Bowles certainly gone after the season - La Canfora

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Beki, Dec 2, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Like your analogy. Kinda disgusting but the point was made lol.

CBG likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This pisses me off though. Leonard Williams says "we need discipline." Leonard is a 4th year veteran who was highly drafted, the organization has invested so much in him. Set an example yourself!!! Be a leader. Hold yourself and your teammates accountable on your own.

Leo had 1 tackle yesterday btw. 1

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I think Mac needs to go as well. Why does he get another year to ignore the OL and use all the Monopoly money the franchise has horded by putting this disaster of a team on the field?

I get that bringing in bargain bin free agents is a tactic when you want to save money, but then you get bargain bin performance. Johnson hasn’t exactly lived up to expectations, so do we want him pulling the trigger on multimillion dollar deals this offseason?

It’s time for a clean slate. Use that cap space and a potential franchise QB as a way to attract FO and coaching talent. Change the entire direction of the franchise this offseason, and start now by canning Bowles to set the tone.

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Does it really matter who takes over? Bowles would ride this thing out and every week would be an onslought on him. The media senses blood in the water, the fans want him gone, keeping him here is just prolonging the inevitable. We may not even win another game all season, with or without him. To me, the focus needs to shift away from the notion that getting rid of Bowles is a panic move. The Johnson's endorsing him before the season doesn't mean anything. Situations change, and thus decisions change. In the offseason an owner is going to of course back his coach and GM, but once he sees the results on the field, you pivot to recognize that things didn't go as planned. Christopher Johnson said he wouldn't base the season on wins and losses but on progress, and 3/4 through the season we've regressed rather than progressed.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Not so sure it's a panic move. The entire world knows Bowles is gone after the season and he'd be getting fired after him and his horrendous OC managed to blow a 16 point lead.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Holy Crap, HAH. Brutal.

7. jetophile

His weight caught up to him. They used to send overweight kids to camps of sorts to lose weight. Exercise regimens, fresh air, restricted diet. They were called fat farms back in the 30s and 40s. Leonard Williams parents should send him to a fat farm. My Aunt was sent to one when she was a teenager. She was also one of the very first original members of Weight Watchers of the very first original group. She would lose drastic amounts of weight only to put it back on heavier than before. In the end, she never kept it off. Good luck, Leonard Williams.

8. jetophile

As far as Maccagnan goes, I'm a bit divided, but I don't trust the Johnsons to let someone who actually knows football run the show, that's really the problem. Woody is like those meddling kids in 'Scooby Doo', only he fcks it up. If anyone recalls - which how can you not - Terry Bradway was demoted from GM to some kind of player personnel somethin' somethin'. Well, he was Director of Player Personnel when he was GM, but they kept him on after taking away the GM part and stuck him in some corner office doing who knows what (supposedly in some scouting capacity). After he was finally let go, he screamed for all the world to hear that, "I WANTED RUSSELL WILSON, AND NO-ONE WOULD LISTEN TO ME!!! I WANTED RUSSELL WILSION AND NO-ONE WOULD LISTEN TO ME!!!" It's probably true. So to bring it full circle to Maccagnan, the lone difference is that he did get Darnold, and Bradway, well . . . If that's Maccagnan's swan song and that winds up being his GM legacy if the Jets kick him in his ass, I'm OK with that. As long as Sam turns out well and the Jets don't ruin him, that is.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

He'd probably drop 10lbs just by cutting his hair.

FJF likes this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He did also have a sack wiped out by a penalty ... hes not an all pro but far from the biggest problem right now

FJF likes this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

So much for Bowles getting sh*t canned today. Thanks for nothing Boomer. :mad::mad::mad:

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This has been a talked about issue since the Cleveland disaster and the selfish penalties that Crowell and Tru took. It was obvious then that he had little control of the team and the 6 game skid proves it.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's no secret that the Johnsons are "way behind reality"...that train left the station a long time ago.They're not fooling anyone. They need to fire Bowles NOW and begin their search for his replacement actively, and yes in a PANIC because if they wait they may not be able to get the best guy available. Of course, the best guy available probably wants no part of this dysfunctional franchise, but the Johnsons need to at least try to get him, whoever he is.

boozer32 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The Jets have had people working with Darnold?

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Well, a doctor, at least.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Real or fake? You don't need a real doctor to get a fake boot.

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

But apparently you need a real owner to give a coach a real boot.

I don’t know if he’s injured or not. Nobody does except the Jets.

18. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Sorry they’re both terrible. Mac should be fired as well. Missed too much in rounds 2-4. Don’t trust this guy at all to finish this rebuild. He’s Idzik with better media relations.

19. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

By this theory the Jets should never draft a qb bc they suck.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Was kinda nice to see Boomer get it though.
    He seems a little full of himself at times. Don't hate the guy but ..

NYJFOREVER likes this.