I'm worried we're gonna see a repeat of the 2003 offseason in 2019 with Robbie Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 13, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

some people call him a 1 trick pony I just think he is a below average WR with speed,,,buh bye Robbie

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Anderson is faster than Coles was I remember Coles ran like a 4.32 40 or something close to that. On gamedays Robby looks faster to me. Coles was much stronger, much more physical.

I think Anderson has a high ceiling for the Jets if Darnold is who we hope he is. I get the impression that speed wide receivers tend to have longer careers than more physical, not as fast wide receivers.

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't think Anderson has a signature haircut that's just how he chooses to have his hair at this time. JMO

Williams I wonder if he's ever gotten a haircut. It's his 'look' the whole lion's mane (Leo) look again JMO. Anyway I normally wouldn't care about his hair but the Jets have chosen to make him one of the faces of the franchise and the media shows him a lot on gamedays despite the fact he makes few big plays.

I think he's lazy, a underachiever more worried about a 'look' than actually becoming a star on the field for the Jets. For those reasons I don't like him again JMO.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

You don't think Anderson's braided dyed super-styled hair is a "signature haircut"?

But Williams NOT cutting his hair IS a signature haircut?

Anderson just "chooses" to wear it that way? You realize that choice probably costs him hundreds of dollars a month.

You're like the best troll ever.

Well done.

HomeoftheJets and Mogriffjr like this.
  5. Hudson22

Hudson22 New Member

first round tender. If someone wants to give up a first rounder for him, take it and run

apjbfc likes this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hope we sign Robbie before he's sentenced to life in prison for the dumb shit he pulls.

Peebag and apjbfc like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

WarriorRB28 likes Anderson because he's skinny.

Harpua and stinkyB like this.
  8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Coles was voted by his teammates as the team's MVP in 2002 (previous season). Bradway was too stupid to protect him with a decent tender. I do not see Anderson as being the team MVP in 2018, or in the top 5 for that matter.

Peebag, stinkyB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Everyone knows they're gonna overpay _____EVERY GUY OUT THERE*_____on the open market.

Shame on all the teams doing that.

* Except one or two of these guys will take another step and become not overpaid at all.

Shame on the teams that let that guy get away. Will Anderson be one of those?

10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Cons: slight build. off-field troubles.

Pros: fast. kempt.

FJF and Acad23 like this.
  11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Once again Anderson proves that he's worthless unless he's wide open.
    Throw him a contested ball, and the defender will win 90% of the time.
    NO WAY I'd overpay to keep him, or view him as a #1 WR.
    He's a mediocre receiver who happens to run fast.

Peebag and JohnnyJet1222 like this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

So extreme.. he was pretty contested last week on game winning drive and makes plenty of contested catches. He should’ve caught that 4th down pass though, no question about it. He’s certainly no Nuk Hopkins, not many are.

I don’t know about overpaying but I’d certainly pay him his worth or at the least give him the 1st rd tender. It’s not very wise for a team desperate for playmakers to let their best one walk away for nothing, especially considering our rookie QB is gaining more and more confidence and chemistry with him every week.

Nesquik and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

He literally had his best game of the season went 7 for 96 and TD and ur gonna highlight the one drop he made at the end of the 4th, Wow some of u Jets fans suck. Went for 900 plus yards last year with backup QBs. Has struggled with injuries and a rookie whos the youngest in league history. Give him a break the guy is young still and is still developing his game to be an overall one. Thanks for highlighting the contested bomb against Tre White last week im sure that didnt impress u enough. As an UDFA Robby is literally the best "pick" Mac has made that wasnt a 1st rounder since that is literally the only thing he can get right.

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Robbie would be nice in the slot or a good depth piece. He isnt good enough to be a number one and I dont think he is good enough as a two either.

He has speed. Great. He can be explosive deep. Great. That's only valuable maybe once or twice a game. MAYBE.

His hands are mediocre, his routes have improved, but definitely nothing special, his thin frame keeps him from really being a factor in the RAC aspect of the game, and he has off field issues.

He should have been drafted and he is a steal in the since we acquired him as a UDFA but lets be honest, he doesnt make the climb with most teams like he did here. He is fortunate that we severely lack playmakers on offense in general.

He isnt worth big money and he can definitely be upgraded, easily.

I'm not a big fan overall but if he was a slot guy for us or quality depth piece, I'd be okay with it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I feel like you're biting hard on fools gold. Just because he is one of the best pieces of our offense, doesnt mean he will ever be a true #1 in this league. I feel like its more of the lack of playmakers that we have, then that he is actually a potential star in the making.

His lack of hands is absolutely concerning. In those moments, in that spot, game on the line, you see true #1 WRs make those catches time and time again. That's why they make the money they do.

If he isnt wide open, I don't have faith Robby will make it happen. Last week was probably the best catch I've ever seen him make in the endzone, tight window throw, tight coverage, against the Bill's. The ball was perfect though and he should catch those everytime but a part of me still feels like that could've went either way.

I think he is very much over hyped with Jets fans and I dont think fans "suck" for thinking we can do better.

Peebag and truthbtold like this.
  16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Robbie is a good WR but not a #1 WR , one I'd like to see us keep , but the thought of giving him a big payday scares me.
    He's a great compliment to a true #1 but not a guy I see carrying a team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Did we not learn anything about how important it is to keep the WR’s that have chemistry with our QB?

Mark Sanchez looked like a QB. Until we took away everyone he had chemistry with and replaced them with Derrick Mason and fucking Chaz Shillins or whatever his name was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Someone somewhere will be taken with his speed and overpay. If we can get a second rounder for him (considering our trades for Sam) then I'd take that in a heartbeat and look for a rookie who can be a solid #2 at minimum rather then a speciality piece.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Definitely a nice player to have, and I hope they find a way to keep him at a reasonable cost.... but comparing him to COLES?!? o_O

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  20. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Agreed, he needs to be stronger. Defenders sneeze on him and he drops the ball.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.