Mark Ingram 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Dec 10, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm afraid that you're right about the RB crop for the 2019 draft not being very good. But look at the UDFA playing for Denver. There will be some RB taken in a lower round or that will be a UDFA that will make a name for himself. The Jets just have to find him.

Bell is a great player, but he has a lousy attitude and we don't need any locker room lawyers or cancers. I'm not convinced at all that he'd have 3-4 more even good years at a minimum, much less great years. After not playing for a year, he could be very rusty, be more injury prone, or once he signs the big payday, could be just like Mo and dog it. No thanks! Honestly, I'd rather roll with Mark Ingram or Tevin Coleman or TJ Yeldon, along with McGuire, Cannon and Powell and go with RB by committee, and spend our FA money on Edge rusher (2) WR (2), OL (at least one, if not 2-3 including better depth), and maybe a CB or two.

I agree with you regarding LT (not just OL in the top 5, as imo no other OL position is worthy of a top 5 pick), edge rusher in FA (and I like who you mentioned) and maybe the draft, then more OL or a WR.

#41 NCJetsfan, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It did, but Jones played for a team that was run first with a very good offensive line. Those 2007-2009 teams were the base of the back to back AFC championship game run under Ryan. Ingram is a good back, but it’s not like we are serviceable back away.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

So once.

Tomlinson - Sucked.
    Ivory - Mediocre
    Johnson - Bleh
    Forte - Mediocre

RBs generally aren't worth decent money in their late 20s.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Tomlinson didn't suck his first year here, he rushed for over 900 yards. And Ivory was a beast.

5. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Curtis Martin says "Hi"!

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Really have no interest in spending top dollar for a back. You can get a great back in rounds 2-4.

Rather tie up that money in offensive tackles for Sam. Or pass rushers. You just don't throw huge money around to backs who break down

Get the horses up front and they will make Eli McGuire/Crowell/2019 drafted James Connor type look like world beaters

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Its not that they are “ 2nd tier “ guys it’s more that the offense needs real HR threats as you say. Herndon is starting material - I think both the Jets and Herndon would benefit from a 2nd blocking tight end and he may or may not currently be in the roster.

McGuire is decent - kind of a change of pace guy. I don’t consider him a starter but I think he would flourish behind a RB like Bell. Cannon needs some work - not ready to give up on him. You can’t teach the blazing speed he has. I hope he gets some work in the off season on return skills and holding onto the ball. I think he can do real damage as a return guy.

Enunwa is a solid #2 WR. Again - with a solid # 1 WR across the field I think Enunwa becomes more dangerous .

So basically I agree with your assessment . 2 HR threats - one RB and one WR would make a world of difference for Darnold and this offense ...

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

You can almost never go wrong with an ex-saints running back. I guess it depends on the price.

9. HomeoftheJets

Khiry Robinson didn't work out here.

FJF likes this.
  10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Travaris Cadet says hi.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im still on the Levon Bell band wagon....He has been averaging 1200 yards on the ground 8 or 9 tds not to mention catching 85 passess a year for 600 or more yards..The guy is a dynamic play maker.If Mac doesnt sign him he should be fired.He will open up the offense on all levels and it will help Darnold in a major way.Think about the game planning other teams have to do when Bell is on the field..He is a threat no matter where he lines up.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There are not going to be any tackles available,there rarely are. The prospects having a bunch of money to spend is nice, the reality though is there will be 3-4 players tops that will no worth it and that’s optimistic.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Your exaggerating his production somewhat.
    He avgs 1067 yard per season on the ground, 7 rushing TDs per season not 1200 and 8-9 TDs.
    62.4 reception per year not 85, 532 yards not 600 plus. He's a great player with a ton of risk.
    Missed time 80% of his seasons
    Injured 60% of his seasons.
    Suspension 40% of his seasons, next failed piss test is a year on exempt list.
    I won't even go into his off field shit and how he has repeatedly put down the Jets.

Jets81 and PJ4Ever like this.
  14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Mark Ingram is a much better rb, not even debatable. Far better in the passing game too.

15. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Everyone is underrating Ingram. He’s an excellent back who yes is 28 but has far less carries than most 28 year olds. I’d sign him to a 2 year deal if possible.

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene did better for us than Tomilson.

13 years ago.

17. HomeoftheJets

Shonn Greene didn't suck either.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're in charge of keeping things orderly, but I think as long as the discussion centers on the Jets, leave it here IMO. It eliminates having to jump back and forth between forums,

19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

If you're going to do a FA RB it better be for Lev Bell. Otherwise LET ELI, AND TRENT SPIN!!!! ffs.

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's why I mentioned Ex-Saints running backs, they have low wear and tear because they have RB committee there.

NCJetsfan likes this.