What is wrong with the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Patriot, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Wow, the Jets suck? Thanks for the brilliant insight.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. This steaming pile of horse shit they call OL can't open a damn thing. Or protect the passer.

2. Jets defense is overrated overall. That said, this head coach ain't got a slightest clue as to how to maximize the talent on board. Let alone potential. He is a fucking moron. With a capital M.

3. Time management? Did I mention Todd Bowles is a moron yet? If I didn't yet, let me drill this into your head: TODD BOWLES IS A FUCKING MORON.

4. Who were the WRs? I am sure Joe Montana may not make them look serviceable. A mere mortal - actually, much worse than that, but I'll just leave it at that for now - won't make them look any better than he did.

5. Do you really think Jeremy Bates could come up with play designs to do that? Really? I mean, REALLY?

6. Jets suck for a reason.

And we've been crying out from the bottom of our collective lungs by now. Johnsons should just sell the fucking team to an owner that cares about winning. Ain't happening.

3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I guess in this sea of crap, I do see some hope assuming Toilet Bowles is gone. The Jets have a franchise QB that may interest future coaches. For the next several years they have plenty of cap room to rearchitect a new team. However, as I have said, without competent football people running the team, all the positive things I have said will not matter.

NCJetsfan and cgrec like this.
  4. Patriot

Maybe the only intelligent explanation for the poor clock management by the Jets is they were simply trying to lose. But if that is not it, what does that say about the coaching staff and their ability to prepare this team properly for various game situations? Someone might want to mention to Bowles that its ok to call a timeout sometimes.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The fish rots from the head down...the problem with this organization starts with ownership.
    When you have ownership that accepts mediocrity you'll get just that, mediocrity.

6. Patriot

Look I have known for years about the displeasure you all have towards Bowles. But I was simply shocked at how bad this team was managed against the Pats. It appears Bowles is getting worse than better. Maybe he is suffering from dotage more than me. I have never, I mean never, seen a team so poorly coached as I did this past Sunday. It was very depressing.

7. Patriot

Jetophile life is not so black and white. This is not the 1st time I have rooted for two teams. I was a big fan of the Esposito brothers hence I was torn watching the Bruins play the Blackhawks. Since the Pats have had so much success recently, I would not be that upset to see the Jets beat the Patriots. Besides, I think this would be a good kick of reality to the Patriot players and coaches that they have been very fortunate for this run, and they should appreciate it more.

Look, the Patriots don't do stupid things to beat themselves. They wait for their opponents to do stupid things to beat themselves. This probably explains 70% of their wins. Look at the Steelers-Broncos game this past Sunday. The Steelers basically gave the game away to an inferior team, something you don't see the Pats do too often. Having said that, maybe they spiked the Jets Gatorade to make them really stupid.

I am a bored Patriot fan and a depressed Jet fan these days. Patriot fans irritate me because they don't appreciate how lucky they are. I would love to see a very competitive game between the Jets and Pats, and yes this past game was depressing for me.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Patriot

This is a well-written description of Woody Johnson in quotes. I believe the author nails it.

"Robert Wood (Woody) Johnson, as most you know, is the great-grandson of the founder of the Johnson & Johnson empire. Woody grew up in a lifestyle of ultimate luxury in one of the wealthiest families in the world. Unlike most other children of the super-rich, Woody did not receive an Ivy league education but rather matriculated at the University of Arizona. Johnson then worked menial summer jobs at Johnson & Johnson with the expectation of ascending to the top of the family business. At some point, it was likely clear to everyone within the inner circles of J&J that that just wasn't in anyone's best interest. So instead, the Johnson's reached into petty cash and gave Woody $650 million to purchase an NFL franchise. Afterall, an NFL team, unlike NBA or MLB teams simply makes money and increases in value on its own. It's the most popular sport in America and with TV contracts, increases in value every year. So the family found something for Woody to do without losing any part of the family fortune. Woody does not have a football background or experience on any level yet he set out to run a football team in the biggest market in the country. Unlike other NFL owners like the Maras', Tischs', or Blanks', Woody did not surround himself with football people. Instead, with accountants and lawyers providing guidance, he anointed himself the de facto head of football operations putting himself in the middle of critical decisions such as the signing of free agents, drafts and worst of all, the building of the organization. Woody has put together an organization wrought with dysfunction. Instead of hiring a head of football operations with a football background who can build a football organization with coaches, scouts, capologists, etc, Woody instead fills that role. Woody selects the General Manager (Idzik), the head coach (Rex), the assistant head coaches (Schottenheimer) and scouts (Terry Bradway). Instead of having a fully functional team, all on the same page and following a team-oriented process for player selection through the draft, free agent signings, and trades there are factions of Woody's people all over the organization. So instead of collaborative team building, there is only dysfunction. All courtesy of Woody Johnson's management style. While Woody recently admitted he honestly thought this year's 2-11 group would be a good team he then announced that he will analyze where they are and what they need to do to fix this mess. There is a good chance Woody will perpetuate this ineffective management style by moving Idzik to another corner of the second floor in Florham Park and hiring a new general manager with a scouting background. Another faction created. Another piece to a more complicated dysfunctional organization with Robert Wood Johnson in charge. Woody Johnson seems to be a decent person. He is charitable and appears to be loyal to a fault. However, until he realizes exactly what the role of successful owner is, he will continue to be a persona non grata among fans of the very team that he owns and loves."

So it appears the Johnson's family desire to keep Woody away from the business explains this situation. Maybe one of his children who takes over may be a bit more intelligent.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Patriot

Zack, it appears you have to hope his offspring is much better at ownership. Sorry

10. Patriot

I did some research on the TG Dinner and if you can cook the next TG Dinner and have Liz Hurley stand next to my portrait, that would be great! Her outfit was divine. Oh ya, my wife would kill me!

Isn't it great being the Ambassador to Britain? Maybe Liz is doing the Jets a favor since Woody is to occupied to screw up the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

NOOOO...he's terrible...blows games like Toilet with Aaron Rogers at QB...Packer fans want him gone

jets_fan likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

Very good Post...

Woody is just a Rich Idiot ..not even trusted by his family!! Looks like Richie Rich from comic book land has more brains..

Wow..the family hands him 650 million to "go play Football Owner" SMH 8 times..arrogant little snot won't take advice..typical

He's angry that they didn't see his love for Lionel Trains as a kid and buy him AMTRAK to fool with ....lmao

13. NYJetsO12

It doesn't matter ..across the Pond on here . He does an equally stupid job

With this new info my opinion of Woody and Chris has sunk to new levels..I think I would rather have Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels from Dumb and Dumber run the Jets and have the Johnsons try out for that role

We need a self made man like Arthur Blanc or Kraft who know how to grow a business to buy this shitshow one day..

14. Patriot

Wow, not my first choice, but I must give you credit.

I thought Greg Williams was the man to consider. But since he has taken over for the Browns, just watch them start winning to piss me off. Just remember you heard it here!

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I can't say I agree with that 100%... If that were so I would think Woody would never have hired the Casserly consulting crew to do the search that gave us Macc & Bowles.

I think Woody saw the error of his ways with the Idik hire & tried to do the right thing bringing in those he felt knew better to make the next choice... sadly we all see where that's taken us.

I do feel Woody should hire a "head of football operations" guy experienced in all the ins & outs of the NFL... a guy who runs the show & handles both the GM & HC.
    Call me crazy but I'd like that guy to be Mangini... I think Mangini was a great football mind and talent evaluator. I think his downfall was his personality & dealing with the media. This would allow Mangini to operate behind the scenes and build the team without having the be in the spotlight.

Patriot likes this.
  16. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Everything all connects to the ultimate failure, Woody.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and he plays safety

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Where do I turn my jersey in? Mike McCarthy is not a good coach! He has had the most talented QB to ever step on a football field for 10 years and they only have 1 SB appearance. McCarthy and Co. have single-handedly wasted Rodger's career.

K'OB likes this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Best as I can tell, they generally score less points then the teams they play against.

Pretty sure that’s the issue.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure you answered your own question. Todd Bowles seems like a great guy and he’ll probably go back to being a successful DC and have a nice career in that position but he is not and never will be again a HC. I am of the belief that the cupboard is not as bare as it seems and while the talent level is not there yet it’s not as bad as Bowles and his incompetent staff make them look.

I am one of the few on here that feel the Jets are on the right track and there is hope for the future. Most cap space in the league along with a top 5 pick and franchise QB prospect is gonna look mighty nice for potential HCs. This next HC hire is one of the biggest decisions for this franchise in a very long time, they have to get it right.

Just End The Season!

BrickcityJet likes this.