Leonard Williams looks fat to me

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 16, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Been there done that. Heard it all when Sheldon Richardson was here same exact arguments.

These guys are what they are. Great players are great in any system, any coach. The best players are SELF MOTIVATED.

Look at Jamal Adams look at his physique, see the motor he plays with, the energy. Same head coach Todd Bowles.

Todd Bowles doesn't suit up on Sundays it's not his fault Leonard Williams can't beat a double team if his life depended on it. If he can't beat a double team here it ain't happening someplace else.

MacCagnan is crazy if he pays a player that can't beat double teams like he's a star player.

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I watch plenty of Jets football. Like 99.9% of the games.

Having to be at work early am, work long hours my free time is very limited. I don't care enough about the other teams in the NFL to sacrifice my rest/sleep to watch their games. I need my rest.

The NFL doesn't pay my bills or put food on my table etc.

Profootballtalk.com & Mike Francesa are sources I trust to get my NFL news.

mrjet80 likes this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I have nothing against Leonard Williams, but I'm trading him this offseason. He hasn't quit like Mo Wilk did, but Leonard Williams just doesn't have enough of an impact on games. He doesn't get to the QB, he doesn't bat down balls, we're being gashed in the running game. His reputation is still good throughout the league so I think we can get a quality return for him.

twown likes this.
  4. forevercursed

Exactly. Especially when you consider how mobile QB's are nowadays compared to the statues of years past. Even when you get the pressure QB's start running around and finding time and space.

The big bulldozer d-linemen aren't totally obsolete but it's insane sinking tons of money into them if they're not going to be having huge impacts on games. It's a luxury if you can get a young cheap d-lineman...but when it comes time to pay him, you don't pay him.

You can have a great defensive line. It will get you nowhere in the NFL nowadays if you can't score points or get to the QB

5. forevercursed

A defense with the mighty Aaron Donald on it has given up

Points this year in individual games

Doesn't mean he's a bad player but the impact he has on games is nowhere near what it used to be in decades past

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Dump the fat fuck.

Use that money on some playmakers...like Trumaine Johnson.:confused:

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Donald has had plenty of excellent stats and has made game changing plays but pinning those scores on him is ridiculous. Do you not even realize that that team has been down their top 2 corners for well over 4-5 weeks now. Donald isn’t going to pressure the QB every time and the fact that the rams score so much, a lot of those teams are going to be in pass happy mode, which will allow less time off the clock and more points will be scored. It makes you wonder how bad that defense would be without Donald. We all know from playing Miami that Suh is very overrated.

Leonard Williams on the other hand is a run stuffer on a team that can’t stop the run lately. He has been next to useless lately. Even freaking Henry Anderson is more useful than him it seems.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Not to mention the Rams score so fast that it puts more pressure on their defense. They remind me a bit of the 1990's Bills. Dynamite offense with Bruce Smith. the Bills defense would give up a lot of points too but no one ever said Bruce Smith was overrated.

They wouldn't have won so many games without Smith and even your basic football fan would recognize he dominates. That's Donald in the Rams D

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Exactly. I can only imagine how that Rams D would be without him. If we take away Williams over here, there wouldn’t even be much of a difference.

Homeofthejets, interesting that you like the 2 prior posts (Forever and now Browning) that completely contradict each other. Which one are you even agreeing with?

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

In all fairness, he hasn't been paid like Mo Wilk yet. o_O

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

They're both right. Forever cursed is right that elite defensive players don't have the same impact they used to. And Browning is right that the Rams defense is better than its points allowed indicates.

twown and 94Abraham like this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Vic Beasley was the right pick. Had Sheldon and Mo playing well, 8 and 6 sacks respectively, and had a glaring need at OLB.

13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Holy, hahaha.

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You are correct but the judges wold have also accepted Todd Gurley or Marcus Peters.

ColoradoContrails and TonyFtLaud like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

just awful

K'OB likes this.
  17. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

The difference in Anderson's effort and William's "effort" is pretty stark there.

K'OB likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Leonard can give all the right sound bites he wants...but his play & numbers says it all.

He fat.

#158 Acad23, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

That was pretty pathetic.

20. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

When did Revis start wearing #92?

jago likes this.