Bowles certainly gone after the season - La Canfora

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Beki, Dec 2, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If they win out they should at least consider the possibility of bringing him back.

7-9 would show progress from the past two seasons and the team didn't quit on him when they easily could have.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

No they shouldnt .....Bowles shouldnt come back under any circumstance.One win doesnt cross out 6 straight losses.Not to mention all the 4th qtr leads we blew.Fuck Bowles

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This is an offensive league and we finally have a QB worthy of the monicker Franchise QB.

We need to get this franchise into the 21st century and hire an offensive minded HC.

Bowles must go.

4. WarriorRB28

I hear what you guys are saying.

Only if they win out. I'd be fine with Bowles staying, firing Bates and getting a more capable OC in here the offense looked just fine in 2015 with Gailey.

Possibly change the DC too.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The all white uniforms had more to do with the win than Bowles did. They won in spite of Bowles.

And not to anoint Sam for the HOF, but with any other QB they've had since Pennington, they lose this game. He was't great, but he was good enough when it counted, and that's what QBs who become great do.

BTW: The NY Post "score card" that gave Bowles a "B" is blind homerism. I wish I had teachers who graded like that when I was in school!

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No. The number one priority is to turn Darnold into a good QB. Because whatever happens in the next couple years will determine our success for the next decade plus. Say we hire someone who does a great job developing Darnold but is a bad coach otherwise. Then we can fire him and still have a franchise QB for his successor. But if Bowles ruins Darnold it's back to QB hell.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. LongIslandBlitz

Im gonna look into having you traded to another Jets forum...Imagine if Woody Johnson is reading this right now..

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Retaining Bowles would go down as one of the all-time blunders this franchise has made. It would be overlooking the fact that he struggles severely at making in-game adjustments, has on more than one occasion prepared the team for the wrong opposing QB, is conservative to the point of being inert, has no idea how to manage his timeouts or the clock in general, and the list could keep on going. Not to mention the losing culture that has set in with this franchise on his watch. He has to go.

NYJetsO12, fggrimes, Ralebird and 3 others like this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

I mean this roster is a joke on paper but still...I remember the year Rex went 8-8 with Geno at QB and his top WR was Clyde Gates

10. WarriorRB28

I'm seeing progress in Darnold. Today was big for him.

Bowles is likely gone but if the team wins out here in 2018 it wouldn't be a easy decision to just fire him.

IF the team wins out.

11. LongIslandBlitz

4 years of not making the playoffs....I rest my case.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. WarriorRB28

That isn't stopping MacCagnan from coming back.

13. LongIslandBlitz

Rex got fired after 4 years with no playoff appearances and he went to back to back title games.Rex actually did something and got fired after 4 years of nothing.Bowles hasnt done anything except miss the playoffs his first year.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mac needs to go too.

15. ColoradoContrails

You need to seriously go back and objectively review Bowles's track record. And even include today. The team was ill-prepared - AGAIN! - for the QB they were playing against. He allowed Darnold's hands to be tied up until the very end when he was desperate. He didn't call a time out before the first half when he knew the Jets would be receiving the kick off and Roberts was giving the Bills defense fits! Sure, there was a good chance he wouldn't have returned it for a TD, but why simply concede that? THAT was vintage Bowles - a quitter. Do you remember the Broncos game last year when he gave up and simply tried to keep from being embarrassed? That was the game that Morton outed Bowles for quitting - and likely was the reason he got fired and we got "Walk About Gates" as OC - which on the Jets "OC" stands for Offensively Challenged.

Bowles has provided ample evidence to show that he will NEVER be a SB-caliber coach. The Jets need to cut that cord right now and not look back.

16. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

We had 3 penalties in the first 3 minutes of the game.

17. ColoradoContrails

And almost a 100 yards in penalties for the game!

The team won IN SPITE OF the coaching.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am beyond shocked that people are actually typing that Bowels should be retained = its like an episode of the Twilight Zone --> fire them both !

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You are either ignorant or having been paying attention at all. No real Jets fan who understand anything at all about the game would want Bowles back. GTFO GO root for Buffalo. That would be the worst possible thing that could happen.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He deserves a permaban for that stupid opinion and post.

NYJetsO12 likes this.