Bates admits the problem with the offense is him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 9, 2018.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

You're biased because you kept saying Mayfield couldn't make NFL throws, threw to open receivers, under/overthrew his receivers, and had all day to throw in pre draft threads. You looked for anything to criticize him on and still do such as pointing out the records of his opponents or that he has a great supporting cast. You try hard to not give Mayfield any credit. That's how you come across as biased.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Actually, YOU don’t understand bias or how it works.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not overpaid at ten million dollars as a backup? Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has been far more productive this season is getting three million - maybe he's just underpaid. That is today's marketplace that sets the salaries.

We're not talking about last year; it is irrelevant. Cousins has nothing to do with the subject. Forget all those things that "might have been," deal with facts and show us how McCown has earned his money and what you define as a good deal.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that's not biased. that's what the film showed. i didn't say can't, i said he didn't show it on film. there is a difference. the offense he ran in college was so basic and he ran it pretty well but it wasn't anything like the NFL. why do you think he went from 80% completions in college to 55% in the NFL. I have given mayfield credit when it was due several times but let us not forget, nick mullens had a monster game this year his 1st career start, geno threw a perfect game for the jets week 17 against miami, sanchez led us to 2 AFC champ games as a rookie and sophmore and had like 6 4th quarter comebacks during that time. Mccown was leading the NFL in completion % for us last year most of the year and this year fitz was leading the NFL in yards and 2nd in TDs the 1st month of the season. It's way too early to judge any of these QBs and stats don't always tell the full story. I already said mayfield has looked better then i expected but he's playing just like the rest of the rookie class. showing some flashes here and there but also making lots of mistakes and bad throws. we'll know a lot more in 2 more eyars whch QBs of this class panned out and which didn't. also pointing something out isn't critisizing. It's analysis considering variables. same way scouts knocked on chad pennington in college for having moss to throw to to make him look better. it's why players change teams and can fall off. everything has cause and effect. Antonio Browns talent is allowing Juju to put up some major numbers but Juju still isn't near as good as brown, but stats wise people would think he is

5. GasedAndConfused

10 million for a possible starter/possible backup plus mentor to a young QB. they could have incentivized the deal for playing time but the jets wanted to reward him for outplaying his contract and his leadership and attitude. why do you think alex smith gets paid so much despite being a career mediocre QB and why do you think mccown has been in the NFL for 15 years despite being a mediocre QB

6. Rollo Tomassi

Yes it is.

No it did not.

Harpua likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The film didn't show that. I watched the same film as you did, and other people with much more credibility than both of us watched that film, and nobody was saying what you were saying. You need to rethink your ability to evaluate film.

#187 HomeoftheJets, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You did an extremely long break down pre draft of how a 50 some yard TD pass could have been a few feet over and been “perfect” but was off target and made the receiver adjust so not an accurate pass... which is a joke. Your also claiming thing s like his receivers making plays after the pass means his stats don’t matter as much, as if other QBs don’t have receivers make adjustments to balls in the air or make plays after the catch... it’s so obviously biased it is silly. ... but really keep posting about this fantasy world you live in lol.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I love how you whine about insults In The same post where you claim I don’t have anything intelligent to say. Damn, that comeback really burned. Good counter point lol

10. HomeoftheJets

Lol don't forget the seam route.

11. Ralebird

The fact that Washington gave Smith a highly criticized ridiculously high contract does not justify paying McCown ten million dollars a year. I would note that Smith was clearly a starter and is ten years younger than McCown.

Just how much dollar value do you attribute to your oft repeated, never substantiated "mentor" label for McCown?

12. Rollo Tomassi

Tyreek Hill says hi.

13. GasedAndConfused

your entitled to your opinion. If you think i suck at evaluating film then prove me wrong lol. I didn't see you posting any evaluations at all nor telling me where i made mistakes in your mind on the one's i posted. it sure is easy to make blanket statements that you won't take the time to back up.

lol the threads are still up and i used a highlight reel and other games picked by other members here It's not like i went and picked his worst games, i picked his best. my evaluation but have been pretty dam good since his completion % from college to the NFL dropped 25% he's getting less wide open guys and not fitting into tight windows as i said i didn't see him do. unless you want to explain why his % is so much lower now then college.

well you sure haven't yet. there is a different form calling out a shitpost to insulting someone personally becuase you don't agree. make a good post. i'm all ears!

it's not just washington. what about KC and SF paying smith like a top QB when he was always just an average QB. the reason is teams love smith, coaches love smith, they love his intangibles and he's "good enough" lets not forget people like eli and flacco the definition of mediocre QBs got ground breaking contracts as well and sam bradford getting huge deals from like 5 teams. 10mil for 1 year is not a bad deal at all. it's not starter money, but it's a little higher then a lot of backups it's right inbetween which is what he was when we signed him.

14. HomeoftheJets

I could bump the thread where you incorrectly identified the route Mayfield's receiver was running. But I don't want to make you look worse than you already do.

Harpua likes this.
  15. Rollo Tomassi

Hold my beer.

Not only do you not know how to evaluate film and/or QBs, you are really REALLY shitty at math.

Or you are biased.

Mayfield had a 68.5% completion rate in college and he has a completion rate of 62.7% in the NFL.

That's FIVE POINT EIGHT percent decrease. 5.8% less-- NOT 25%.

Even if you take his senior year--his completion rate was 70.5% which is only a 7.8% difference.

And if you look at his numbers JUST since Hue was shit-canned--his completion % is MUCH better than the 62.7%.

And the fact that you are trying to compare the completion % of a raw NFL rookie to a 4 year college QB is just fucking stupid--of COURSE his completion % is going to be less the first 9 games of his NFL career when compared to a sensational track record in college.

See, this is the idiotic shit you keep throwing out that makes you look foolish.

You're biased. Let it go.

#195 Rollo Tomassi, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He's very biased. If he wants he can go look up my opinions on all of last years QBs, the threads are still there as he said himself. The difference between him and me is that despite how much I really did not like the thought of drafting Allen last year, if the kid proves he can cut it as a NFL QB I'll happily admit as was wrong, be happy for him, but sad as a Jets fan because he is on a division rival.

What I won't do is use every little excuse I can think of to support my original evaluation, which was only biased against his talent and not any type of personal crusade to prove how smart I am. All SGB's is doing here is showing that he does not know what he is talking about at all and is completely incapable of admitting he was wrong about a player. All draftniks are wrong at times, that is why following the players is fun. Its an inexact science to predict who will make it. If we were right all the time we would get hired to run a different franchise, because we all know the Johnson's will not hire someone who is good.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

No offense man, but when you say this:
    Or this:
    You're gonna get called out for questionable at best film analysis. And I can dig up more posts from that and other threads, but I think you get the idea.

Source: http://forums.theganggreen.com/thre...t-the-3-pick-what-the-film-shows.90242/page-2

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I wish he was.

19. Ralebird

Smith? This is not about Alex Smith, Eli Manning or Joe Flacco! This is about McCown being vastly overpaid and underproductive by and for the New York Jets..

The more you talk about Smith and others the more desperate you look and it does nothing to substantiate your position that McCown has any value to the Jets. He is not the man for the present and he is not the man for the future, especially at ten million dollars. After being given many opportunities to show he has the value you claim you continually come up empty. Give it up.

20. Rollo Tomassi

I'm with you on Allen.

All I watched in 2017 were about 10 college QBs. And saw every game televised--either live or tape delayed. Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Falk, Lamar, Rudolph, Finley, Stidham and Thorson (the last three of which didn't come out).

Of the big 4, I thought Allen was going to be bad but if he becomes the next Wentz I wouldn't be shocked--he was just so hard to judge. Falk disappointed me the most.

Darnold and Mayfield, to me, were clearly 1 and 2 and I don't understand how anyone could ding Mayfield the way SolidGoldBates did.

Was ludicrous. I get you might not like someone but to constantly criticize or excuse every single throw as bad or lucky or to a wide open receiver or a great play/adjustment by the receiver just sounded so...biased.

Harpua likes this.