Sam plays well. Results don't matter. We'll probably lose because Bowles is an idiot and is atrocious at gameplanning/adjustments/time management.

Sam needs to keep the momentum going

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Vegas agrees ...the Line is like pick um or Jets minus 1..,sheesh How could that ever happen.??? Didn't think I would ever see >>>..the Jets favored over Aaron Rogers in this lifetime lol

16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The Packers lost to the Cardinals, Raiders, Redskins, Lions and if not for some serious help by the officials, would have lost to the 49ers and both games vs the Vikes instead of a loss and tie.
    They are very beatable.

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They rank 16 in the only stat that matters offensively, PPG. At 23.7

18. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I was at that game AND the 41-0 Colts playoff blowout. Stadium was electric and it was the best two week stretch I have ever seen from Jets.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Three consecutive 5-11 seasons will NOT be enough for Bowles to keep his job. Dude is getting fired.

sec314 likes this.
  20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yes probably but what have the jets done over the years to make this a slam dunk. i NEVER trust this guys - no matter who is in charge.

sec314 and Cman68 like this.