Magic Mike is safe!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 13, 2018.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Good point. I honestly wasn't even thinking about FA. I need to see a list of the available FA's in terms of Edge guys, OL, WR's and RB's besides Bell.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

hopefully Mac doesn't decide to blow his load on Dante Fowler.

I can see Mac throwing all his money at Fowler and Bell.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's too early to judge the full draft of that. obviously those 2 picks were bad doens't mean the draft as a whole was
    yes including them. smith and moulden i listed as injury busts and hack as a bust. I also listed petty as a bust from his 1st draft it's in my post history lol

results take time. he didn't walk into the steelers or pats. he took over a 4-12 that came off one of the worst drafts of all time and had no big talent and was mandated to "win now" which set us back 2 years. we should have rebuilt from day 1 so blame woody for that. we got our 10-6 season somehow then paid for it. we are only in year 2 of a rebuild and mac has done a great job using the draft, trades, and FA. we still have a ton of cap anda young core and he made the bold moves that landed us sam. You want results you need to wait 2-4 more years. rome wasn't built in a day but as of now we are on track for a 4 year rebuild. It took les snead 5 years to build the rams and he took over a better team then mac did.

Mr mittens likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not just gone from the team but gone and no one wants them. That’s exactly idzic 12 bad

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Bell would be worth the money, Fowler not so much. Fowler is on a stacked team and still isn't dominating.

6. JetsNation06

Results take time if you've shown that you're making incremental progress and your draft picks are turning into studs. That is not the case with the large majority of Mac's picks in any way, shape or form. Your argument is baseless because in order for it to be effective Mac would've had to be building something. There is no building taking place. The roster has as little depth and talent as it's had in many years. That's the ultimate knock on Mac. 2-4 for more years? You're out of your mind. No one gets 8 years in the NFL when the team has gotten worse every year. NOBODY.

7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

In our case it's a HABIT...

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure Mac will be going after those two but Fowler shouldn’t be counted on or signed as a # 1 EDGE rusher . He can be a complimentary piece and should be paid as such . Bell on the other hand will cost $$$. Hopefully front loaded . Even with signing those two guys the Jets should have plenty of money leftover .

Mr mittens likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

WE have two 3rd round picks, and could have another or maybe a 2nd if we trade down a few spots in the 2019 draft. I hope the Jets will draft a RB in the 3rd round, whether it be Montgomery or someone else.

10. NCJetsfan

The 3rd is getting too low for an OT, unless you're talking as a backup. I think (hope) we use our first on an LT.

11. NCJetsfan

He was signed as a Center. That's how he was listed as a FA, and that he also could play OG. He was signed with the idea of being the new starter, not just someone for the OL. He competed with Harrison and the other FA (the ex-Lion whose name I have forgotten) for the starting C job and was head and shoulders better than either.

12. NCJetsfan

As of right now, the following edge rushers will potentially be available (plus a slew of others, both older and younger):

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/edge/

Jadeveon Clowney
    DeMarcus Lawrence
    Dante Fowler, Jr.
    Shane Ray
    Anthony Barr
    Aaron Lynch
    Shaquil Barrett
    Dee Ford

13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Oh, you think I don't get it? This coming from the only guy on this message board defending Bowles and McIdiot after 5-11 in 2016 , 5-11 in 2017, and most likely 3-13 in 2018. A roster void of quality players. A five-game losing streak. An offensive line that couldn't block my 90-year old mother. A fan base which has given up on the loser coach and idiot GM. This must be what you call steady improvement. Progress, right? The jets finished the Rex era with a 4-12 record, now after four years of Toilet and McFlush, we can and will beat that by going back to a Kotite-like 3-13. Go ahead and answer--I am sure you will spin it that you, Bowles, and MacNuts have it figured perfectly, but those of us who can read a team's record the last three years are wrong.

14. JetsNation06

Nice, thanks. Just looking at this list real quick and from what I've seen as I watch a lot of games every week I would go after Lawrence or Ford. I'd be tempted to go after Clowney but he's going to want Donald type money and not sure he can stay healthy or play consistent enough to be worth that. I love his potential and think a change of scenery can make him a true star but he's a big gamble based on his time in Houston.

Ford is having the best year of his career and is a true explosive first step edge rusher. He gets to the QB ridiculously quick quite often. He'd probably cost premium dollar but could be worth it. I've seen a lot of Dallas games this year because the networks always put their boring ass games on TV here in NY and Lawrence wreaks havoc every damn game. He is an all around beast. If the Jets want to pay big money I'd target either of these two guys.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I think he is more likely to overpay Clowney based on his time in Houston.

stinkyB and Red Menace like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

I'd be happy with Lawrence, Clowney, Ford, Barr or Ray and if it's one of the latter two add another edge rusher in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft. I think either of the first three would be dynamic improvements to our pass rush and with the right DC could really shine in our D. Ray would be a pretty big improvement over what we already have. I think Barr has been used more as a coverage backer in Minny, but I think he has the ability to be a good pass rusher, and it would be nice to have a LB who excels in coverage to help shut down the league's TEs and backs who have killed us over the middle for years.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Whether it was the injury or not he wasn't doing the job as a center. It doesn't mean anything to me about how he was listed. It's great that they may have found a place for him but why did it take so long to get him away from center?

18. 101GangGreen101

If they let him hit FA.

19. 101GangGreen101

He hit on Adams and Maye (but he has to stay healthy) ... Mac still blew tons of opportunities as a whole.

Like I said before, he sucks.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

God damn you to hell