RIP Ken Berry..

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

FJF likes this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

He was a good one. . Only thing I couldn't understand though was why he wasn't walking around 24/7 with a lump in his throat (and a lump in his pants) what with the way Melanie Patterson (Calamity Jane) carried a torch for him. . : )

[​IMG]

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

F Troop was a wonderfully awful show, along the lines of Green Acres and Gilligan's Island (Mama's Family, on the other hand, was just plain awful).

I still can't see a hot air balloon without pointing to it and saying ...

And don't forget he was the star of Mayberry, R.F.D., before the CBS rural purge of 1970-1971 ousted it along with shows like Green Acres, The Beverly Hillbillies, and Petticoat Junction.

RIP, Ken.

#3 statjeff22, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Cman68 and joe like this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Where the Heck Aw We.

RIP. Too young.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Forest Tucker, Ken Berry, but Larry Storch is still standing. Larry Storch is a decent guy, but he got caught up in social mores and folded somewhat under pressure. To his credit, he did try. As an adoptee, 'Secret Daughter' is a documentary that I highly recommend. It was made by Larry Storch's 'step-daughter' - of sorts - who was bi-racial. I'm talking about back in the day when your very existence being born out or wedlock was a lie and a shameful thing. I'm not bi-racial, and my existence was a lie and a shameful thing, so let's start there. It's a very poignant film.

I cracked my case in '91. I'm talking iron-clad sealed records. Virtually impossible, no PI, didn't pay anyone a dime, and wild events. It reads like a spy novel. I basically cast a net into the universe that tipped dominoes. It's that crazy. Pure legwork, no internet, all paper, one incidental phone call to the Classified section of The New York Daily News. Anyway, if anyone wants search tips, advice, direction, to search or not to search or has questions, PM me. I am here. Don't pay anyone if you decide to go forward. It's bullshit. There is so much you can do on your own even if it was a closed adoption.

So anyway, 'F-Troop', it's so racist, lol. I don't think any of those Injuns were Native Americans. I still know that idiot song/diddy. What's wrong with my brain? Oh, right, a coma and brain damage. Between 'Dark Shadows', 'Batman', 'Lost in Space', 'Gun Smoke', and 'Bonanza', kids today don't know what they missed. I have to admit I hated 'Hee-Haw', though.

#5 jetophile, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

@statjeff22 , 'Green Acres' hahaha. I know that diddy, too. "Keep Manhattan just give my that country side!" This stuff just gets embedded in your head forever. And ever. And ever. Sometimes I whistle 'The Munsters' theme song when I'm vacuuming and hope the dust doesn't go in reverse. Makes it less tiresome. Anyone less than 40 is gonna tell us that we should all put ourselves out of our misery. Whatever, Pokemon Go <=== I have no clue what that is, I don't get the attraction, and I have no desire to find out. So, I'm just gonna watch the sexism of 'The Donna Reed Show' just to re-horrify myself. Hell, I'll even watch 'Father's Knows Best' and try to restrain myself from punching Kitten in the face. There's so much to choose from: 'The Patty Duke Show', 'The Flying Nun', we could be here until the draft.