New Org. Chart coming!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

....so a player in his rookie season who hasn't proven himself yet is automatically a 'whiff'?

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I didn’t say anything about a “whiff”.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

LOL

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

See you have no concept of what players we are talking about. Beasley is not a WR he's a pass rushing linebacker. I wonder which team needs one of those? They could have traded down and got more picks to mess up. Who knows but Williams is not #6 talent (at least not on the Jets).

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Is this based on any facts or simply an opinion? Cidusii and somebody else put together some stats that make MacCagnan look pretty average and better than that if you take 2015 with a grain of salt because Mac was working largely with Idzik leftovers going into the draft.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Jets rank 31st in the league in the total number of players drafted between 2015 and 2018 still on NFL rosters. That's according to the guys at Turn on the Jets who also put together this compelling argument for why MM should be fired before he can do any more damage...

http://turnonthejets.com/2018/12/ti...-to-2018-new-york-jets-comparison/#more-46603

HomeoftheJets and JetsNation06 like this.
  8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Was Idzik the GM in 2015? No. That's on Mac so stop making excuses for him. Also this is based on fact. Read my reply to you in another thread where I laid out how subpar his draft was. His drafts have been below average across the board. Do you actually follow the talent on the team? It's not hard to evaluate his draft history if you do and you've seen the results of who he's drafted.

9. Ralebird

I find absolutely nothing at all compelling about what Joe Caporusso says here and could not care an iota less that Eric Decker had five TDs and x number of receiving yards in 2014. It's not relevant to the problem at hand any more than Calvin Pace's five sacks. I also don't believe Caporusso's opinion is any more viable than yours or mine, he just has a more visible platform.

Total number of guys drafted still in the league may be a notable metric but attempting to gauge the more important players in the game today and comparing that to all other teams as Cidusii did seems more valuable to me.

10. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

What's more important, the number of players he's picked that are already out the league, or the number of picks that are contributing to the team either as starters or depth? Given that the average NFL career length is closer to 3 years than 4, I'd suggest the latter is far more important and Mac is at least middle of the pack in this regard as @Cidusii and others have demonstrated. I'd much rather the GM moves on from bad picks quickly rather than holds on to players just because he drafted them - even if it does leave him open to criticism like this.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. JetsNation06

They are equally important. Those swings and misses are why the team has such a lack of talent today. You don't just overlook all of those horrible picks and act like they aren't a critical part of why the team is so shorthanded. That's being blind and naive.

You judge someone based on their whole body of work. Not just the parts that work in their favor. It's called being objective.

NCJetsfan and Metstrife like this.
  12. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Both are important and his record on both fronts is horrendous.

On your final point, i agree - but if Maccagnan had acknowledged he had made a mistake on Hackenberg early we would have Watson or Mahomes under centre instead of having to trade up to take Sam.

The Hackenberg decision alone set this franchise back two years.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The same Vic Beasley that has one more sack and 7 less tackles than Williams this year?

Sam Hammer likes this.
  14. JetsNation06

His overall body of work is more impressive than Williams in 4 years.

15. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Do you think we’re much better than 2014? Who is ultimately accountable if not Maccagnan?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Ralebird

I don't think a comparison to 2014 is at all meaningful.

17. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Lol ok - neither would I if I was pro Maccagnan. Is there another way of measuring a GM's performance other than compare where we are now to where we were when he took over from the previous GM.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. FJF

208 tackles 15 sacks v 109 tackles 28.5 sacks
    With a high year looking more and more like an outlier for Beasley.

19. JetsNation06

He had 16.5 sacks and was All Pro in a season where he was a main cog in helping the Falcons get to the Super Bowl. That right there is more impactful and impressive than anything Williams has done so far. Up to this point I'd give Beasley's career the edge (no pun intended).

20. FJF

*15.5 on a loaded team . Hasn’t done nothing since. If he was here now we would still be looking for an edge rusher and getting gashed in the run game all the while killing Mac for a flash in the pan waste of a 6th pick and stressing over the fact that he will be getting a 15 mil option year.