Week 14: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 2, 2018.

1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Well, our draft position is worse but we are one step closer to knowing we have a great quarterback. But I know, you guys want to be miserable, I understand.

Jets69, westiedog1, Kris 15 and 2 others like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Darnold could easily throw a couple picks next week in a loss and then the bust crowd will spam the board.

Kris 15 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Got the score wrong

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

way too early too tell about a great QB. still a ways to go but at least we can go into an offseason WITHOUT having to figure out who is playing QB for this team. i dont think folks realize how much that matters to a team. geez sometimes i dont think the actual teams realize how much that matters.

Kris 15 and Longsuffering88 like this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

For real? No Christmas card for him! Who actually had the guts to say that? I need names and addresses. That's hilarious.

6. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

I have a theory. After playing video games for countless hours, you start to realize that colors that contrast catch your attention a lot faster. 2-4 seconds to progress through your read, with guys wanting to smash yer head in, added with pants the same color as the field and eh.

Probably horseshit but it makes me think sometimes

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Either Ian Eagle or Dan Fouts haha. Not familiar with whose voice is whose.

8. HomeoftheJets

It would be interesting to run the numbers on that. The thing is though in recent years, given our win percentage, our home record has been better than expected and our road record has been worse than expected. And we usually wear green at home. Also I don't think the Packers struggle at Lambeau, and they wear green only at home (i.e. their pants are always yellow).

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Macc isn't exactly a draft wizard anyway. I don't know if he could do anything productive other than trade back. I don't think any team will for a 5th rd or lower though.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Darnold is for real and is improving...that's all I can honestly take away from this

Sorry... but we need to lose out and bump Bowles at the end of December...call me a half baked Fan with full on 50 year burn out lol

This win resembled last years KC victory..meh with a bad taste in your mouth because drafting that OL come April is harder

Cman68 likes this.
  11. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Yeah its probably horseshit, like I said. I'm not gonna lie, my mind sometimes wanders into crazy shit like that. But I can't deny what I've experienced either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the #metoo movement is going to have a plethora of new members tonite.

Drunken Bills fans losing to the Jets is not a good thing for marital bliss.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

hilarious

14. jetophile

Sweet! Please do fill me in on the delusional complaining, we were robbed, the refs are out to get us, Gronkcheatski didn't hold or push off, the crying. Especially the crying. I anxiously await your response. Thanks, buddy.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I think Darnold was the difference in this game, period. He made plays, something that was clearly lacking from the backup QB in the last three games. There is hope the Jets can build a winning team around Sam. However, among other needs, the Jets need to go in a different direction at backup QB.

Pepsiguy5 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Big-time win for us. Totally changes the course of our future. We are looking at sunny days ahead rather than doom and gloom. Ending up with Darnold over Allen is a gift.

Oh and it was nice beating the Bills yesterday too.

17. jetophile

My guess is that it was probably Eagle. Hahaha. I'm gonna have to try to hunt that one down. Nobody - and I mean NOBODY - in broadcasting calls them out. I don't know, fear of retribution? Denied access to the team? Loss of gigs? It's bs. Too bad it wasn't someone doing a game with that insufferable sycophant, Jim Nantz or that other Cheats puppet, Collinsworth. That would've been absolutely priceless. I'd actually pay to hear/see that.

Probably the funniest thing I ever heard live was when John Madden was announcing an away Jets pre-season game on TV. It was a really long time ago (2005?). Madden said on live TV to Al Michaels (there was no delay and it was clear as crystal), "Well, it looks like he really shot his wad on that one." There was stunned silence and they couldn't do anything about it. Hahahaha, AWKWARD. I almost spit out my ice-cold Pepsi. I couldn't believe that no-one on here besides me picked up on it, but I sure as hell posted about it. After that one or two people chimed in and said, "I thought there was something wrong with my hearing." As it turns out, Madden actually unwittingly used it correctly, it's just that the older, original meaning has fallen into disuse and everyone now associates it with, um, well . . .

18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

When I posted last week that the Jets will win this game if they keep Allen in the pocket I did not realize how good the Bill's defense is. They are having an historic season on defense especially against the pass. They also have some good young OL. There is reason to be excited in Buffalo except they need a QB but until Allen gets hurt he will be dangerous running the ball even if he continues to be unable to throw from the pocket. He runs with physicality I have not seen in a QB but takes so many big hits.

This was a quality win for us against a very good team.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I listened to the Buffalo talk radio this morning for laughs. Actually it wasn't that salty unfortunately and they had nice things to say about Darnold. However - the host said about Allen. and I quote "There is NO correlation that the more a QB runs the ball, the more likely he will get hurt. It is proven to be a myth" Which obviously is one of the most dumbass things I've heard on talk radio in a long time.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

In all fairness, Buffalo isn't a very good team. They're better than their record because Peterman cost them games, but they're still mediocre. If we go into the Houston game thinking we've got it figured out, they'll destroy us.