Best Team in the NFL?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Sorry to disappoint, I don't think the Pats are good enough to make it to the Super Bowl.

2. Patriot

"Getting an edge doesn’t include having an orchestrated scheme to deflate footballs." I can say with more than 70% confidence they are probably guilty of this, my other 30% would argue Ideal Gas Law. But the Wells report had a lot of holes in it and the case was extremely weak. Having said that look into the history of balls being inflated with higher pressure to give kickers an advantage. At best they should have been fined for a rules violation, but as we all know there was politics involved.

"Or routinely jam headsets." Headsets are controlled by the NFL and they are famous for not working. This is another example of a perpetual lie that continues to be repeated.

"Or repeatedly film walk-throughs or sidelines after warnings not to." The Patriots were guilty of filming sidelines not walk-throughs. The reporter who wrote the filming of the Rams walk-through recanted or retracted the story. But the lie of filming the Rams walk-throuhs continues.

"The Patriots built their fake dynasty on a shit-pile of massive fraud." The league is a pile of shit and fraud, why can't anyone address my PED question? Does this not make the NFL as bad as Barry Bonds?

3. Patriot

So in the nature of having a discussion, isn't the NFL as culpable as Barry Bonds when one considers PEDS? Why does the NFL get a pass, but MLB doesn't. To me this is extremely hypocritical of both the media and the fans who are mental slaves of the NFL media.

4. Patriot

They have a great team this year and Brees is having an MVP season. Many of the Patriot fans don't like Brees because he may be a serious threat to Brady's goat status.

The fact that a so called to short to be QB has excelled at this position is great. I would have no problem seeing the Saints win another Super Bowl.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

OK, I'll address it for you, Julian Edelman. I don't think anybody really disputes that. What people do dispute are Patriots fans deep state of denial about the systemic and systematic serial cheating by the classy New England Patriots and that their 'legacy' is one huge stain. Like that one honorable Cheats fan that I mentioned in an earlier post, fans of other teams wouldn't be so derisive about the cheating label if people just admitted it instead of getting defensive, mortally offended, wave it off like a fly at a picnic, or the good old standby that you already used: everybody does it, without actually admitting just what it is that everybody else does. Just because you're doing 90 in a 30 and you don't get pulled over and get a ticket doesn't mean you didn't speed.

Take some comfort in the fact that the Cheats are going to demolish the Jets on Sunday. By the way, there wasn't a Jets fan in the house that didn't immediately comment, laugh, or smirk during Sam Darnold's presser after the Lions game when he mentioned that his headset was having issues. Cuz ya know, Matt Patricia . . . who did he used to work for again? Let's just say the Cheats name is always without fail in the conversation whenever something untoward or suspicious happens.

#85 jetophile, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  6. Patriot

Ok we can both agree Julian was a PED cheat. But he was stupid enough to get caught because most players don't get caught. So how about Peyton Manning and the PEDs he claims were for his wife and not him? The NFL media went out of its way to crush that story and protect Manning. Can I tell you for sure the percentage of NFL players on PEDs? No, but I am not naïve to think that Manning and Edelman are the only ones.

You wanted to put an * on Barry Bonds. Why not the NFL? Should not all the records in both the NFL and MLB get the * while we are considering this since PEDs are so obvious here?

As to the Pats Jets game, I will not take great pleasure in seeing the Jets lose because I am both a Pats and Jet fan. What disappoints me is nobody seems to give a shit about this game.

If the Jets were to win, I would actually be very happy for them. Besides to be honest I am a little pissed at the Pats this season for reasons I will not bore you with. So oddly enough there is a side of me that may want the Jets to beat the Pats to teach some of their spoiled coaches and players a lesson.

7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I agree, and I think if Brees wins the MVP and the Super Bowl, he goes down as the #2 QB of this generation. He is better than Peyton and Rodgers, he throws the ball better than anyone, etc.

He shows up in the playoffs to, if you look at his postseason losses in San Fransisco and Minneosata, he play phenomenally and lost due to freak situations. I always thought if they hadn't choked up to the 49ers, they would have smashed the Giants the following week and won the Super Bowl, same with last year, if they had gotten ahold of the Eagles they would have won.

Right now they control it all, as long as they win out they will secure home field advantage and will go to the Super Bowl.

8. jetophile

Plenty of Jets players have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar (PEDs), yet all I keep hearing about the Cheats serial cheating is . . .

Just own it. It will liberate your soul.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. Patriot

I think the level or accusations made by some about how much the Patriots cheat is exaggerated. For example, it is almost impossible for the Patriots to affect the sideline communications the NFL uses. The equipment is operated and owned by the league. I could go into the science of it since I am an electrical engineer, but I truly don't want to bore you. The side line communications used by the NFL sucks and is constantly failing. The reason why for example during the Steeler's Pats game that the radio broadcast of the Patriots was being picked up is probably due to a faulty filter or receiver tuning circuit. If for example the Patriots would have taken the radio broadcast and retransmitted at the sideline communication frequency band, not only would they have been violated NFL rules, they would be violating FCC rules and face criminal prosecution. This attempt would have been pretty obvious to detect by the FCC and others, so it did not happen. The NFL even admitted they were at fault but the Patriot haters continued on how they messed with the headsets.

As a Patriots fan I do find it humorous that anytime something goes wrong, it must be the Patriots.

So in a nutshell I am saying they do cheat, but nowhere near the level being suggested by many of you paranoid Patriot haters.

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Right now, the whole league is WIDE OPEN, this is the most open I have seen it in years. I don't think their is any lock in either conference, I still favor the Saints but this depends on if they get home field advantage. I think Dallas and Chicagos defense are very good and are both capable of winning big games.

The AFC, right now still goes through Kansas City but I don't trust them in the playoffs. New England is probably still the favorite to reach it the Super Bowl but it just so wide open. How about the Chargers? or the Colts?....

Its looks like its going to be a solid playoffs.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Chargers and Cowboys are good value bets to make that Superbowl IMO. Dallas has a terrific run game and that D is no joke. If Dak doesn't turn the ball over like he did yesterday they are a scary team. As for San Diego? If they can somehow catch KC for the division (they play this Thursday), they have a legit shot as well. They get after the QB, that backend is pretty good, and that offense is as dynamic as can be. Gordon needs to stay healthy though. If they are the WC team I can't see them going into Foxboro AND Arrowhead to get to the Superbowl.

12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Man I hope the Chargers win it all, then the Eli - Rivers debate is over.

If the Chiefs lose to them, I think the Chiefs lose in Seattle. We shall see.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Trubisky is holding that Bears offense back, more than likely be the reason why they lose in the playoffs. Can't wait for the Chargers-Chiefs game. NFL is wide open right now. Rams taking a step back as of late.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. jetophile

^That game is gonna be a doozy. Who do you like for it and who do you want?

15. dawinner127

It looks like Tyreek Hill will be out. They are saying his foot injury is pretty bad and it's a short week. I want the Chargers to win and I would love to see them win the entire thing. I think they play great football with how they get after the QB and I think they are extremely balanced on offense. They can run all over you or throw the ball down the field. Rivers deserves this one.

16. 101GangGreen101

I really like the Chargers in this game, I also want them to win the AFC and get Rivers and Gates a ring. They should dominate the Chiefs, but Mahomes will keep them in the game. On paper it looks like a mismatch.

- Chargers have an excellent pass-rush, they will try and keep Mahomes in the pocket.
    - Chargers will be able to control the clock with the run game especially if Melvin Gordon returns. Other end, the Chiefs cannot run the ball. Time of possession should favor the Chargers big time.
    - Rivers should be able to make plays on that Chiefs secondary.
    - Derwin James vs Travis Kelce will be a huge match-up, I think the Chargers secondary might be able to limit the big plays from the Chiefs TE. Derwin is the best safety not named Jamal Adams in the NFL today.

17. dawinner127

Chargers also have Bosa back who did not play in the first matchup

18. jetophile

You know who Dan Fouts is rooting for, that's for sure. It should be a great and fun game, and I'm tuning in for sure. I mean, it'll actually be like watching PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL!

19. 101GangGreen101

He's been bashing the Chargers ever since their move to LA. Probably rooting for the Chiefs!

20. jetophile

Huh, that's surprising. I thought otherwise. Fouts played for the Chargers his entire career, so that's kind of a head scratcher no matter where they moved. Oakland Raiders, LA Raiders, LA Chargers, San Diego Chargers, LA Rams, St. Louis Rams, Baltimore Ravens, Houston Oilers, pass the aspirin. It gives me a headache. :/