Kareem Hunt(Merged)... Sign or not to sign, that is the question!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mario, Nov 30, 2018.

1. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

A. She smacked Rice and he took it, It was after more words were exchanged in the elevator that he smacked (not punched) her.
    B. He didn't knock her out the handrail in the elevator she hit her head on did on the way down.
    These were very similar situations with very different outcomes.

This is extremely incorrect. Videos of every day joe's and Josephine have gone viral and gotten plenty of people fired because companies don't want to be associated with this shit. NJ along with a fair amount of other states are no-fault states and you honestly can be terminated without reason as long as it's not based on sex race religion ect ect.

Again Kap turned down two contracts and then sued the NFL. NO employer is going to hire someone who is currently or previously has sued the company. Kap is done in the NFL.
    Why people still bring him up is stupid the man is making more money in endorsement deals now then he would have if his career continued as per norm.
    The man accomplished more with his stance then he would have on a football field i highly doubt he has any regrets

jets_fan likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not gonna turn this into a Kaep thread but we all know Kaep would jump at another chance to play in the NFL. His lawsuit otoh might have sealed his fate.

3. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Talent? He was benched before he started his BS. Everyone convienently forgets that.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He may have been a drunk...but he had a point.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ummmm... Did you see the word "talent" in my post? I don't think you did...

jets_fan likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Be careful who you call a hypocrite, bucko. I never heard anything about Crowell wanting cops killed. I can't speak for the others, but I know that at least a couple of posters (including me) who are against signing Hunt also have issues with the DUI offenders. Some of us still have a moral compass and won't sell our souls to win a stupid football game.

jets_fan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Yeah, maybe we can just wave our magic wand and he'll be over his anger, and sprinkle some fairy dust in the area in the NY metroplex and no one will remember and everything will be rosy. Get real.

Just because you make someone attend anger management doesn't mean that he'll learn anything or change at all. First, a person has to realize that he has a problem with anger, before he can even begin to change. Then he has to want to change. People don't change because they're forced to take counseling or because someone tells them they should. They have to see that it's a problem that can take away the things they want in life, see the damage that their actions can cause to them, their loved ones and others, feel bad about it, and then want to stop/change. Then the hard work begins. It doesn't happen overnight. There can often be numerous issues that cause the anger in the first place.

And it's very likely that no one will forget about it, because unless he realizes and accepts that he has a problem, and sincerely wants to change, he won't, and there will be more incidents. Maybe next time he puts someone in the hospital or kills them. He may also have a drinking problem. If so, and that's one of the triggers of his anger, nothing will change until the drinking problem is fixed.

#67 NCJetsfan, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    jets_fan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

For every case like this the media jumps back on the Kaep comparison. Why I ask? It is not about comparing severity of the acts. It is completely meaningless. If instead of Kaep it was Brady or Aaron he would be playing already. Kaep was benched way before his public forum demonstration, he is not needed . He is not that good, one quick season flash in the pan like RG3, thus not worth the media baggage that goes with it. The NFL is all about money. Morality is used only to pacify the media frenzy, that is always looking for sensationalistic high visibility news. Was Hunt stupid, yeh, like many others, but if he was a nobody the media wouldn't do shit, never mind helping the many women that really need it the most. Hunt will find his way back in the league because he is one of the best, not because of his disrespect and stupidity, and people will soon forget about this incident. In football money talks, and everything else follows.

abc, NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

It's amazing how blind some of you are and/or how you saw what you wanted to see in the video. He is a professional athlete and very strong. It would be wrong for him to get a physical altercation with most men, and is totally wrong for it to happen with a woman. The shoves were violent. She could have been seriously injured. It might have been different if he had no friends supporters around him to talk him out of it, but he did. After he had shoved her the first time and had moved back away from her, he brushed them aside, went after her a second time, and even shoved one of his friends into her, knocking them both down. He was out of control.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Bad analogy. They signed Vick after he had done prison time and was supposedly repentant.

Hunt may not have "drilled her with a haymaker," but she could have broken bones when she hit the ground either time she was shoved so violently. She also could have broken her neck and been paralyzed or died when her head hit the wall and bent her head back.

All Hunt had to do was just walk away from her. She couldn't "scratch his eyes out" then. If you assaulted the woman as he did, then yes, you would be a woman abuser. There is no excuse for his actions. I don't care what she said or did. The only reason for attacking a woman is if she came after him with a baseball bat, knife or gun.

11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

This will blow over, and some team will end up with this beast. No doubt about it. It’s just a matter of which team.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Repost from the other thread, but:

This will blow over and some team will end up with this beast. It’s just a matter of which team it is.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Stone vs. pounds, pounds vs. dollars, what is it with you people?

K'OB likes this.
  14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

From my POV Hunt showed poor judgement and probably deserves a suspension along with any legal remedies that are warranted or not after a full investigation. The Chiefs on the other hand by acting so quickly have shown a complete lack of loyalty to a player. Code of conduct is a two way street. The NFL and the Chiefs have proven they care little for the players and a lot about their image. I think this tarnishes the image of the NFL and the Chiefs. That doesn't mean Hunt doesn't deserve discipline or even removal. It just means he is entitled to a fair hearing of all the facts and an appropriate penalty that's consistently applied.

I would have no problem if the NFL investigated suspended him and the Jets signed him.

The only similarity between this and Kaep is in how gutlessly the NFL and teams have handled the situation.

#74 Biggs, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  15. jetophile

There's always the remote possibility that Kaepernick's talent fell off a cliff at high velocity and he kinda sucks. I don't think he's even as good as Mark Sanchez at this point. The league is generally wildly inconsistent and full of shit, though, that's for sure. I know a lot of people look at Kaepernick like a modern day Rosa Parks, but the Fidel Castro shirt/comments and the pig socks, he lost me. o_O Fidel Castro was a major POS, buddy. I wrote some very informed posts about Fidel after he kicked, and the U.S. was FAR from innocent, but championing this guy is flat out retarded.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Stones and pounds are good together hun ie 15st 6lb we don't like it when you go he is 216lb or 98kg or whatever hate kilograms the most lol

donkey likes this.
  17. jetophile

I know the UK isn't full metric, but please do drive on the right side of the road. Left. Right. Correct. Your steering wheel orientation is also fckd up. If I ever had to drive there (and luckily for the populace I didn't have to when last there), I probably would've killed everyone on the road. Eurail pass for the win.

K'OB likes this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Kaep wasn't about money or morality. It was about sending a message to the players. The players are property, they are replaceable and they better toe the line. While it may not have been about morality, there is something called business ethics and the owners look to have crossed that line with Kaep. NFL owners have a state sanctioned monopoly that's predicated on fair negotiations with the Players Union. The last CBA was achieved from a lockout, not exactly good faith. Blackballing players not exactly good faith and if proven illegal. The NFL requested the lawsuit be thrown out on a summary judgement. Denied. To be continued.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Maybe he can just use the "It wasn't me" excuse. It was just some dude that looked like him. He should call Shaggy and nail down those details asap.

20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ

MoWilkBeast likes this.