So tired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RZKYBZNZ, Dec 6, 2018.

1. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Hey at least that means that you've seen them get to the top. Would it suck if I were 65+ instead of 39 and had to watch 5 decades of this shitshow instead of just 3? Of course...but that's 3 decades with nothing to show for it, instead of 5 decades and memories of triumph. I won't jump ship (if I did it would be to stop watching the NFL entirely), but I'm starting to wonder if this team will ever get it together under current ownership, and that could mean another 20 years of bullshit.

2. RZKYBZNZ

RZKYBZNZ New Member

To be honest, I am 48. I wasn't even born when they won back in '69. Grew up on Long Island and loved the Jets. My friend's father was the Defensive Coordinator for the Jets from 1981 - 1984 (Joe Gardi). I followed them faithfully. But then the '90s came and I was introduced to a defensive goliath. His name was Derrick Thomas. I was amazed at his speed and strength! And, so began my journey into loving the "Red and Yellow". I was a closet Chiefs fan for a long time while still loving my NY Jets. But, when is it enough? I don't want to stop loving the Jets, but when they continue to disappoint and destroy dreams, it is hard to stay faithful. I know that the Chiefs have not won any championships in my lifetime, but since 1990, they have been in the playoffs 15 times. The Jets? Only 8 times. What does that mean? It means that at least you can get excited to watch a Chiefs game because they put quality on the field. Can't really say that about the Jets. Sorry to say.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Long time Jet fan here. I started going to the games when I was 5. I am 50 now and have always remained loyal and always will. I just want to see them win once in my lifetime. I was baby in 69 so that doesn't count, although my Dad said that was the greatest sports year of his life with both the Jets and Mets winning it all. I have seen my Yankees win, I have seen my Islanders win, but not the Jets.

NCJetsfan and RZKYBZNZ like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Time is not on your side Greg... :)

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I know but what can I do. I will never switch teams so I just keep hoping they can win one before I am taking a dirt nap.

NYJ79 and Cman68 like this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I was in my mid teens when The Mets, Jets and Knicks all won championships. I just assumed many more would follow. There were moments of good and even a few championship runs. The Mets had the great 86 season.

I ended up becoming a Yankee fan when I lived in Boston. There wasn't inter-league play and there was no way I'm rooting for Boston. When I returned to NYC the company I worked for had season tickets to the Yankees. I have been lucky enough to enjoy multiple World series victories in the Stadium. I absolutely love Yankee Stadium both the old and new. In spite of that, Of all the Championship and wonderful live sporting events I have enjoyed the 1969 Mets was without a doubt the most enjoyable and memorable of all of them. Those 3 beautiful fall day games at Shea stadium were so improbable and magical because of all the losing that proceeded it.

Buck up, hang in there. There is no guarantee that it will ever happen. If it does it will be a magic moment of pure joy. You can't get that when you expect that.

I encourage hating the ownership and management as a healthy outlet for the frustration. Fans should love the game, love sport and competition. As fans we have no real control over the results. You do have control over how much the losing or winning colors our mood and worldview. If it's killing you move on. If you can stand it, while there's no guarantee of being rewarded, if you are it will be worth it all...

This season marks 50 years without a VLT Trophy. Wear it as a badge of honor.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, Cub fans almost made 100 years so I guess we shouldn't complain.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Joe Gardi was a terrific coach for us. Your post jumped out at me because a few years ago while vacationing in Beach Haven NJ, I was sitting along the bay at sunset and noticed the bench I was sitting on was dedicated to none other than Joe Gardi - by his family. I'm sure you know something about that. As a long time fan who knew who he was, I was thrilled by that.

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

My first thought when reading that comment. You should do sarcasm more often! Well done

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Best scenario is the jets Lose Every game left this season,,, Fire macc & bowles & Hire a President of Football Operations & have him Hire His GM & then Both of Them can decide on a HC.

ps- Lose Every game with ZERO injuries.

12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Up until now I thought OP thread was a joke

But after Lee

We all need to give probs

This thing is a top 10 shit show of this century

Fire Todd but keep MAC?

Fire them both

I’m at an all time low for this franchise

JetsNation06 likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's as simple as...well, abc.

abc likes this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Because he's just the owner. He shouldn't be involved in day to day operations, especially since he's not a football expert. His biggest error IMO, is hiring GMs and coaches as equal but separate entities. It's a terrible system, they need to let Macc hire the next head coach and have coaching staff accountable to him. I do feel Chris cares more than Woody and is committed to a proper rebuild.

Macc at least seems to learn from his past mistakes. Bowles on the other hand needs to go along with most of the CS.

15. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I think know how you feel. For me it's the Rams. I still love the Jets, but this year I've been following them more and more (because they're on TV more here too, LOL!). It'll keep me going until next year ... again ... :D

Incidentally, the AFC final that year against Oakland was a better game than SB III. I think it's still findable on youtube. I'll never forget that game. It was simply electrifying. The only time anything came that close (for me, anyway) since was the 1980 USA/Soviet hockey game, and the SU hoops win over Kansas in 2003. The Blackhawks win over Boston in 2013 was close. Keep the faith, man. :)