Who is going to coach the Jets with a lame duck G.M?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlexJETS, Dec 4, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with all except trading down a few times in the first round. That's just being greedy. It doesn't pay to trade down several times. We need quantity, but we also need quality. Just any old LT won't do. We need a quality LT to protect Sam's blind side. We also need a quality edge rusher. If we trade down several times, we won't get either.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Have you not read what Mac's record is in the draft and FA? There's no way we can afford to let him do any more grocery shopping, and I wouldn't want him hiring the new HC. He couldn't even convince the Johnsons that he was right and that Bowles was incompetent and wrong, or outsmart Bowles.

3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yet again

Attacking / bullying posters

Zero sports info

Ban time

rinvesto likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

There you go if you want to edit your original post, click image and paste this into it, https://media.giphy.com/media/d5mI2F3MxCTJu/giphy.gif and all good :)

FJF likes this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

You sound angry.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He has a point, there are loads of sack Macc threads in various forms, the OP's thoughts are just that and could have been posted in the already existing threads, some folk have a bit of look at me look at me syndrome and like to start threads of already existing topics, it seems to make their points more valid, it happens on every single message board the world over.

#86 K'OB, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    FJF, MoWilkBeast and Ralebird like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There is not going to be a head of football operations.
    There is not going to be a president of football operations.
    There is not going to be a vice president of football operations.
    There is not going to be a director of football operations.
    There is not going to be a honcho of football operations.
    There is not going to be a big kahuna of football operations.
    Get the message?
    It makes too much sense to have someone in charge driving the bus when cruise control has proven it can drive off the cliff on its own.
    If there was going to be such a position created it would have happened already.
    The Jets are doomed to their Ground Hog Day existence.

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

And the same people say the same things in each of those threads with barely an original thought in between. It's nearly as tedious as watching the Jets play.

FJF and K'OB like this.
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Mac is gonna get another chance based upon how God awful the coaching has been. One has to figure getting much better coaching will make Mac not look a total failure. I don't think Brady, Gurley, OBJ, Kelce and the Seahawks offensive line would do good with Bates at OC. Lol

10. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

The danger with Maccagnan is that a desperate GM is a dangerous GM. If he survives, he will be on the hot seat next year. With all that cap room, there is the danger that he will make quick-fix moves that may save his job but that will hurt the franchise in coming years. By quick-fix moves, I mean overpaying for players and giving multi-year contracts to players who have maybe one good year left. It would take a large pair of balls for a GM on the hot seat to ignore his job status and do what is right for the long-term interests of the franchise even if that might ultimately cost him his job. So, even if he put aside the issue of Maccagnan's competence (or lack thereof), there is the danger that his self-interest will skew his judgment.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Oh thank you so much for making this thread, I had no idea Mac was a shot for brains GM until reading it on TGG.

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I've only been saying this on here for over a year now. Irreparable damage can be caused by Mac this offseason that will set this franchise back even further. Just say no to Mac, cut the cord now and start fresh. Bring in a big-time GM or a big-time HC and let them build this thing the right way.

HomeoftheJets likes this.