New Org. Chart coming!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 7, 2018.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

And what has Willliams done exactly? It's all about production, regardless if your team is stacked or not. Leonard is hardly setting the world on fire. Beasley's best year still better than any year Williams has had in only 4 seasons.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Edge is all about production, 3-4 lineman is all about assignment first.
    Leonard Williams is so good he had many here thinking Lorenzo maudlin could be our answer at edge rusher.
    Williams has been a constant good player and was the right selection at 6. One flashy season from a role player doesn’t change that.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. FJF

Btw Jordan Jenkins 32 tackles 6 sacks is out producing Beasley. Mostly because of Williams presence

Sam Hammer likes this.
  4. JetsNation06

We already had Mo and Sheldon here when we drafted Leonard. Kinda overkill, no? If we added Beasley back then who knows how lethal this Front 4 would've been with them freeing him up to just get to the QB.

Williams is solid but not sure at #6 solid is good enough. Hopefully with more help around him he shows he's All Pro. Verdict is still out IMO.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. FJF

Sheldon was hit with the suspension that year and mo uncertain due to the contract negotiations. Hindsight reinforces the case for Williams imo. Me personally, want to see him as a 3t in a 4-3. I think he could be 8-10 sack guy in a more of an attack role.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. His 2nd year was impressive. Otherwise, he's done nothing. He has few tackles and few sacks. Meanwhile, Williams has been played out of position, has had little or no talent around him on the DL and has faced a double team on every snap. You're really off base on this one.

LAJet likes this.
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If Beasley was here and put up same exact numbers as he has during his career in Atlanta he would be enemy #1 and called a major bust by Jets fans. Beasley has been a major disappointment outside of his one breakout year.

The only case that can be made for better than Williams in the 1st rd of that draft is Gurley, Gordon, Cooper and Cooper went before.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I already established that I mixed him up with Cole Beasley. Even Vic Beasley really just had one good year, the rest have been pedestrian. Same is true of Leonard Williams, although the obvious difference is that Williams is a 3-4 DE that constantly takes double teams now, while Beasley is an edge rusher. If Williams was an edge rusher I would understand the criticism of him, but he's not and the rest of the Dline isn't that great.

#188 Sam Hammer, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  9. FJF

And gurley was coming off the knee surgery.

101GangGreen101 and Attackett like this.
  10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah and that same Falcons team currently has a higher draft pick than the Jets. That shit show already has an elite QB and a top WR in the league and can't even get a better record than the Jets who have almost no weapons and a rookie QB. Beasley isn't helping the Falcons at all.

#190 Sam Hammer, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  11. JetsNation06

Agree. I'd like to see them move to a 4-3 too and I'd be interested to see how he performs in that role. Maximize his talents and see if he can be more of a force pressuring QB's.

12. JetsNation06

Yeah I'll concede on this one. I think Williams has been solid so far. Hopefully they can better utilize his talents going forward and put more talent around him.

Sam Hammer and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That would be wonderful...if no coach was ever involved in a team's results. I'm pretty ambivalent about MacCagnan but looking at the calendar and the lack of any moves from the ownership I believe keeping MacCagnan around to avoid changing both horses in midstream again as the preferred route.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Nowadays, it's not about being in a 4-3 or a 3-4. Most teams run nickel with 4 man fronts (60% + of the time, the Jets run nickel). The question is how do you get the best 4 man rush?

Would be very interested as well to see Williams in a 4 man front with some speed on the outside to compliment the interior.

15. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Bowles is clearly a major part of the problem. We all know that. And we all know he’s gone at the end of the season. But who’s going to want to come in and work for a GM with a draft and free agency record as bad as Maccagnan’s. His body of work commands zero respect from any head coach of note. Why would you want to come and work for a guy who’s not improved the roster in four years?

I know we’ve had a lot of change but in this case consistency for the sake of consistency is not the answer. The Jets desperately need above, not below average.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I concur with those who objectively put MacCagnan's draft and free agent history in the middle ground while you see it subjectively at a low level; it's okay that we don't agree. As to the bolded, is that more subjective opinion, or do you have evidence to support it?

#196 Ralebird, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  17. JetsNation06

So your opinion along with a few others is objective, yet his opinion is subjective? You're not biased or anything I take it? LOL Dude you don't even have a good command of the words you use.

Furthermore, many of us have already provided supporting evidence of how bad Mac's drafts have been. Well below average in FACT. A few good picks littered with many more swings and misses. There's only about 5 other threads where the stats have been laid out to support this in terms of how many of his draft picks aren't even on an NFL roster anymore as well as draft picks who aren't on the Jets anymore. Go search for them.

Metstrife likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Big Len says I may be fat but I am not balding

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I was originally replying to another poster who said all of Macc's 1st round pics were whiffs....I said Williams, Adams, and Sam would disagree.

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Ok.

Yea, jury is still out on Sam. Not sure how any other conclusion could be drawn.