Kareem Hunt(Merged)... Sign or not to sign, that is the question!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mario, Nov 30, 2018.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Tempting, but no thanks. If you have a mentality that says it's okay to assault a woman like he did, then that's a time bomb waiting to go off again. It's not like she came at him with a weapon, or that he didn't have a choice to not respond. The Jets have enough problems, they don't need a headache like this.

jets_fan likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They can claim him off waivers without having to compete with those better organizations.
    They won’t though. Mac and his wife do a lot for abuse victims and such. They won’t touch this .

abc, TonyFtLaud and Cman68 like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Well done.

Attackett likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. Signing Bell would be the worst move the Jets could make in the offseason aside from keeping Bowles and his staff or keeping Mac.

NYJetsO12 and JetsNation06 like this.
  5. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I’m all for it! Only regret I’d have is that I didn’t make this post first

FJF likes this.
  6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

You may be right but it'd be a shame if they don't. Hunt will get another chance in the league and he could be a huge steal for this team for years to come. Even with the NY media he could overcome this and he's already been contrite with his statement so he seems to know how to handle the PR angle too.

FJF likes this.
  7. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

Sign him!
    That video was pretty weak...should be the same penalty as zeke elliot at most

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Nobody seems to bother about Joe Mixon and his right hooking of a 7 stone girl.

A talent like this only comes around once in a while, we need a fucking running back desperately.

Going to find the video if bad I may change my mind.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would sign him and make him go for all types of counseling ,,,,,ps IMO this was bad I am not condoning it but it is NOT the Ray incident. Also I want to hear all the details of what happened if thats possible as I have also heard an unsubstantiated story that there is possibly another video in which this girl hit him with a lamp,,,,,make no mistake what Hunt did was wrong but I would think about signing him in a heartbeat so long as the contract has clauses and he agrees to counceling. KC says " hunt lied about the details " I would like to hear from the cops that were on the scene

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I would have loved to have Hunt on the Jets, but not after watching this video. http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-ch...ed-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/?vtest=100

The "kick" was nothing, but he shoved her hard twice, and the second time her head hit the wall. She could have broken her neck and died instantly. He looked very violent. He had friends trying to intervene and calm him and he just brushed them aside and went after her. She isn't innocent as she should have walked away after he pushed her down the first time, but she got up and went back after him. At the very least he should be arrested for harassment, and more likely assault and battery.

There's no way that Mac will sign him, nor should he.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Yesterday Kareem Hunt was found guilty of the worlds worst crime. I actually can't sleep because the images of him scuffling and pushing bodies near a women folk makes me sick to my stomach. I can't even begin to count the amount of tears I have shed for this brave women who only wanted to get what she wanted when when she wanted it and how she wanted it.

Imagine if this had been your precious daughter going to a Cleveland hotel drunk at 3 am looking to party with and bang a NFL player for the sheer status and Instagram likes. Now imagine that wonderful precious girl you raised being rejected from NFL c**k and asked to leave the property, I can only imagine the pain she felt knowing that she didn't get what she wanted for the first time, it would probably force her to spit racial slurs that of course in no way represent her.

But now for the worst part... imagine after hearing those innocent racial slurs the NFL player had the audacity to get angry and initiate a scuffle with your daughter and her friends. You watch the video in horror as Kareem yells and semi succeeds in pushing in the direction of your daughter who rightly and bravely slaps him.

In a final sequence of evil acts Kareem pushes his own friend who happens to tap into your daughter who is thus sent falling to the carpet floor. You begin to wonder if your daughter will ever walk again, just as you are thinking it's over for good big bad Kareem comes back to finish the job with a kick that would surely make Doug brien proud.

Somehow nobody ends up getting hurt...almost as if pushing in the direction of someone and a tap of the foot wasn't assault but instead just a normal stupid drunk scuffle... but no no that can't be right there has to be a victim and it has to be this precious angel , and there has to be a villain and it's clearly Kareem Hunt.

I might have to renounce my jets fandom if we sign this 23 year old super talented and versatile running back. It will be at least 2 weeks of media backlash that the team can't possibly endure. I mean look at the bengals the media people still give them shit for joe mixon.... oh wait they don't ?? Well look at Zeke Elliot... oh wait the media loves and adores him ? Hmmm well look at Big Ben.... oh wait he is also praised on a week to week basis... wait what about Adrian Peterson he beat his son with a switch so bad he had welts surely there is backlash when teams sign him.... oh wait there isn't ????

So clearly you can deck a chick in the face, rape a chick in the stall, beat your child to a literal pulp with photographic evidence and it will all blow over In a few weeks?? No that can't be?? This push and foot tap will last with Kareem Hunt forever I'm sure of it !!

So lets not sign a super talented cost controlled super weapon for our young QB... I mean did you see him kinda push that girl ???

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We don’t sign almost-female-beaters. We prefer high-character guys with DUIs.

Can Hunt play left tackle?

JetsNation06 likes this.
  13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Only if we can't sign Ray Rice if not well have to get Hunt, I wonder if we could get a package deal, Hunt Rice and Ray Carruth?

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What exactly did he lie about? And, especially if a police report was filed, how did he think he could get away with lying that he was involved in an altercation? I saw the video. His mistake was not walking away when his friend tried to get between them. He had plenty of opportunity to let it go. These players are such idiots. Even if you're not the aggressor but you retaliate you're more than likely still in trouble. Just stay the F in your room - ALONE OR WITH TEAMMATES - and get a consensual booty call on your own time and not under the influence. Why are these youngsters not counseled about shit like this? It should be mandatory even though you would think you'd have to be brain-dead to need it. I'm just relieved that at least Darnold would no way in hell put himself in that situation. At least I can relax about that much.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I saw the video. He's an idiot. The situation could have been completely avoided. Comparing the severity of assaults is mindless. It's the fact that he didn't walk away when he could have. I'm not saying this woman was right for actively pursuing and then pursuing again, but how does Hunt think that this isn't going to put him in hot water?

16. Matt X

Matt X Member

Get him, make him do all the anger mgmt/women abuse awareness stuff, etc. Everyone will forget all about it in a year and move on the the next hot topic. Darnold, Hunt, Top 3 2019 pick, new coach. Yeah Baby!

17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

You'll see far worse in every UK town centre every weekend mate. Honestly I thought it was not much. It's certainly not what I would call an assault just a slightly physical altercation. If it was two blokes no one says a word. It's a couple of shoves and a lame, the ref's not watching Beckham-style snide kick. That's it. It wouldn't put me off signing him at all.

18. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

The whole "don't sign him because of PR" notion is bogus. First off all the Jets are already getting killed in the media because of how bad they are.

Secondly, these things pass all the time. Anyone remember what Tyreek Hill did (link below)? All they see is how fast he is. What about Joe Mixon? Ezekiel Elliot? Ray Lewis? Three different teams signed Donte Stallworth after he killed someone!

The Jets would be foolish to not put a claim in. Then immediately push for him to be suspended for the rest of the year, which would be four games. At worst, he'd miss two games next year.

We'll see on Tuesday, but I am sure some team will claim him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...roach-with-kareem-hunt-than-with-tyreek-hill/

JetsNation06, FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The hypocrisy of some of the white knights in here is laughable.

People fine with Crowell who wanted cops killed and countless DUI offenders...

This guy is a potato scum bag but he would be wouldn’t cost the Jets 17m a year Bell would. Signing him when the Jets need a RB is a good business decision.

The Redskins literally just did this with Reuben Foster.

JetsNation06, CBG and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse