Bates admits the problem with the offense is him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Not trying to change his mind, just pointing out the nonsense.

How could you change the mind of someone that wants to retain Bowles and Bates for ANOTHER year?

Regardless of the reason. I gotta find that thread. Oh, wait.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I take it you aren't feeling dangerous. :(

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Darnold was doing those things for us, you'd be praising him.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Let's be honest, he's had games where we were praising him...unfortunately his ratio is about 1:7 in good games called. lol

TonyFtLaud and phubbadaman like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's my QB so yeah un-objectively i'd be excited as a fan, but i can take a more objective look as well and see all isn't good. darnold has had his really good looking moments but also his bad ones. sames goes for allen and mayfield and rosen and even jackson. jackson is saving the ravens single handedly with his legs right now but his actually passing play has been a bit iffy as expected. all of the QBs are making plays but also mistakes as expected. mayfield does look better then i expected and the worse looking one so far is rosen which suprises me. darnold, allen, and jackson are all playing as I thought they would. they won't really separate and see who is who though for a few more years then we can look back and see who turned out the best and who winds up being a bust.

it's also worth noting that mayfield and jackson have the best teams around them of the bunch and rosen probably has the worst but allen, rosen, and darnold are all talent fucked around them

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He certainly would - and Bates and Bowles too.

7. Ralebird

What kind of idiot organization would pay ten million dollars to a position coach, a part time one, at that? The head coach gets four million; the QB "mentor" gets ten? McCown was signed to be the starting quarterback - that's how the Jets went into camp; that's why Bridgewater was traded when it was found that Darnold could be the number one or two guy out there. Take your "mentor" title and put it on the shelf - no team is using a roster slot for a coach.

How much activity has been reported where McCown spent even ten minutes working with Darnold on his footwork? How much time on progressions? How much time on ball position and release? What about fielding lousy snaps? Or is this Ten Million Dollar Man there just to psychologically position Darnold's head for him?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

he's not "just a position coach" he's also the back-up QB and at the time of signing was a possible starting QB for us. he was signed to be whatever we needed him to be knowing he can mentor a young QB and start for us if need be which he has the past 2 games. he is mentoring sam though compared to the big ben "i'm not here to mentor anyone" comments when the steelers drafted a QB.

9. Ralebird

No. He is not a coach. He is an overpaid backup quarterback.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

By title, he is not a coach. By title, he is an overpaid backup QB, but he still brings value to the team. I would've kept Teddy, but hopefully that 3rd nets us something

11. Rollo Tomassi

It’s funny when you say “un-objectively” because you’re a fan.

That means subjectively.

Exactly how you’ve been dumping on Mayfield un-objectively since before the draft because you were not a fan.

Yet you posited your bogus assessments of him as “objective”.

You should really stop commenting about Mayfield.

And Bates.

And Bowles.

It’s not aging well.

TonyFtLaud and Harpua like this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your pre draft bias makes you look silly every week, Your defending it makes you look like a fucking idiot. You were wrong pre draft and your wrong now. You "analysis" of the QB position sucks over all but you never stop defending it. Its funny so keep these jokes rolling.

TonyFtLaud and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Ouch.

14. Ralebird

I asked earlier if other than the rah-rah stuff has McCown actually been reported as having spent any appreciable amount of time working directly with Darnold on improving his play. Crickets. But that's okay, he was signed to be a quarterback, not a coach and even allowing him to coach anyone to any great degree might present problems with the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Let's just keep it honest here - McCown is a player, not a coach. If there's any evidence I missed, not just feel good talk, bring it on.

15. Ralebird

Disagree with the guy all you want, I certainly do, but your personal attacks are totally unnecessary and only detract from your argument.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He was offered the QB coaching job in cleveland 2 years ago but choose to keep playing and signed with us. He signed his deal this year knowing full well we were darfting a "QB of the future" who could possibly start over him. We signed Teddy to come in and compete and he never once made a stick publicly. There have been numerous reports of him being not only a good teammate and leader but also a willing mentor to younger QB's. He would not have received a offer to be a coach or brought back by us if the opposite was the case. Your either not reading the Jets news in the last few years or gleefully ignring it and jsut being negative because thats all you know. McCown and his contract are the least of the problems right now and one of the only good things Mac did this offseason.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

No sense in debating one as openly biased as he has been for months. I have plenty of disagrements and discussions with those that are capable to do it, he has proven he is not.

18. Ralebird

Don't you realize how lacking in substance everything you've repeated here is? What Cleveland may or may not have offered him is totally irrelevant. Of course he signed knowing someone could be starting over him - he's a lousy quarterback but he got ten million bucks for it. Bridgewater is also irrelevant, stuff like that happens on every team. "Good teammate," "leader" and "willing mentor" are thing expected of every player, some do better than others, but there is no reason to canonize the guy. He may some day get a coaching offer but a QB coach probably makes under a million a year and the guy has fifty million in the bank - why work so hard for so relatively little?

Again, the guy is a backup quarterback, somewhat overpaid, and reportedly a good guy to have around; that is all he is.

19. GasedAndConfused

hardly an overpaid back-up since when he was signed it was as a possible starter/possible back-up. he also was way underpaid last year at only 6 mil and started the whole season and played well and was a back-up plan to us landing cousins. 10 mil was a good deal for both sides for the value he brings

exactly! except the teddy part. no reason to keep him. even if he played and won the last 2 weeks what would have been the point and plus teddy isn't going to fare any better here then darnold or mccown did. and he was gone next year regardless so geting a nice pick for him was a great move

lol ok bud if you had anything intelligent to say you wouldn't resort to insults so try again?

20. GasedAndConfused

i'm not biased at all you make no sense. IF i was biased it would be against someone like brady who i hate. I mean i hate the pats but give credit where it's due and i even LIKE gronk and I even love barkley form our cross town rivals who is already a top 3 RB in the NFL. Why in the fuck would anyone be biased against a college QB we could have possibly drafted it literally makes 0 sense. i don't think you understand bias or how it works