Bates admits the problem with the offense is him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 9, 2018.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mayfield is killing it right now. Good for him, I always liked him.

by the way, if somehow Cleveland doesn't retain Freddie Kitchens his interim OC. I sure hope whoever the next Jets head coach is goes after him hard. he is doing a fantastic job with Mayfield

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

please do :) and even if that's true (spoiler it's not) that's 1 of like 60-70 throws i posted handpicked from people here and highlight reel makers not by me. so stop making claims and go do some work with proof :)

i don't get the idea that's exactly what was pointed out in the film. even his TD throw to chubb was awful last week but it goes down as a TD because chubb made an amazing play. after the season i can do a breakdown if anyone cares using NFL film and a NFL offense. obviously in college he wasn't asked to do much and his WRs were often wide ass open. my analysis is proven correct simply by the fact his completion % dropped 25% from college to now. throws that he got by with in college aren't working in the NFL which is what i said. of course he still gets the occasional wide open guy 1st read but it's not as often so his completion % took a dive

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's the 23rd highest paid QB in the NFL. 24-28 are on their rookie contracts. 29 is bridgewater who we signed cheap becuase injury risk. 29-32 are on rookie deals except 1 who is a backup QB. nick foles is making 14.5mil as a back-up in philly.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

You sound like a fucking second grader that doesn't understand math.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Your wish is my command. Here's the thread which is now bumped. For anyone who wants to read it, SGB said one of Mayfield's receivers was running a seam route when it was really a fade. Plenty of other entertaining stuff there too. http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/allen-vs-mayfield-at-the-3-pick-what-the-film-shows.90242/

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Please tell me how 68.5 is 25 more than 62.7

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Best way to spin it is to take a percent difference of percentages. But even still, (68.5-62.7)/(.5*68.5+.5*62.7)*100% = 8.8%.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I thought of that too. The fact that even that method doesn't come close to 25% makes me curious how he's getting a 25% drop.

9. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Because he's biased.

He HATES Mayfield.

But he's "objective".

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sorry to interrupt the SolidGoldBowles Justification Threadm but I thought this just underscores how clueless Bates - and by extension Bowles - is:

From the NY Post today:
    https://nypost.com/2018/11/30/jets-harsh-reality-injury-has-put-dent-in-darnolds-development/

"And why was the Jets’ running game abandoned Sunday?

“You want to be balanced,’’ Bates said. “We came into the game wanting to establish the run like we always do. I think we had six rushes for 13 yards in the first half. I needed to call more runs. I needed to call better runs. We need to establish the run better.’’

HUH?????

So Bates says he wanted to run the ball, and establish the running game, but then abandons the running game completely and has McCown throw 45 times? What he didn't answer was WHY? Why did they abandon the run game? Did he just "forget"?

To be this clueless and to not get fired is amazing! But it only shows how clueless Bowles is, and further, how clueless the Johnson Boys are for not firing the idiots running the show. Five more games. Five more games. Five more games. Please let it be over soon!

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled SGB Excuse Making.

#210 ColoradoContrails, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Thank you for proving my point - McCown is highly overpaid. There is certainly not ten million dollars worth of value in what he delivers for the Jets. Paid 67% more than Bridgewater, who is better. Paid only 31% percent less than Foles, who was the Super Bowl MVP a year ago.

You really need to take some time off to think about what it is you're trying to prove.

12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I hate to sound like a broken record, but look at the record of success the Patriots have had. Half of their game is floating a back short and throwing passes underneath to keep the pressure off Brady. Every Jets OC seems determined to avoid the RB dump-offs. Where is the misdirection? Where are the delayed handoffs? Every play on offense that is designed to slow down and beat the rush are things that the Jets OCs rarely ever call. Obviously we have talent issues on offense and there is no quick and simple fix, but how about mixing in these plays a little bit more often to slow down the rush?

13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

unfortunately bates time away from football didn't help him at all. Whatever attitude adjustment or aura he was looking for he never found and if he did it wasn't about football. Only one fool picks another that has little to know expertise in the job he is hiring him for. What a ****ing mess the HC has made... j

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I’m really excited to see what Darnold looks like with *anyone other than Jeremy Bates*

Mogriffjr likes this.
  15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yikes. Lol