Week 15: Houston Texans @ New York Jets (Saturday 4:30 pm)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Playing on Saturday against 9-4 Texans. I hope to see a great Darnold performance and don't care about a win or a loss. Draft will figure itself out. Let Darnold shine and gain confidence for the upcoming season. Oh, Bowles still suck.

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

3. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I want more Saturday games, I can stay up all night and watch 'em. I realise I'm in an understandable minority. Go SSD!

4. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Its ok now, but not during the NCAA College Season - my Saturday viewing is already arranged from College Gameday to the actual games

donkey likes this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind that as well, especially if we could trade those dreadful Thursday Night games for ones on Saturday instead.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As long as those color mush unis are buried forever, I'm good with thursdays, fridays or saturdays

7. jets_fan

Agreed. Will say, though, that I like the Jets all-white color rush "alternative" jerseys. It might be my eyes playing tricks on me, but they look like they're a brighter or a sharper white than they usually wear.

Every other color rush uniform, though, you're 100% right. They should be buried somewhere and forgotten about forever.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

They're the same jerseys, but they make the fasemasks white instead of green. Plus sometimes they go with all-white socks instead of white with green stripes.

9. jets_fan

Maybe it's just because I'm expecting something brighter because of the "color rush" angle and my eyes see what they want to see. Could have sworn they were brighter, but I'm not going to even pretend that I have any idea in the slightest about the specifics of it.

Thanks for the info. :)

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

So happy with what we got from Darnold in the 2nd half today. I'd love to see more of that (minus INT's) even if we lose.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Even though the Jets are beyond dead at (4-9), they still factor in to the playoffs these last 3 weeks. They play the Texans this week and the Patriots Week 17. An upset of either could ruin their playoff positioning and possibly even cost them a Bye. So the Jets may be out, but will still be a part of important games to end the season.

Hopefully Sam continues to improve and the team gains confidence to spring them forward into the 2019 season. Houston should win, but a dome team coming on the road in a short week, never know. Jets could find a way to win 2 in a row.

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Those all green jerseys are awful, the all white ones are clean though

Cman68 likes this.
  13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

If Darnold goes into Foxborough in late December and wins his first game against the Patriots, ripping a first round bye away from NE and becoming the first rookie to win in Gillette in the Belichick era, anyone who complains about draft positioning is nuts.

NYJ79, Ptflea2, kevda5n9ne and 9 others like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

As long as Bowles (and Mac too but I'm not going to get my hopes up) are fired anyway, I'm cool with that.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If Sam does that I will do the dumbest thing ever and become a Jets season ticket holder due to future being bright. Not kidding. I know @CBG will kill me for that but that’s OK. I have waited for a franchise QB so long, I won’t mind spending my hard earned money.

16. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Truth

In all honesty

All I want this year is Sam to do well (and the kids) and beat the Pats.

I was watching KC game and Pats game this Sunday.

Pats up late, Chiefs losing on 4th down late.

I was so upset that the Pats just clinched 1st seed..... but amazing turn of events. Was like Christmas this Sunday! Sam rally, Pats choke

Brook! likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I just want Sam and his foot to survive until next season and not become a chronic issue.

NYJetsO12, Leicester Jet and Brook! like this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm gonna Roger that Cman. Shoe Booty better not have this thing turn into a constantly looming spechter. Groin, hammy, and ankles/feet can be really tricky. I haven't heard anything else today so far. If someone stumbles across an update, please post.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Patriots week 17 as well. That could have serious ramifications for them. Playing spoiler sucks of course but if you have the opportunity, ya might as well take advantage of it

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm unclear what you mean. Why would it suck? It would be delightful if the Jets could somehow manage to rain on the Cheats parade. And I don't mean the Super Bowl Parade. C'mon, Sam, stick it to them. I'll give you five bucks.

Big Cat, SOJAZ and The Dark Knight like this.