New Org. Chart coming!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Maybe try Maxipads.

Calling for banning in 10 posts in a row is a tad....weak.

Just saying.

Btw, my post here was 100% football related.

Sorry if it makes you butt hurt.

Maybe put me on ignore?

So that I don’t upset your feminine wiles?

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And I couldn't imagine that such big bucks entities would lock themselves into eternal damnation in such a place as MetLife Stadium so I did a bit of Googling. According to Wikipedia the current lease is for a term of 25 years with options to extend for terms that could reach 97 years - so there!

But - and this is a big BUT - after fifteen years either team can give twelve months notice of their departure and move elsewhere. Since the stadium was first used in 2010 that could make an early departure by 2025 possible but another site indicates the current lease expires in 2032, meaning it began in 2007 when construction got underway. That means the Jets could conceivably pull the plug in 2022 and be playing elsewhere in 2023.

Do I hear "Sunnyside Yards Stadium," Mr. Bezos?

#102 Ralebird, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This thread is worthless without pics

TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I was never on the Bowles train. He ws nothing special as a player and a assistant coach. Thought the Jets panicked and picked him and with Casserly being a former Redskins GM that clouded his judgement. Now about Macc I'm conflicted. He was Executive of the Year and there was not one person that didn't think we got that right finally. Now how much of his draft picks were Bowles wanting certain player to run his whack defense or Macc forcing players on Bowles? That we may not find out. How much were the issues with Wilkerson and Richardson, Bowles not being able to deal with players? If Macc stays he needs to have a buffer between him and Johnson.

5. boozer32

Where would they play until 2023? Stadium development had to be on the drawing board like 3 years ago. You have to grease the palms of all the scumbag politicians, union dirtbags. Then where would they build said stadium?

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good work and thanks!

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The only rationale to keeping Mac is Bowles is such a worthless coach it would be unfair to judge Mac’s picks under Bowles’ guidance.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That would be like 100 Cessnas over Shea stadium

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Macs team building philosophies consist of
    A: Trade low pick for big name aging veteran past his prime get 1 good season out of them then cut or trade.Always makes him look good in the short term.

B: Draft best player available instead of filling a need which hasnt worked at all.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yup he's the worst of both worlds.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Fixed for you.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The BPA approach works when you have a once in a lifetime pick fall into your lap. Example: in 1998, when Randy Moss fell to the Vikings, they felt he was too good a talent to pass up, despite already having one of the best receiving corps in the league and not really needing a receiver at the moment. Obviously, that was an excellent choice.

But when there are other highly talented prospects that would fill actual needs...well the answer should be obvious. The Jets only drafted the BPA once; other times they drafted positions that weren't even of immediate need. As has been pointed out, there has been next to no attempt to build an offense, and they want to stack their defensive line while ignoring their LB corps.

So here's what needs to be done in the 1st round of the draft:

1) If the best player in the draft falls to them, and he's actually a blue chip prospect, draft him. If he's likely to be the guy around whom they want to build their team, or is at least going to be a huge piece in that puzzle, he's worth it, maybe even if there are other needs on the team.

2) If he's simply the best player available at the time, but nothing beyond that, draft the best player that fills a need.

3) If the best player that fills a need is likely not worth your current draft position, trade down, pick up some extra picks, and get the guy later in the round.

4) The most important thing to remember is this: The 1st round of the draft is the best of that year. Your 1st round pick is supposed to be a major part of your team's long term success. They aren't supposed to be used for filling specialty roles, or simply adding more talent to your bench. If you can't see his face on a Wheaties box or selling you Under Armor, he's probably not first round material.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Like mos people I had never heard of Todd Bowles until his name was floated as a potential HC of the Jets. So I took a wait and see attitude.

I'll cut Macc some slack due to his overwhelming search for a FQB. Macc knew that the most important thing was to get a QB. He wasted a ton of time, meeting, $'s, etc making getting a QB his #! focus. At least he recognized the immense need and didn't try to right out Christian Hackenberg for 4 years, like a lot of teams do when they take a QB high in the draft.

But now that Macc's focus has switched 180 degrees from QB search to Team Building at all levels, I want to see what he can do over the next 2-3 seasons.

It's a new era!

Ralebird, boozer32 and Attackett like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

There isn't a single GM in the history of the NFL who would have stuck with Hack for 4 years.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

My point is that Macc recognized early his picks weren't good enough and he moved on and kept trying....Cousins, Teddy, Fitz, McCown, on and on. Macc spent so much time and resources getting us our own Sam Darnold that he can move on now and focus on team building. That's all....

16. HomeoftheJets

Re-signing Bradford, signing Daniels, and trading up for Wentz in a single offseason is a big investment. Trading up for Mahomes when you already have a good QB in Alex Smith is a big investment. Signing cheap journeymen, blowing a couple non-first rounders, and failing to sign a big-name free agent isn't a big investment. The Darnold trade and selection was a big investment, but you can't give Mac credit for something that hasn't panned out yet.

Also now that we have Darnold I don't care about Mac's QB prowess. Because he'll never make a big QB decision again. I care about how he'll build the rest of the team, and his draft record is really bad.

17. boozer32

Yes, Macc has gotten us a future FQB. But his draft record is sub-par . He has whiffed on almost every 1st round pick. His 2nd round rick has fell into the curse of previous Jets GM's and yielded nothing including this year's 2nd round pick. His free agent signing are awful and he gave Brian Winters 30 million when no one else would have. His best work has come in the 6th and 7th rounds and UDFA signings. That is not the blueprint for building a franchise. The Jets are in dire need of some high end talent.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

adios mac, bring in reggie mckenzie!!!

TwoHeadedMonster and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

True

Honestly I think a better, more offensive minded staff would find ways to make better use of guys for example...like Trenton Cannon. Or get more out of Leggett. I really don't know but I want to find out. Maybe a better staff could've made players out of Hansen and Stewart.

20. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Forget the Hack pick we got Darnold now

The Hack pick was a risk worth taking. Wasn't like there was a whole bunch of amazing players taken around those spots in the draft that we missed out on by taking Hackenberg. The pick was a bust but we were not set back by him being a bust

Yea I'd rather have Deion Jones too. But we'd be in the same place we are today if we selected him. Or Vonn Bell. Or Cyrus Jones

MoWilkBeast likes this.