It looks like 3 quarterbacks in the top 10 picks of the 2019 Draft.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Dec 3, 2018.

1. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Great news if true.

3. That Haskins scouting report literally sounds like every OSU QB of the last decade.I havent watched any of him but if it’s accurate why in the world would he be considered a top 10 pick?

abc likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He can actually somewhat read a defense, and in comparison to his predecessors (Cardale Jones, JT Barrett), he is more advanced as a passer. I still think he should return to school, but he's going to go in the top 10 along with Herbert. Call it the Matt Barkley effect. No one really returns to school anymore.

Jets might be able to get a decent trade offer for one of the QBs. Trade down perhaps take Greg Little, grab a 2nd.

Lock and Daniel Jones probably mid-late first, early 2nd.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I've seen him a bit this year but I watched the OSU NW game to watch Thorson and they were absolutely gushing about Haskins.

I don't get it.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i can see one of these guys, but not 3......at this point.

abc likes this.
  7. AlexJETS

Teams that need a quarterback will get desperate.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Physical attributes per usual. Scouts will fall in love.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t think this helps the Jets in any way at this point. If they hold onto the 3 spot or higher it would be best for the Jets for one of them to distinguish themselves from the others and have multiple teams wanting to position themselves to get that one guy.

Worst thing would be for there to be multiple guys very similar to where teams can sit back and get one of them.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  10. AlexJETS

Auburn Quarterback Jarrett's Stidham has declared for the 2019 Draft I hope this helps the Jets.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

A year too late. He costed himself money staying in that Auburn gimmicky system. Hopefully he can make up some of that money during the pre-draft process.

NCJetsfan and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I don’t really see this years crop as having even on guy that’s top ten worthy. I’m sure one or two may go that high given someone the teams that need QBs, but it’s not the type of class you trade multiple picks to grab a QB. If the Jets do manage a trade down I think it’s not going to be the type of deal seen in years past.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Haskins isn't going to be in the NFL Draft. He signed a MLB contract earlier this season. His agent is Scott Boras, and I saw a quote of Boras' a couple of days ago that said that as soon as Ohio St.'s football season is over, Haskins days playing football are over.

I think that Herbert is the only one who will be a top 10 pick, and he might go back to school.

FWIW, CBS Sports has Herbert ranked as the #9 pick. They have Haskins as #34, Daniel Jones of Duke at #36, Will Grier of WVU as #41, and Lock as #47, but that will undoubtedly change following bowl games, all star games and the Combine. They must hate Lock for some reason. I'm a Duke fan, and at one time I was pretty high on Daniel Jones, but no longer. I'll be shocked if he goes before the 3rd round.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You’re thinking of Kyler Murray from OU. Haskins will be in draft if he comes out.

I don’t think this draft is nearly as strong as either of the last two. It’s gonna be fascinating to watch the QB market from afar this year. Lots of teams with needs and very few quality options.

almbleamal and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right. My bad. I read about both of them yesterday and got the two confused. Thanks for the correction.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don’t know why Haskins is getting so much negativity, I have watched a lot of OSU games and he has been very good, he’s not a run first QB.

He always looks to pass, and moves around in the pocket to buy time. Good arm strength and accurate. For those criticizing him because of possibly coming out after one year, Trubisky did it and he’s doing just fine as an NFL QB.

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I legitimately know nothing about any of these QBs, such a refreshing feeling

I enjoyed scouting college QBs, but having one for our own feels significantly better.

KurtTheJetsFan, stinkyB and Harpua like this.
  18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Unimpressive QB class for sure. Drew Lock?? Last Missouri QB they built up like this was Blaine Gabbert.

I don't see any way that 3 of these QB's are going in the top 5, top 10 is a stretch but maybe some desperate franchise reaches. Haskins has the most upside by far but he needs a year or two to mature. Finley and Grier are the only other ones that look decent to me.

This draft class is looking weaker by the day. More of a depth draft year, All the more reason the Jets GM needs to land those crucial post-1st picks with a lot of value there.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This is a weak QB class. Outside of Dline and edge its not a class that has many with all pro potential. It is a class that has some very good depth on the Oline, if not that one super stud. Some think Jonah Williams is but I'm more of the midset he will be good not great.It may not be a home run type of class but there is a lot of potential to build with.

Also dont get stuck on the school a QB went to.Michigan and Pitt don't produce good QBs, outside of those times they produced two of the best QBs ever. Air raid QBs cant transefer to the NFL well, untill guys like Mshomes did it. Eval the player not the school or system. Thats why its such a crap shoot, your making projections when you watch NCAA guys.

stinkyB and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Noone's getting stuck on a school. If you base your evaluation of any prospect on what school they went to, you clearly don't understand what talent evaluation is all about. I was merely pointing out that he was another suspect QB coming out of MIzzou.

It's just not a very good class overall. Like I said a lot of depth this year. That's where the GM makes makes his chops in rounds 2,3 and 4 and finds a gem or two in the process. These are the rounds where Mac has consistently flopped.

Williams looks good but not great. Good measurables but not an overly freakish prospect in terms of size or length. Also his footwork concerns me a bit when dealing with speed rushers which is a red flag. If the Jets can trade down later into the first round and still get a premium edge rusher as well as pick up a 2nd rounder and grab an OL this may be the year to do it.

Harpua likes this.