Johnson Brothers are Alienating the Fanbase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

By not taking any action and by not holding anyone accountable they establish a losing culture. By this they are allianating the fanbase. They aren’t the right ownership to lead the Jets. I know they won’t sell the team but they should be reminded of their ineptitude at every platform.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Theres one thing im certain of they are having the time of there life right now.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

You should hire a piper cub toting banner.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This is such a joke of a team. We are run SOOOOO poorly and this is acceptable? They keep running the same shit out there and taking the poor fans money. Sell the team you assholes.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The problem with the Johnsons is they have a lineup of "Yes Men" making decsions instead of people who actually care about the team winning.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They aren't good enough to have established the losing culture.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Trust me, the losing culture is this franchise's most established attribute. It's the one thing we do really well. It's our heritage and identity, born from the misery of so many ugly, humiliating losses that it makes today's loss just another brick in the wall. Have a great night everyone!

twown, jixxjr and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah and they have that stupid power share of the owner, the GM, and the coach. I don't know what other franchises have this type of management structure. It would be one thing if the Johnsons had any football knowledge to bring to the table, but they don't. They need to be as far away from this franchise as possible.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Until there's a marked decrease in attendance, there won't be any chance of the Johnsons selling their cash cow.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm not sure if Macc would be any better at drafting if he was Bowles' boss instead of his peer. We finally have a young QB. Time to get a GM who can build around Darnold and a HC who can put players in a position to succeed.

11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This is not a super bowl team

But with this early schedule, with a legit HC, they are .500 easy.

Coaching matters and clearly the johnsons having not managed ANY thing from the ground up just don’t get how important leadership is. Mushy ass trust fund bitches.

Give me a young George Steinbrenner

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Attendance produces pocket change. The money is in appreciation and they don't get that until they sell. The problem is they don't need the money.

Jets1035 and Cman68 like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You can never have enough money... They may not NEED the money, but unless someone puts a gun to their heads, they damn sure ain't walking away from money. Just like the Wilpons.

14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Giving Bowles and MacCagnan both 2 year extensions after consecutive 5-11 seasons is unbelievable. How can someone who owns a franchise worth over $1B be that stupid? Seriously.

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  15. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Why doesn't the commissioner go something? Anything. This has gone on for way too long. The Yankees are the only decent team in the biggest market. Force them to sell. Fine them 100 million for every game they lose because of stupidity. GB didn't wait long.. What are they thinking. I'd rather see Woody coach than toilet. At least it's be funny

Taps

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Until the Johnson's realize they know nothing about football and step away from any decision making they will be alienating this fanbase. We keep talking about how we hire incompetent coaches and GM's. Well why would anyone with any clout want to come here and have to answer to 2 rich morons? Hire a president of operations who actually knows a thing or two about football and just watch like we do.

They will never get the best guys for the job when they want to intervene and play a rich man's fantasy football.

17. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Amen. As Met fans and Knick fans have learned, their economic leverage with incompetent millionaire owners is exactly zip point shit.

The other point is that if these guys weren't owners, they would be anonymous nebbishes, albeit rich ones. They bought teams because they wanted to be someone important. If the Johnsons hire and empower a director of football operations, they are no longer important. They'd just be rich nebbishes who sign the check. It's no accident that Woody set up a a management chain where Bowles and Maccagnan are equal and report to him. That puts him (or Chris) in an important decision-making role he's unqualified for. The result of that is what we've seen on the field during the Johnson reign of error.

Acad23, KurtTheJetsFan and Brook! like this.
  18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Until those seats are empty on Sundays you are not hurting the Johnsons at all. Empty seats are the ONLY thing that even has a chance of making them get their shit together and addressing this fucked up mess of a football team. Money wise they don't give a shit, but the embarrassment of a stadium devoid of fans week in-week out will make them pay attention. That all we got folks....that's it. This is the last year I will buy season tickets for this fucked up team. Now we are going to fire everybody and start over - again. Wash, Rinse , Repeat. I , like most of you, am Soooooooooo sick of this shit. But I'm going to do my part, I am done going to games, I am done buying tickets, and I am sure as hell done buying season tickets. Talk to me when the team has a winning season......until then seeya!

19. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Will never ever happen, the problem is while there are never any jets fans at the game, because new york we have so many away fans at games its always close to full

20. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Wont ever be empty because even when Jets fans dont go (often) the away fans buy up the seats

21. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

When Q was ready to go public with his dissatisfaction of the coaching staff they should know keeping a lame duck is bad for the locker room, let alone the fan base. It a sport filled with aggression we have the most passive trio of ownership, GM, and coaching possible. Its a joke, but not a very funny one.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.