New Org. Chart coming!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The problem is that they didn't NEED another DT.

If you need a pickup truck and the salesman says "I can get you into this Mustang GT for less", you still don't buy the Mustang.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course they could have, but they also could have had any of the other 22 picked after him in the first round. Look at Kevin White, drafted immediately after Williams - he has caught the grand total of 24 passes in his career. You're looking for absolute perfection in a totally imperfect system and you're looking at it 3 1/2 years after the fact. That is not reasonable.

#142 Ralebird, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

In the cap era you need everything outside of qb at all times. Strengths turn to weaknesses very quickly as we have seen. Williams was absolutely the right pick at 6.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If they keep Mac, great. If they don't, great. I don't really care if they do or don't. I just want the organization to finally do things the right way and let the GM pick their own head coach. For two different regimes, both GMs were forced a HC upon them. That shit is backwards, it doesn't work. If they keep Mac beyond this year, he gets 3-4 years more in my eyes. It would be absolutely asinine to keep him, have another bad year, then fire him. Then what happens to the new HC? Start over? Force that HC on the new GM? No thanks.

5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I read an article on another sight that talked about how there are successful teams that use the same organizational chart that the Jets currently use. It can be done, it just needs the right people. That’s what it all comes down to at the end of the day...the right people.

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Which is also the crux of the problem. When have the Jets ever had the right people in place at the same time in the Johnson Era? What works for other teams doesn't necessarily mean it will work for the Jets because so far, its been a resounding failure. I saw some of the ownership those teams with the dual path management setup report to and the Johnsons aren't qualified to even be mentioned in the same paragraph. Perhaps that the problem. Maybe a dual path reporting to a PoFO might work. Reporting to the Johnsons? not so much... and the Johnsons ain't going nowhere..

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

People keep talking around the issue which is a poor eye for talent which is what Mac possesses. You can take all your organizational charts, philosophies, similar structure BS and shove it.

All that matters is he's bottom tier bad compared to his peers around the league when it comes to the talent he's assembled on this roster.

8. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

All very lovely, after reading it i totally disagree. Fire them all and get re-hiring a new team. No discussion needed. Mac has been terrible, Bowles without Fitz magic awful. Both must go.

9. Theres a diference between wvaluation or “eye” & picking players.You have to pick players who fit a scheme or philosophy otherwise you end up w a mixed bag(which we have had anyway).

You wanna say mac doesnt pick good players have at it..there are contributing factors..but im notvready to say he doesnt have a good eye for talent.His resume says otherwise

Sam Hammer likes this.
  10. JetsNation06

Scheme is a convenient excuse when players don't work out. I've already laid out his picks and his misses just in the first two rounds of the 2015 draft. I could keep going to further prove my point.

How does his resume say otherwise? What specific picks besides Adams, and maybe Williams, support his resume of having a good eye for talent as you're implying? I beg to differ and so do his results.

11. It makes no difference to me whether Mac stays or not. Theres no convenient excuse to be had.And judging by Cimini's article this morning depicting Bowles/Mac simply not giving a shit & lying to ownership to keep their jobs I'm leaning towards sending these guys packing.

That said I'm interested in the truth. If Bowles complete incompetence hampered Mac's overall approach to drafting players..that MATTERS to me. You have to pick players that fit a coach's scheme & vision. Bowles schematical protypes include 3-4 DL that 1 gap,undersized LBs asked to stack/shed behind DL who aren't protecting them over sized DB's who must be plus run defenders & basically complete indifference to offensive football.These are flawed quirky philosophies that put a GM in quite the pickle.

You can hoot & holler all you want about the final results...but I & am sure others would like to know how much of an impact that really played. And with Bowles supposedly not playing/developing guys MAC picked who Bowles didn't like? Tell me how that is a suitable environment for a GM?

CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. JetsNation06

I know you're indifferent about Macc too. Regarding the article this morning, I didn't read it.

Again who the hell knows if there's any truth to those articles about Bowles not playing/developing guys that Mac picked?

I lean more towards what we do know. We know who Macc has picked and how they are playing rather than all the other hearsay which is all the media drivel is. His resume in terms of who he has picked is weak. It's an under performing grade overall and that's why the Jets have one of the least talented rosters in the NFL (definitely bottom 10).

All I base my opinion on is the facts. And the fact is he's not getting the job done based on the talent here and for that alone I want him gone. I want him nowhere near $100M in FA and another draft.

If he doesn't get canned then it will most likely be more of the same swings and misses come draft season.

ColoradoContrails and Jets81 like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, if you have a chance to get a "difference-maker" at a position that you have someone who is capable, but not a difference-maker, then by all means you take it. Maybe it's unfair to rip Macc for taking Williams at #6 based on the pre-draft buzz about him, but I had hoped that Macc was privy to good scouting info and also possessed the right instincts to know whether that buzz was accurate. It's one thing to say "Well most people thought Williams was a beast and a no-brainer", but "most people" aren't paid what Macc is paid, nor do we have the resources that he has to base our decisions on. At the time, I questioned using that pick on a DL when we already had good players in the spot. There were players available to him that filled positions of need, and if he didn't think they warranted the #6 pick he could've traded down and still filled a higher need. This isn't Macc's biggest failure, it's just one more issue in a series of issues with him. Taking two Safeties in his his first two picks in 2017 is another case of him overloading on positions and ignoring other, more pressing problems.

I'm not going to - once again - dissect every pick and catalog every mistake, because I and others have done that, but the bottom line is that following his "recipe" he hasn't produced a winning team, and I don't trust his recipe to do so.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think Williams was the BPA for them, and so they took him not thinking he'd be there at 6. It was insurance because Sheldon Richardson was a mental midget and they knew it. That was the year he had his 4 game drug suspension, plus Wilkerson was on the last year of his deal and they didn't know if he'd be back.

In hindsight it was the right move, since both of them are gone now. I couldn't imagine how bad the dline would be without him. Williams being on the roster is what made Sheldon expendable and that netted the jets a 2nd round pick, which ended up getting them a franchise QB without losing this year's first, which is going to be huge.

#154 Sam Hammer, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

But they literally just demonstrated that is not true. Macc is on par with the average GM right now as far as hitting on starters. Yeah it's not perfectly scientific, but he's at least close.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Link to the Cimini article? Where was it? I went to the ESPN site and could find no article from today.

17. NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. JetsNation06

Who is they? Macc's draft record is below average at best as I said. Time to expect better out of our GM. Mac Must go before he does further damage.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

meh, I am not defending every pick. I've been critical of mac way before it was popular, but the bolded is pretty weak. no one has any idea what, if any trade offers were on the table so saying he could have traded down is pure speculation.
    as to the first part of the bolded, scouting has become a huge industry, the publications ,websites and such have all the same resources . teams boards are leaked out constantly .that he hasn't had the stats you desire now does not lessen his value as a draft prospect. Williams had no holes in his scouting report to knock him down any lower than he went.
    now, addressing the depth chart at the time, Sheldon was getting ready to get slapped with a 4 game suspension and had already been talking like he was going to be difficult to retain when his contract came up and wilk was entering the last year on his deal. d line was definitely a need. leo was definitely the right pick.

101GangGreen101 likes this.