Defilipo Fired

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Dec 11, 2018.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Some fans are enamoured with the names, the term Young creative OC.
    LaFluer, DeFilippo. Never mind they have done terrible as first year OCs.
    Bieniemy, another first year OC who has no play calling experience.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Bowles was one of these guys....he was a DC for two seasons.No real experience

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I prefer the 2020 1st, but if I HAD to I'd give up the 2019. As I said, if you want to get to and win a SB, you need a FQB AND a great HC. In a few cases, you can do it without a FQB, but in those cases those teams had great HCs who could maximize their QBs talent to win. We already have the FQB, so we need the HC. NOT having the HC, but having a FQB can leave you wandering in the wilderness, coming close but not winning.

It's a steep price, but a necessary one.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

ZERO... the trade deadline has passed

5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Dude.

Harpua and K'OB like this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

Further proof that a more experienced candidate should be the choice

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The question is will the experienced candidate even be available. Jim Harbaugh looks like he's staying at Michigan and will the Ravens really move on from John?

8. TonyFtLaud

I think Jim stays in Michigan. With Meyer stepping down, he has the chance to beat Ohio State.
    John's situation is less clear. A playoff run could save his job but unless they make a run I doubt it. They strongly considered firing him after last season.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I would take McCarthy and his track record in a heartbeat. I wouldn't consider him a failure.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

To all those on this Board who were In Like with Capt Kirk prior to drafting Darnold....LMAO

If Vikings don't get in Playoffs ..Zimmer may be next imo

Can you imagine Cousins trying to work with Bowles and Bates...??? We averted disaster smh

So for the future.?..we'll Iam leaning toward a veteran NFL Head Coach

Why? Because finding the next Sean McVay is like seeking a diamond in the rough...hardly something our owners are good at

#70 NYJetsO12, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    JetsNation06 likes this.
  11. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Eric Bienemy? It seems that he gets no luv on this board smh.

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm with you to an extent. We don't know the behind the scenes of what is happening in Minny, but we can tell that the offense had big troubles scoring. Thielen and Diggs are both going to finish over 1,000 yards, hell Thielen is already over 1200, but the team can't score. Is it Cousins? The Oline? The Ground Game in general? Cousins has been sacked 32 times and has nine fumbles already. There is a disconnect some where in the red zone. Without watching a lot of the games for them its hard to say is it talent or scheme.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

For those who think young OC are all a pipe dream and over their head and we should go for a veteran HC I will offer you this. Most of the HC that are or will be released are rethreads and not worth much and have totally reach their low potentials. That is why they are released . Case in point TB, Zimmer who has done shit with a lot of talent, M Lewis, and many others. The list is pretty small for the good ones, may be three to go after, Jim and John H and Mike McCarthy. Two of the three will not be available, and Mike will have plenty of offers to contemplate.
    As for the rest, I wouldn't want any part of them. So not too many real good options if you ask me.

FJF likes this.
  14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Reports are the Jim is staying in Michigan. John we'll see what happens. If he does leave everyone will want him. When his name is mentioned the Jets and Browns are the two linked to him. That being said I can see him interested in Green Bay. As for the others you mentioned besides McCarthy I'm ok on them. One rethread worh looking at is Ken Whisenhunt. Brought Arizona to a SB. Doing well with the Chargers offense and will bring instant credibility. Still question what happened in Tennesse but I think he is worth it.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO he gets no love for a very good reason. He didn't build that offense. Andy Reid and Matt Nagy did. Further, this is Bieniemy's first season as an OC. IMO he doesn't have nearly enough experience to be considered for a HC job. Is he even calling the plays in KC? He may eventually prove to be a great HC candidate, but imo he needs several more years as a successful OC before he should even be considered. With a lesser QB than Pat Mahomes, I'm not certain that the Chief's offense would be so dynamic and potent.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

We really do need a sarcasm smiley :p

17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The only thing worse than someone not getting the joke is having to explain it.

K'OB likes this.
  18. Just because hes a bad play caller doesnt mean he’ll be a bad HC.Now thats not to say i think we should hire him.

Im just saying that being a HC is completely different than being a coordinator w different traits necessary to succeed.Thats why i dont get too wrapped up in the December coordinator beauty contest bc all of it means very little. Its nothing more than a resume.

Head coach has to be balanced,both macro & micro oriented,be able to lead all different types of personalities,have basic understandings of all positional groups,have a good network of potential assistants lined up,have an eye for talent,in game management(or at least proper delegation)& be able to handle PR.

Very little of that has anything to do w 3rd & goal in 4th Qtr of the conference championship game or if the unit you coached made it to playoffs in the last 2 years.

Who has the personality traits,experience & vision of a winning formula to run an organization? Thats all that matters.

19. ColoradoContrails

Tell better jokes.

Sec124DieHard and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

If they have those traits, then they'll successfully handle 3rd and goal in the 4th qtr. of the conf. champ. game.