Kareem Hunt(Merged)... Sign or not to sign, that is the question!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mario, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

"The worlds worst crime"... seriously dude, get a grip.

There is never any excuse to lay hands on a woman in anger but the idea that this guys life & career should be over because of it is utterly ridiculous .
    I can't stand this PC world we live in , it's pathetic & most of all hypocritical.

alleycat9 and FJF like this.
  2. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Claim him, I believe we are 4th in line, this is a business, I have a wife, mom, and daughter, get off your "high moral" ground

#82 rickjet, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    abc likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I do believe the thread is a kind of parody of the other one and it is full to the brim with sarcasm, can you not see it?

4. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

This is extremely incorrect. Videos of every day joe's and Josephine have gone viral and gotten plenty of people fired because companies don't want to be associated with this shit. NJ along with a fair amount of other states are no-fault states and you honestly can be terminated without reason as long as it's not based on sex race religion ect ect.

You said “virtually” every employer...which is not even close to being true. How many everyday joe videos do you see on tmz and espn like this? Very few. This is only a story because of who he is

5. Jersey Joe 67

I’ve only read a few lines of the OP’s post ... I couldn’t waste my time with the rest .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But felt you had enough time to quote and comment on it though eh ;)

It was an obvious piss take from the first sentence on IMO we will find out when the op comes back and either confirms or denies it lol

7. Jersey Joe 67

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

F the media. Adrian Peterson is playing football for the Washington Redskins and is going into the HOF. He was arrested for on a felony child abuse charge that he plead down on. He was indicted by a Grand Jury. He beat his 2 year old kid with a switch.

Namath was a stumbling drunk alcoholic and the media loved him. He was a winner. We signed Mike Vick after serving jail time. Arguably the greatest football player in NY history was doing coke in uniform and Parcells looked the other way.

If we can get him after he serves whatever NFL suspension is dealt out and can help him and he can help the team win you go for it. Public relations can be handled by the organization. If he comes in and plays well, keeps his nose clean it would be a great pickup. He would be a huge security blanket for Sam.

abc likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Absolutely right! Of course some team, if not the Jets, will sign him BECAUSE THEY CAN. Because the NFL has no real policy on this. They SAY all the right things, while they "wink, wink" and let the teams do whatever they want. Domestic violence - violence of any kind - should be a zero tolerance offense. As long as it isn't, the NFL will endure the blow back and retain its reputation as being thug-tolerant.

As much as I would love to have a RB of his ability, I say no. You honestly cannot say "I'm not in favor of hitting women" in one breath, and then say "Sign him!" in the other without being a hypocrite.

jets_fan likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

Are you a labor law attorney? How can you speak with such authority? Most companies would fire somebody if they had evidence of this.

jets_fan likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Some team is gonna get a steal here.

abc likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

The Jets can easily say he wasn’t charged with any crime, who are we to judge from a short video? That’s the polices job and they didn’t see anything wrong

13. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

Ya that’s the point...nobody would have evidence because they aren’t famous so their videos wouldn’t end up on tmz or espn. OP said everyone would be fired as if their employers were doing background checks daily on their employees

14. ColoradoContrails

So your point of disagreement about being fired is based on your assumption that there would be no evidence? Maybe, but since someone recorded it, I would assume that the "victim" would supply that if they were seeking redress, like in a civil suit, and that might well find its way to the employer.

jets_fan likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

Not to be picky, but all we know is that police didn't charge him. Not the same thing as "not seeing anything wrong". How many domestic violence calls result in no charges being filed, even when there was DV? If you watch the video there was certainly an assault. Whether it was provoked is immaterial. Most people - those here who want to sing him - will find a way to ignore that basic fact and justify their desire, but it still doesn't make it right.

jets_fan likes this.
  16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Well if we pick him we won't need to pay Bell. That coin can be used to bolster our team elsewhere

What he did is reprehensible, but like most things in the NFL it will blow over. I don't want him but I can certainly see it happening. And yes it would make us a better team. Still I don't want the scumbag. We can obtain a perfectly good back in the third round that doesn't have this kind of baggage

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He deserves to be punished for what he did, ie a long suspension, but his career shouldn't be over because of this. And given that, I have no problem with the Jets signing him on the condition that if he slips up again he'll be cut immediately and hopefully out of the league for good.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

He's had two - at least - incidents like this. And as NC pointed out, anger issues like this don't just go away because you attend - under duress- counseling. Here's the thing: sometimes you do something that you can't "undo", where there isn't a "do over". Sometimes you do something that affects your life from that moment forward. Assaulting a women is just such a thing in my book. And no, I don't think of myself holier than thou, or perfect by any stretch, but I've made mistakes that affected the rest of my life and had to deal with it. Just because he's pro football player shouldn't absolve him. It will though, as many here are all too willing to allow. So be it, but again, you can't say "I don't condone this sort of thing, but I want him on my team" without being a hypocrite, or less than honest.

19. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Correct, I am telling you the where the values of the nfl stop. Talent. If he was any good he would still be in the nfl. He wasn’t and he is out. Hunt is and will be signed.

20. BrowningNagle

It’s not hypocritical to want him on the team. Dude the Jets have Robbie Anderson who is every bit the scumbag Hunt is. Enunwa, allegedly beat a woman once too. Who else? Probably others.

It’s more hypocritical to throw your outrage at Hunt just because there is video of it when he might even be less of a douchebag than the guys you cheer on every Sunday