" Big Game Hunting" Coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RichardCaster, Dec 18, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

JH + Norv Turner is a win and they've had a relationship in the past. Jets would have to hope 2 HCs get fired (Carolina and Baltimore). Not sure, Ron Rivera still gets fired even though they are having an epic collapse.

Cman68, Brook!, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I wonder if it's possible for McCarthy to have an Andy Reid like resurgence? Reinvent himself? People want to talk about Aaron Rodgers and McCarthy having that split, but personality wise - Darnold ain't Rodgers, I like Rodgers but he wants to control everything. Darnold maybe a little more humble and perhaps has that ability to be great, McCarthy can get him there and harness it. 13 years later if they have a rift and we have a SB we can fire him then.

Straight up his loyalty to Dom Capers fucked him for years.

ColoradoContrails, FJF and LAJet like this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Mike Shanahan is not a bad option

He's intelligent unlike Bowles, a good offensive mind. His teams were well prepared. He's 66...whatever it's not like he's 80. We've got the cap space and young franchise QB. This team will look drastically different talent wise next season

He wouldn't be my first pick. But he wouldn't be a bad pick either. He'd be a massive upgrade over Bowles

We could do a lot worse than Shanahan. Still I'd take McCarthy and John Harbaugh over him

Red Menace, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  4. forevercursed

Denver I think is interested in him again

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I may be mistaken, but I thought that it was mutually agreed upon that John Harbaugh was leaving the Ravens (with Newsome gone as well). If that's the case, the JETS need to be in full court press..... I do NOT want a guy pulled off his lounge chair at the retirement community.

Big Cat, NYJetsO12, LAJet and 2 others like this.
  6. forevercursed

fwiw Rick Dennison is on our staff and Dennison was with Shanahan in Denver when they had all that success

7. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

McCarthy has had 2 hall of fame quarterbacks and won once.

To only win 1x with Rodgers at QB is all I need to know.

Don’t want any part of home.

Would Love John Harbaugh

almbleamal likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think McCarthy would do good with Sam. I still feel like he under achieved a lot though.Capers definitely didn’t help. John harbaugh on the other hand I feel like over achievers considering he had to come through Pittsburgh every year with a worse offense. Harbaughs the better coach.

9. forevercursed

This is what's been speculated but I'm not sure if it's something official. But there have been those in the media (Francesa is one of them) who are saying regardless of what the Ravens do this year...even Super Bowl, Harbaugh is walking at the end of the season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Would be a sympathy hire by Elway,nothing more.

11. This would be an absolute home run.You know Harbaugh’s got somebody very qualified in mind for DC just as well.Turner loves mobility & pocket presence..Darnold is basically his dream.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. forevercursed

Would be curious what OC Harbaugh would bring with him if he becomes our coach. Because that is so critical to Sams development

John Harbaugh's background is special teams and defensive backs. He's a head coach and a damn good one but not going to be a guy calling plays or personally developing Sam

twown likes this.
  13. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

That's what I'm hoping for. I think we may be trending towards McCarthy, and the best case scenario is he pulls an Andy Reid.

14. forevercursed

They tried to hire him 2 years and it would've been the much better move over the dolt they hired instead. Now they're about to fire Vance Bowlseph.

Shanahan is 170-138 as an NFL coach. That's not nothing

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we're going to keep Mac, it's best we put the coach in charge. So I'm cool with Harbaugh or McCarthy. Shanahan on the other hand hasn't been in the league in forever, he could easily end up like a boring version of Jon Gruden.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

And Joe Gibbs was 181-108 as an NFL head coach. Yet he came back and realized that the game had passed him by. This isn't a career achievement award. This is about getting a HC who has proven he can get the job done in today's NFL.

Furthermore you have no idea if it would've been a better move if they hired washed up Mike Shanahan. However based on his most recent stint as an NFL HC with the Redskins where he went 24-40 for a win pctg of 38% you can make an educated guess that his time has passed as well. Oh by the way, Joseph's win pctg is almost exactly identical to Shanahan's with the Redskins (37%). Sounds like pretty identical dolts to me.

If Denver wants to make a dumb move like bringing him back then let them do it. No one else is.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Woody and Chris cackling to themselves...

K'OB and JetsNation06 like this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

What kind of slapdick organization would hire a coach that’s been out of football for 5 years?

That’d be like hiring a guy that’s been out of football for 4 years as your QB coach then promoting him to OC the next year.

Sounds dumb.

K'OB, NY Jets68, almbleamal and 8 others like this.
  19. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

If we can get Harbaugh and Rex together, I'd sign up for it...

20. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

If we're looking at former Denver coaches, I'd be much more interested in Kubiak.

legler82 and NCJetsfan like this.