25 years ago today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Dec 11, 2018.

1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

...the Jets played in this classic. A football team is for life, not just for Christmas. Happy Holidays to Jeremy Bates.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

This was actually a nationally televised Saturday game. The Jets were fighting for a playoff spot and actually had an excellent defense that year ( coached by Pete Carroll ) The Redskins were terrible . The classic snap pegging Louie Aguilar on the head during that FG attempt was on the football follies highlights for years after ....

In reality the Jets dominated the game - Fred Baxter dropped a fourth down TD pass right in his hands. RB Johnny Johnson ran for over 150 yards. At the time I found solace that the Jets finally beat the Redskins and in fact shut them out. In hindsight that game should have been a harbinger in what was to come - 3 straight losses and no playoffs leading to the firing of Bruce Coslet.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Jets vs. Washington, haha. Opening day 2003 away I was just off of brain surgery watching the game with one eye open. Of course the Jets screwed me. Good times!

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Reminds me of Derek Jeter colliding with Ken Huckaby in Toronto on Opening Day 2003 and being sidelined for a month.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

That season was the true beginning of the Deadskins too. A 25 year run of perpetual mediocrity mired in shit.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It gets better. Jets vs. Miami, the home opener, my proprioception wasn't the the greatest. The Jets lost! Of course they screwed me. Again! Good times! Again!

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was there. My first Jets game. Great foreshadowing!

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Was this game was played in a constant rainstorm, IIRC?

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

No. Just a cold cloudy day. I think you may be referring to the 6-0 Jets win at Foxboro two weeks before . Yes the Jets pitched two consecutive road shut outs .....in between those two games the Jets lost a 9-6 game to the Colts at home . 3 straight weeks and no TDS for the Jets or their opponent ...