ESPN officially lists Bowles as one of their Hot Seat Coaches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BuddyRyans46, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

A competent coach has us beating Miami 1, Cleveland, Bills and probably Miami 2

That’s 4 wins or 7-3 record

At worst 6-4

Bowles would not have an average roster play well- that’s just ridiculous to say

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Imagine if they traded for that bum Khalil Mack?!

FJF likes this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Bowles is on the hot seat. Wow thanks ESPN. I didn't know. Very insightful. I thought he was pretty secure. Now I'll have to watch the remaining six games to see if he can save his job.

ColoradoContrails, FJF and stinkyB like this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That's a big part of the problem.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the ENTIRE organization should be on the hot seat. the talent that has come out of college these last 3-4 years there really is no excuse for the jets not to have a more complete roster.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Right. Look at the organizations that are evaluating talent and killing it right now:

Saints, Chiefs, Rams, Jags, Chargers, Bears, Vikings...all contenders.

The problem for the Jets is, once they find the "formula" that works, we are still 3 years off reaping the benefits. The Jets aren't even close right now. It's troubling.

7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

All we asked was to not F#CK up the QB. And??
    [​IMG]

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This time last year the Bears weren’t close. Then they look to have hit on a HC to pair with their QB they traded up for and spent big in FA.

This time two years ago the Rams weren’t close. Then they look to have hit on a HC to pair with their QB they traded up for and spent big in FA.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Great post. Yes, the Jets aren't even close. We're in for a long rebuild. Truthfully, there is only 1 player worth calling "indispensable" -and that"s Jamal Adams. Darnold, obviously will and should be treated as indispensable but only because of potential, not out of merit. - if we're being honest.

94Abraham likes this.
  10. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I disagree with this. The QB is in place the team is going to have another set of top draft picks and a boatload of cash. 2 drafts and 2 offseasons and this team could be built to win at that point with a competent change of GM and HC.

11. BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46 Active Member

As a die-hard Beas fan, STinkyB, I have to say that I LOVE having Khalil Mack on our team! :)

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

They weren't close because the players they selected weren't primed yet. The talent was there.

The talent is not on the roster here, nor is it in the pipeline...

Also, FA has slim pickings things year. If the Jets improve, it is going to be a marginal improvement.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It depends on the position selected with the high picks.

Some positions (maybe most) take at least 3 years to contribute at a high level.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The big issue is that there is little talent at key positions. QB(Darnold has shown flashes of being a FQB, but he needs to do it consistently), LT, C, Edge. It's possible to have upgrades at all 4 positions next year(Darnold improving being the QB upgrade), which would make the skill positions the priority in 2020. I hope we get a Tyrell Williams in FA and draft a RB like Montgomery to make our skill position talent better, but with room for improvement going into next season.

15. Laveon Bell
    Jadaveon Clowney
    Demarcus Lawrence
    Anthony Barr
    Dante Fowler
    Ryan Kalil
    Tyler Eifert
    Jason Verrett
    Randall cobb
    Tyrell Williams
    Devin Funchess
    Tevin Coleman
    Cameron Flemming

There willl be plenty of options to improve this roster.Maybe not make us stacked over night but at least get better & thats w.o even considering the draft.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sure if ownership gets it right, we can be contenders next year. Good luck with that.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No to Ryan Kalil. He's already 33. IMO we need to draft a young C and let Sam and he develop together.

No also to Devin Funchess. He drops too many passes.

18. My point was its not a weak FA class by any stretch..and there will be plenty of options.it just isnt stacked or gonna fix all the Jets problems over night.

I disagree about Center by the way.Thats not to say i want Kalil but i view center as feast or famine.If they can make the right line calls(most important thing),hold up against NTs & assist on combo blocks thats well enough.

Weve been spoiled as jets fans by alot of great centers.Mangold,Mawae,Duffy,Fields & Sweeney.

I dont see a great center in this draft worth considering til late round 2. Id rather have bookend tackles or a new left side to grow w Sam.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Has anybody told Todd this revelation? Seems he's a bit in the dark how precarious his job is...

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

totally agree. their offense is terrible and a lot of goes on mccagnan. He refuses to draft on the OL and it shows. Even the free agents are weak. MacIdiot went into this season counting on heavy contributions from crowell and pryor, 2 guys who before this season hadn't won an NFL game since the end of the Cold War.