Anybody got Madden 19?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Zach, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Is it worth a try?

I am interested because it's released on PC for the first time in a decade or so.

What kind of improvement is here? In terms of game play? Or game mechanic?

[Graphic improvement is about the least important one for me so spare that.]

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So I tried Madden 19

It does have SOME improvements here and there, but overall, it is still the same piece of shit trash it was ages ago, and probably it will stay that way.

The thing with EA sports game is that, they just suck so hard at creating credible simulation. So they have to pull cheap tricks to keep the scoring at least semi-respectable. Is it limited to Madden NFL? Oh hell no. Literally EVERY sports franchise game they make fall into this category. Does the game feel "real" or "natural"? Oh fuck no.

When the opposing DE crosses not one, but TWO OLs - RT and RG all at the same time - to rush your QB from up the middle, you know how stupid and retarded this game is. When the opposing D blitzes you, the rusher WILL get to your QB in less than 1 sec after the snap. Nothing works. [Maybe it's one of these All-Madden perks, but I really think this game is not good at all.]

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mods could make Madden 19 a much better experience since you have it for the PC

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Indeed.

P.S. I have learned from my short experience that Jets offense playbook is the best one for me.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

This is my short review on Madden 19.

===============================

1. Blocking in general is an absolute trash - and I'm not being fair to "absolute trash" by comparing it to Madden 19 blocking.

When your blockers engage, they double-team the DL, and let a free rusher come crashing in to the backfield at all times. There is no such thing as zone blocking whatsoever. Neither does man-blocking exist here. It is an absolute garbage.

To give you a breakdown: in zone-blocking scheme, your OLs engage in double-team at first, then one of the blockers move up and engage the LB in the second line. This is how any zone blocking scheme works. On the other hand, in man-blocking scheme, your blocker engages the man in front of you; one blocker for one rusher. F/B 3-4 had to have big bulky ILBs because the OGs would eat any smaller ILBs alive all game.

Now in Madden 19, the blocking scheme is a strange combination of the two, just to make sure it does the most retarded thing at all times.

Case 1: RG and RT engages the charging LDE in 3-4; and the LDE crosses the face of both of them and charge at your QB from the inside. Time on hand: Approximately 0.5 seconds.

Case 2: Your TE/LT, C/LG and RT/RG each engage the 3 DLs, and just ignore the charging ILBs. Time on hand: Approximately 0.3 seconds.

Case 3: Goal line situation. Your OLs create a crease, through which the charging ILB gleefully fly in to tackle your RB. Time on hand: Approximately 0.3 seconds.

Case 4: Hard-charging DEs just "bounce" off your LT/RT and come straight at your QB. Time on hand: Approximately 0.8 seconds.

Case 5: LT/LG engages the charging RDE. The RDE makes a strange tai-chi circle move and splits BOTH to get the QB. Time on hand: Approximately 0.5 seconds.

Bullshit like this occurs all game long. Okay - it is supposed to be "all madden" difficulty and whatnot, but if that's what is happening, at least return the favor when the user is playing defense too.

[If you didn't notice yet - you just cannot rush the passer like the "All Madden" AI rushers get you.]

2. Haphazard penalty call.

No flag on obvious holding - i.e. when your rusher is "dragged" into the blocker opposite of the ball carrier for instance. And you get flagged for holding when you least expect it.

Or - jamming the receivers well past the jam zone. [Holding call + 1st down is the normal procedure. Not in Madden 19]

3. Stupid simulation

So I pinned them down inside their 5. I let the sim take care of the punting - only to find I am starting inside MY 5. That's a fucking 90 yard punt. What the fuck?

==============================================================

These are my biggest gripes. This game is an absolute garbage. NFL should allow competition. We do deserve better than this trash.

#6 Zach, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018