Potential RBs for the Jets

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 10, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with 101 on this one. I don't think Love goes in the 2nd round. If he had entered the draft this year, he would have been a 1st round pick. With the pedestrian year that he had this year, waiting until next year is going to cost him plenty. I think he'll be lucky to get drafted in the 3rd round.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Did you know that Hunt's father (also named Kareem Hunt) and family have an extensive criminal background?

Did you know that he allegedly was involved in a physical altercation with the woman at the Cleveland hotel in February, with a man at an Ohio resort in June, and with another man at a Kansas City club in January?

According to USA Today (Friday, December 14 p. 5C):
    His father has been arrested at least 35 times in NE Ohio (most of which were convictions for drug-related offenses) and multiple times on domestic violence. He's had 9 felony convictions and served 9 years for those convictions, but they don't know how much time he has served for his many misdemeanor charges. A cousin's of Hunt (Rashan Hunt) was sentenced to 23 years in prison in April for voluntary manslaughter. Another cousin, Lorenzo Hunt was sentenced to seven years in prison in 2004 for aggravated robbery and felony firearm offense. Kevin Riggins, an uncle of Hunt's, is serving a 10-year prison sentence for drug trafficking and other drug-related offenses. Still another cousin, Gregory E. Hunt, is serving a 12-year prison sentence for drug and gun-related offenses. Kareem's older brother, Clarence Riggins, was sentenced to more than two years in prison in 2014 for criminal trespass. Hunt's mother was arrested in 2014 for cocaine possession and pleaded guilty to driving under the influence. His stepfather, Deltrin Kimbro, was sentenced to eight years in prison in 2004 for drug trafficking. Four more cousins and another uncle have pleaded guilty to felony offenses, most related to drugs.

I may be mistaken, but just as children who are sexually abused often become sexual abusers, I think those who have been physically abused also become physical abusers. I'd say his chances of rehabilitation are pretty darned slim. This isn't some youthful mistake. It's a pattern of behavior created by a family environment of problems, trials and tribulations. I hate if for the kid, and hope that I'm wrong and that he can defeat his demons, but I'll be surprised if he can. It's a shame, but maybe there's hope for him.

His cousin, Lorenzo Hunt, said he sees a link between Kareem Hunt's physical altercation with the 19-year old woman and his family's checkered history. "The only thing that he has now is a resonance, just a small, tiny, little seed of all that anger, all of that trial and tribulation, all of that frustration. It's in him. But it's not of him. It's pain from us. It's not his. He got away."

3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

We still don't know until, 14th January, which Underclassmen have decided to declare for the draft.

It will be interesting to see which RB's declare. One to keep a eye on is Alabama Junior Josh Jacobs - MVP at the SEC Championship game - not a lot of miles on the clock (as Bama have a whole stable of RB's to choose from)

Jetphan73 likes this.
  4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

In terms of every down backs, I think Weber makes the most sense for us in the mid rounds. He's strong, punishes defenders and has good explosion.

In terms of a guy who I think can be a steal in the mid rounds, Bryce Love has to be it. He's got the true home run threat potential if he can stay healthy. Not an every down back but can still play plenty of snaps and line him up all over the place and he's an explosive weapon.

I'd go after one of these guys in Round 3 or 4 if still available.

mrjet80 likes this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

A very interesting analysis. And good points taken. Pass rush and OL are the two most important upgrades that need to be made . RB comes after that as Crowell and Powell are both FAs ( and could be upgraded anyway ) . CB is slightly after RB. Claiborne needs to go. Johnson will be fine but they need a better # 2 CB in my opinion .

I think Bell would dramatically improve the Jets offense even if they had to slightly overpay. I understand the negative side of signing Bell. For the record I predict Bell signs with the Colts which means I truly hope the Jets can find a fourth round gem as you say ......

But good points all around .

JetsNation06 and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Montgomery having a nice Bowl game.

He’s not going to be there in the 3rd but if he is, grab him.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  7. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

If we get M. Campbell as HC (Another story completely) I think/hope we try to snag him. Even if we don't, I think he'd be a very good pickup

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I honestly would not mind a duo of Bell and Holyfield.

With all the money we have, I would give Bell the money and sign a guy like Holyfield later in the draft. I was able to watch a lot of him this year, and I really liked what I saw

9. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Ingram just turned 29 don't really think he would be the best use of our cap, no matter how much cheaper he is than Bell whos 26(27 in february). Ive made a total 180 i didn't want Bell at the beginning of the season but with the cap increasing by another 10 mil and him completely saving his body this season I'm all for it. Like i don't think us fans really see our team the way others do. We're solidly in that tier with the Browns as one of the worst franchises in the league, players don't grow up wanting to play for the Jets and we just need talent period.

Bell isn't going to the Colts, Mack, Hynes and Wilkins are a nice young core to build around and Ballard doesn't seem like the type to spend on a RB. Normally I'm not either but to be frank we aren't in position to be choosy. The Colts have assets in draft picks so it makes sense for them to value other positions higher. We don't, no 2nd round picks which i would say is the sweet spot to get that RB, they have 2. Im not waiting until the 3rd round or on draft day in a weak RB draft unless we seemingly sure up every other major need position prior to that in free agency.

Ladanian Tomlinson came to the Jets when he was about 29-30 to get Bell who is coming off a year where he got 0 carries at 27 id absolutely give him the same deal Todd Gurley(4/60) got probably a little more to make the highest RB in the NFL with an out after the 3rd year. I dont care that Pittsburgh replaced him with Conner they also have a way better O-line and still didnt make the playoffs without him so if hes worth 2-3 wins thats actually alot more than most players in this league.

10. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

How about Josh Jacobs from Alabama might be the best back in college football?

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Trayveon Williams just declared yesterday. Another dynamic, explosive runner the Jets should consider in Round 3. I would take one of the following if they're still on the board:

-Weber
    -Williams
    -Jacobs
    -Love
    -Snell

K'OB and NoodleArm like this.
  12. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

That's a good list. Love is a good risk in the 3rd. Incredible value if he recovers from his injury and works out.

CotcheryFan and JetsNation06 like this.
  13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I really would be inclined to recoup a Round 2 pick - whether it be from a trade-down from #3 overall scenario or trading Big Cat - and snag an RB.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I feel that a decent RB can be had in the 3rd round. I'd like to use a recouped 2nd on a WR.

macbk and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. DSL97

DSL97 Member

Now let us just hope that doesnt turn out to be stephen hill or devin smith

CotcheryFan likes this.
  16. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

he will be a top 10 pick this year

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Two Bama kids probably won't last through first 10 picks, let alone two rounds, so I am looking at other kids.

How does this Bennie Snell kid look to you guys? He might be available in Rd. 3, and might fit the coaching change as well.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You want to give up Williams for a 2nd rounder when he is finally going to be able to play the position he excelled at in college. Williams will play inside, probably with Shepherd and hopefully the can get D Lawrence and another DE in FA. Then draft Bosa or Allen if a trade down is not there.

FJF likes this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This is the off-season, where everyone wants to trade good players for draft picks they hope turn into good players.

20. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Dexter Williams